1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Okizeme

Discussion in 'Lei' started by Linzhuomin, Jun 18, 2008.

1. Linzhuomin

Linzhuomin Well-Known Member

So, I figured we should have an okizeme topic, since we're talking about techniques. What do you all use? anything that works particularly well?

backdash hai p+k works pretty well... but you gotta get in there after their kick and also, it kinda sucks for follow-up against higher skilled characters. plus it requires you to be out of range in the first place.
    koko k works for low attacks, and the timing is as super lenient, so much so that u can pretty much just wait till you seem em moving before you input
    koko p works for high attacks, but the timing is as strict as china on free speech. So much so that I don't really see it as viable.
    So koko isn't so fantastic either, cause you can just pretty much throw out highs to beat it.

then theres 66k. I USED to be able to land this back in the vf4 days but I haven't gotten it to work in like forever. plus the timing seems different depending on character, land position, and whether is a high or low rising attack
    theres also 66kg but again with all the same drawbacks as 66k, but a little more friendly to low attacks.
    then of course theres the sleeper stance for high attacks, just hit p when they wiff..

but what im lookin for is something that can work against BOTH if you think one is coming but dont know which.

anyone else got ideas?

2. smb

smb Well-Known Member

I know that doku k+G works against both, but china and free speech on both of those as well, so its hardly worth using. I think that for working agianst both the best alternative i've found is the 66 k+G, timing is good against low, pretty precise against high, the hardest part is getting yourself to be preemptive, which is necessry for it to work--if you wait till you see movement you'll probly be beaten by either low or high attacks by that point. no different then attacking techrollers where you have to anticipate....in a way anyways.

Just for the record, we could list every move that does over 20 pts of damage and list them as a rising crusher, but lets stick with the best.

Get out of the way and 4 p+k, p and 3k+gk both work

3. KtotheG

KtotheG Well-Known Member

not a lei player, but ken showed me this really nasty trick for oki with lei.

opponent lying on ground, enter hai shiki stance, then as the opponent does a rising attack, press 4P+K+G and lei will go into Doku with a step back that avoids the rising attack. normally ken would follow that with a doku 2K

very nasty, very gay /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

4. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    I like koko K alot now. Crushes and staggers mid and low risers + sabaki lows. You can bait the opponent into attempting a CH with a rising attack by using a move that enters Koko stance while they're on the ground

5. Griever

Griever Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Griever_PL
    I tend to use Hai Shiki against knocked down opponents. If I anticipate a mid rising kick I just do Bokutai and attack from it (you have to be in a certain distance, so that the kick misses, but the attack you decide to do, i.e. Bokutai /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif hits)
    When I'm not sure, it's easy to go straight into Nehan from Hai, or even after Bokutai.
    So after the opponent falls down you do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif,/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/db.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif
    Even if they just stand up and try to attack you, you've got the Nehan /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif or /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif as sabaki. You can also jump over any lows with nehan /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/g.gif.

Oh, and I forgot that besides sabakis you also have the option to do /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/d.gif form nehan /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

6. BlackDragon37

BlackDragon37 Well-Known Member

From /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/b.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif+/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/k.gif/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif, if your opponent techs sideways, follow them with an OM /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/p.gif. It staggers them.

7. social_ruin

social_ruin Well-Known Member

i've playing with up kg from normal vs tech roll. when timed right it crushes high, and easily beats low even with poor timing. also on block u get push a little push back, but admittedly this has gotten me no newfound strength ingame, but i only last wednesday decided okizene was the next frontier i would tackle....fucking brad.

8. TheWorstPlayer

TheWorstPlayer Well-Known Member

I knee. I mean Koko K. Or that f,f k+g thing I think goes into the puffs.

9. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Another Idea for Oki.
    Now first off let me say this, I realize that people probably are aware of this, but i've only seen one person use these and they are rather effective at least 2 mix in on occasion to confuse someone who is catching on to other tricks or to keep them from catching onto your other Oki tricks.

SHOUT OUT TO TONY FAMILIA AND HIS LAU FOR THIS SET UP

Stand right outside of rising attack range, when opponent stands up do an offensive move (with no attack) and then throw or do a combo off of it. Often times the opponent will see that swinging offensive move animation and freeze into block THROW. Then when they get used to being thrown attack. Just another set up worth utilizing form time to time.

10. ShinobiFist

ShinobiFist Well-Known Member

Stealing all ya Wu-Tang skillz!

11. Cozby

Cozby OMG Custom Title! W00T!

PSN:
    CozzyHendrixx
    XBL:
    Stn Cozby
    Nice! But as a solution, one can use a delayed rising attack to counter that.

12. The_Shunjinkogh

The_Shunjinkogh Well-Known Member

I usually confuse fighters by switching stances so I can confuse them. It only works against human fighters. The A.I. knows everything. AHHHHH! makess me angry.

13. BlackDragon37

So I found that cr.s 33PP 43P+K doesn't work on heavyweights. So I found an alternative combo:

cr.s 33PP K+G.

It does the same amount of damage as the conventional "cr.s 2P 33PP+K+G Ura Nehan KK" combo. The advantage the former combo has over the latter however is that you can keep up the offensive if the opponent ukemi off the ground:

If the opponent ukemi in place, you get a free Doku K+G.

If the opponent ukemi to the background, you get a free Doku 8/2K+G (whichever goes to the background).

14. BlackDragon37

Also:

9K+G 2P 33PP. If the opponent tech rolls left or right, you can get a free 66K+G.

15. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    Okay my most unique LeiFei oki trap many of u guys probably seen it once on live [3] [3] [K] [+] [G] Ch leg crumple,Doku [K] [K], [3_] [K](During opponent inplace tech), [4] [6] [6] [P] [+] [K](will back crumple), [3] [P], [2] [P], [1] [P] [+] [K], [4] [6] [6] [P] [+] [K]

Other alternatives if they side tech instead use [3]/ [9] [P] [+] [K] for a stagger.
    ( wont work against aoi and shun the Doku [K] [K] will whiff and wont work period if opponent doesnt tech .)

16. CJA

CJA Well-Known Member

PSN:
    IzunaDrop25
    XBL:
    CJA25
    [6] [P] [+] [K] works with Vane if u time it right and thats all im giving away

17. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Lei has heaps;

bukatai 3k
    vs mid/low
    easy to time

466PK
    super cool if you pull it off, major side crumble

8KK
    warps round to rear, easy to time

cool stance ones:

doku 2k, k, 2pkg, pp, kg
    vs mid
    ducks right under, big combo if they don't struggle the stagger

2pkg, 4pkg
    perfectly distances the rising attack to whiff
    4pkg lifts the extend front foot to bait the low sweep
    ... kg to ass stagger.. 33p, pkg, ppp... big combo

others:

8kg
    outright beats all mid/low
    easy to time

9kg
    vs low

66kg
    vs low is easy
    vs mid slightly harder to time

2pkg, pk slightly charged
    shoot past the floored opponent to their back causing a whiff
    k will back crumble
    k,k,k,k few more time to cause annoyance
    ... can outright beat mid/low front on if timed correctly as alternate

there a lot more but those are the cooler more practical ones in my arsenal

18. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant
    I'd rather not make a topic about this move.

Leis Doku Ritsu Shiki [6] [P] [+] [K] [+] [G] [K]

Can this really be reversed? In the vfdc listing it's under as mk.mk.

Concerning the actual mix up between the catch throw and the two kicks is it possible to actually fuzzy guard against both?

Sometimes you can dodge too early so you'll avoid the first kick but the second one will catch your failed evade.

Is it possible to struggle out of all of his stagger attacks?

Thanks for any help in advance!

19. ShinjukuATM

ShinjukuATM Well-Known Member

Doku 6pkg k can be reversed
    You can fuzzy guard to avoid both options but timing is hard
    You can escape all staggers of that perverted monk

20. VFnumbers

VFnumbers Well-Known Member Content Manager Lei

PSN:
    VFnumbers
    XBL:
    VFnumbers
    I actually tried to use doku [6] [P]+ [K]+ [G] to roll through rising kicks then if sucessful cancel roll to nehan shiki stance with [P]+ [K]+ [G]