1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay, so I just tried VF4 for the first time!

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by tacomodo, May 30, 2002.

1. tacomodo

tacomodo New Member

This is my first VF game, and I must say it's pretty fun.

I think I found the T.Ogre of VF, though.
    That guy Akira is just ridiculous. All his moves override EVERYTHING, they are faster and they do stupid damage - so does his throws and counters(if thats what they are). He just strikes me as stupidly too good through and through.

I picked a character and I've decided to learn him. Lei-Pei og Lei-Fei or Pei-Mei something like that. I tried playing through on Normal difficulty setting, but there's nothing normal about Akira. Without exaggerating I think I can say I tried beating him around 80-90 times with rounds set to 3...ugh he's just a major gamespoiler. Arf!

Could anyone point me to some good FAQ's and/or vids that show off that char I've chosen, Lei-something, please?

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Look on the home page under game information. There's a good Lei-Fei FAQ in there.

Also, VF4 is quite balanced. Play Kumite mode for a while - everyone will become hard to defeat.

3. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

There's raging debates on who are the hardest people to defeat in the game. It really comes down to who's operating it. In Arcade mode though, you're right. The only hard one in all of arcade mode is Akira.

When a person is using him, there are weaknesses, but I agree -- he's got too many damn crumbles.

I have a hard time with Jeffry as well, if it's played by the right person.

4. Kali

Kali Well-Known Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

The only hard one in all of arcade mode is Akira.

<hr></blockquote>

Maybye because that he is the last character? /versus/images/icons/smile.gif . In arcade every next stage is harder...

5. GaijinPunch

Yes, but not every arcade has all relatively easy stages except the last. I'd even say Wolf & Aoi are easier than JAcky, b/c he inashi's way too much.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmm, akira seems to be a pain for most people.. for some reason i have more trouble with vanessa on very hard mode.

7. tacomodo

tacomodo New Member

Tell me, did I make a bad choice starting off with Lei? He's really hard to keep track of, and his moves seem somewhat slow and doesn't override anything. But he's sooooo cool, though /versus/images/icons/smile.gif And no - I do not mash. Die mashers!
    If he is one of the worst characters, I would like to try Wolf. He's also really cool.

8. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Read the Lei Fei Dojo guide.

Watch some vids, ask more specific questions...

Lei Fei fundamentally is the same as other characters, however he differs greatly because of his stance changing.

You are finding it hard to keep track of his moves because you are most likely mashing. Mashing in the sense you are executing moves semi-randomly and do not have a mastery of the stance changing.

Many of Lei-Fei's moves and stances are designed such that their inputs would make a would be masher look like he can play.

First thing you should do is understand the fundamentals of the game:

-Guard: high/low
    -Strike: High/Mid/Low
    -Dodge
    -Manouvering
    -Throws

Lei Fei has other properties as well:

Stances
    -IN
    -DM
    -EV
    -TG

Sabaki, a type of move that Lei-Fei has a lot of.

As you mention that Lei-Fei feels sluggish, you've most likely entered a stance and do not know how to flow in and out of stances.

Concentrate on Lei-Fei's flow of stances and actual commands first.

9. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

This is a beginner`s post if I`ve ever seen one...moving it to da Help Centah.

10. GaijinPunch

The best way I can think of to get good with LeiFei, is do free training and learn the stances. *THEN*, learn how to go directly to a stance that you're usually in in the middle of a combo, and throw off an attack.

IE, instead of doing p,p to do the one-legged number (sorry, I don't know any of the Engrish terminology) do u+P+K+G.

Instead of ppp, do d+P+K+G

Then learn how to throw off those moves. Sorry if this seems weird.

In all hosesty, I think Lei Fei is a good 2nd character. He was my 3rd.