1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okay wtf is Handcuff Lightning?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by NeverEnd, Apr 16, 2002.

1. NeverEnd

NeverEnd Member

Not only does Jacky look like a crack head, he sounds like a total bitch. And his "I did Handcuff Lightning" phrase is really getting on my nerves. Is it a move of some sort? What does it mean? Or is Jacky just a whiny bitch talking shit? Its even worse than Vanessa's "Your not worthy opponent" phrase.

2. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

LOL, its a metaphor. Obviously if you can handcuff lighting your pretty fucking fast. All the win taunts with exception to most that don't involve English sound a bit Magoo. Get used to it, especially hearing jacky's win taunt when playing me. LOL /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif.

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

a thread on here explained it pretty well. It's a muhammed ali quote, something like "I done handcuffed lighting and jailed thunder"
    jacky uses "I've done" which has a totally different meaning from ali's "I done" ... but anyway, that's where it's from. Jacky's supposed to be cocky like Ali I guess, but hell, didn't bruce lee ever say something cool!? I'd rather see jacky to a white guy "HWAAAAAAA!!!!@!@".

4. buckysenior

buckysenior Member

"I've wrestled an alligator, tussled with a whale. I've handcuffed lightning, and thrown thunder in jail. I float like a butterfly, and sting like a bee. I am the greatest. Mahammad Ali." -- Mahammad Ali

buck

5. MrWhite

MrWhite Well-Known Member

I've never heard of anyone getting riled up about the taunts on VF. They're harmless ! What, you get all violent and shit when faced with CGI cockyness ?

6. NeverEnd

NeverEnd Member

Nah, it's just that Jacky sounds like a crack head /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif. I just wanted to know what the phrase meant. But I would rather see Jacky say "Be water my friend."

7. Marginal

Marginal Well-Known Member

He's not even saying "I done handcuffed lightning".

He's saying "Yeah! I've got hands of lightning." Listen closely and you'll see. It's not supposed to be an Ali quote etc. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

8. jwalton

jwalton Active Member

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

He's saying "Yeah! I've got hands of lightning." Listen closely and you'll see. It's not supposed to be an Ali quote etc.

<hr></blockquote>

Actually, I believe it is you who needs to listen closely. At first, I thought the same as you that it was "I've got hands of lightning"
    but It always bothered me... I listened close and arrived at the conclusion that it was "I've done handcuffed lightning".... before I ever read this thread...

9. Marginal

You're wrong. It doesn't make any sense for starters, and I've got hands of lightning is a traditional Jacky win quote. The guy doing the voice makes it hard to discern, but in no way is "I done handcuffed lightining" Jacky's true win quote. I'll eat my copy of VF4 if it is.

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, let me look up the mooks....

Perfect Guide page 157 - Jacky's Win Quote with P:
    "Yes! I done handcuffed lightning!"

Either that's what they heard, or Sega told them, or Sega meant for Jacky to say. Or I would assume so.

-Chanchai

PS. Well, look what I have to put up playing as Lion. "It's a matter of course I'm gonna win!" I wish there was a comma somewhere in there. Gay poses too. And his "traditional poses" don't help at all either!

11. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Be sure to vidcap yourself eating your VF4 disc and post it on VFDC! kthxgg =P

12. HalfLotus

HalfLotus Active Member

The win phrases dont bother me alot, but it would be nice if the they were cool. You know its a good game when this is one the few things to bitch about.

13. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think it would be kinda cool to see somone try and eat their VF4 disc.

14. Marginal

The mook is wrong then. It's really easy to hear that, but no way. That's just not what he says.

15. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

find another person who agrees with you, until then I don't think your interpretation is believable. I hear handcuffed loud and clear...

16. Marginal

Um, yeah... Just look at the lengthy, labored and totally frickin' insane explanations for the winning quote that are being bandied about. "Yes. it's a butchered snatch of an Ali comment on Carson! Really!"

Jacky is the first character ever with intentionally screwed grammar in his win quote in the VF series?

I can hear it as "I done handcuffed lightning" too, but that's just because of the way it was said, not because that is what is really said.

You know, there are songs out there like 'Heres to you Mrs Robinson', and 'She's a must to avoid' which are commonly misheard as well. She's a must to avoid if you polled most people on the street would have the lyric as "She's a muscular boy"

Clearly that's what the song's really saying... *guffaw*

17. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This is a case of "one guy in the whole wide world hears this differently than everyone else hears it, including the official source."

If jimi tells you it's "excuse me while I kiss the sky" then by god, it's kiss the sky, not kiss this guy.

18. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

I can hear it as "I done handcuffed lightning" too, but that's just because of the way it was said, not because that is what is really said.

Tell you what. I'll provide you with scans from the VF4 Red and Black books (from two different publishers), you get your VF4 disc ready for consumption...

19. Marginal

Did any of the books get the win quotes from Sega? I'll eat my copy then.

20. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

get ready to eat ur copy. /versus/images/icons/wink.gif