1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okizeme / Ura

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Dec 14, 1999.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Can I do any Ura/Okizeme on my opponent if just rolls back and gets up with no attack??

2. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

Usually not, though with proper timing you can still smack em out of the roll with a quick forward dash and a low/mid hitting attack that has either very fast execution time or long reach (or both is nice, too)

A good example is Akira is smothering with quick dashes forward and the opponent rolls back, you can execute a b,f+P+K and can hit them out of the roll.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I believe Lion, and maybe Shun(just very hard i think), and perhaps Sarah too (a well timed u/f+P) can do it. Not sure how other characters can do it though, this is prolly the safest way to get up but also the most passive.

And remember if you don't rising attack there is always this tiny frame window that you are totally vulnerable.(for example, Kage stand up, SPoDed, Kage screamed " WTF! i was holding Guard?!" __ sounds familiar?)

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Gyargh! I remember all too well Sumeragi! /images/icons/blush.gif I'd roll backwards and Adam would dash up to SPOD and I'd be like, waaaaaaah?! WTF!?! Then I'd think, OK, I'm going to roll backwards again just to see what happens, and BOOM, hu, hu, haa!

Damn. /images/icons/smile.gif

ice-9 | Sennin