1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay here is another idea

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Hyun, Nov 23, 2001.

1. Hyun

Hyun Well-Known Member

This idea is nothing new but beside the general forum, have the forum where the posters can post better organized information. (And hopefully people will put more throughts when they post to that place.) Of course it would be have to be moderated someway and easy to access from the front page. VirtuaProject and some Korean Tekken sites I saw works this way. (One of them has three level system where moderators move the good posts out of the info forum to "recommended info" forum. Again this is nothing new but should be useful I belive. (Not what I would prefer at the end, but would be a compromise.)

2. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

This sounds EXTREAMLY subjective...who is to really say what is a good post, what is a bad post...I can see flame remarks and those sort of arguments put into a entertainment section or the bitching section...but, I do not like what you propose and its implications one bit.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Let's put it this way... when you're capable of making really good posts, you can easily spot really good posts.

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Hyun, please feel free to use my site, it's not finished, but it's easy to navigate, and it has a GOOD link to virtuafighter3 site with moveslist's and galleries, it's "PAV'S vf3 page"

my site: www.geocities.com/virtuafightermedia

i will also be putting up a "tech" page with vf techniques, moves and K-STEP quotes (not that it's relavent to you i dont think)

if you want vf4 moveslists, it's at "tbzone" but i forgot the URL, mabye someone can post it

i'm not saying anything about oppinons though, or i'll get flamed off the face of this board... (^_^), sorry...

if you go to my site, PLZ dont forget to sign the guestbook to let me know that you have been *cheers*

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

While I agree with you, I do see this headed down a slipperly sloap that I would not like to travers.

6. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Moderation is the key to happiness, while we're throwing around old saws.

Moderation (one or more guys deciding what content they allow in a limited area) is NOT the same as censorship. Get that out of your head now. All posts under Hyun's proposed system will be available to be read by ANYONE at ANY TIME. But some will be in one category and the rest will be in the other. Your worry seems to be about hurt feelings: "I thought my Wolf strategy was really good! Why isn't it in the "Good stuff" message board?!!"
    .....That's a problem with the whiner, not with Myke or whoever decides what goes where. If you're worried that some magic gem of really good information will somehow get passed over and won't be put into the "Good Stuff" message board, all you have to do is make sure to religiously read the 'regular' VF message board and you will be sure to spot it. You'll also spot all the other crap, but at least you can be thorough and make sure Myke didn't misjudge the value of any posts. Anyone who reads only the "Good Stuff" board will simply have to miss out on this theoretical diamond in the rough.

As you might have guess, I'm all for a moderator-controlled "Good Information" board that would allow me to bypass the kneehigh garbage found elsewhere.

If it makes you feel any better, we won't label it an "advanced" board or a "good stuff" board, we'll call it the "Editor's favorites" board.