1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Oki Tips & Tricks

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Cozby, Sep 7, 2013.

1. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Sup guys.

I'm gonna be working on a series of videos im calling VF Oki Tips & Tricks. I'll use this thread to post the videos as I upload them.

The videos will be pretty small, but will go into detail about really strong Oki options characters have that may be unknown, or are generally unused. I won't delve TOO much into meaties, since they've been covered many times over again. I made a blog post about them awhile ago: http://stncozby.blogspot.com/2013/05/vf-meaties-explored.html

I also wrote about OTG attacks here: http://stncozby.blogspot.com/2013/09/using-oki-to-100-efficiency-otg-attacks.html

This vid is for Jacky

EvenPit, Elite, Jay David and 17 others like this.
  2. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

that vid is why i hate jackys

3. Chibitox

Chibitox Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

I don't know if I should click on "like" for this post, so dirty :p

EvenPit and Tricky like this.
  4. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    Very nice video!

5. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    This is an Akira vid. Akira's oki is pretty straight forward (good mids, half-circular mids, guard breaks), so this became more about sideturned stuff. :/

Im gonna post more Akira info on my blog too

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
    Jide, mfwebdude, Infohigh and 7 others like this.
  6. Puno_de_Leyenda

Puno_de_Leyenda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Seikuken
    ^Damn...The like button only lets me hit it once...

Thanks!-Good stuff! :D

BLACKSTAR likes this.
  7. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    i hate akira alot now but excellent editing on that akira video cozby. very well done

Kamais_Ookin likes this.
  8. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Dat SF3 music :D

IcKY99 likes this.
  9. Tricky

I'm going to be that guy. Akira's CH 46P+K+G only guaranteeing 2P because the PK can be ducked. It's evadable if you think of ducking as a means of evading.

10. Cozby

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    You're right, but you have to think on terms of what his good mix-ups off of 46P+K+G are - a 2P followup is NOT in that category.

Why?

2P is only +6 on normal sideturn hit. From sideturn +6, the opponent can 2P OR fuzzy guard out of Akira's good options :(
    I only recommend 2P after CH 46P+K+G if the opponent is on the wall, or if they'll die from the 2P.

Think of it like this. How often SHOULD a player 2P in a favorable nikatu situation? Why not go for something more rewarding?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    MakiLeSushi and Elite like this.
  11. Tricky

It's just guaranteed is all I"m saying. Unless you're fighting an eileen player because her 9P will go over the 2P in this situation. I hear what you're saying about PK from Sideturn though. 2P is not a mixup in this case, the stuff after 2P are the mixup.

12. mfwebdude

mfwebdude Well-Known Member

PSN:
    x_Reikan_x
    took me a second to find this again. good stuff man.