1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

okizemi stuff from PS2 CD

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by alantan, Feb 3, 2002.

1. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

shit, I wrote a long post explaining how to interrupt rising kicks but it is gone due to browser error.

so to make things short, and move that has HIGHER damage than the rising kick will interrupt the rising kick, IF you time your move such that the hit detection of you move is ACTIVE when the hit detection of the rising kick comes out. In VF4, when such a situation occurs, the move with higher damage wins.

2. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

doh. I hate that. ctrl-a, ctrl-c at random during long posts.

Re the damage theorem, do you have this 100% positive?
    I remember when we were all surprised when pai's u/f+K beat sarah's rising attack in a move, and u/f+K is very little damage.

3. alantan

alantan Well-Known Member

ya I am pretty sure, but my Japanese is not perfect. I think maybe pai's u/f+k beat a low rising attack. What I am saying is that if you time your attack right you can BEAT any rising attack with a strong move. Like what Myke said last time about Vanessa k+g beating a high rising attack. Actually at that time I tried the move a couple of times and it didn't worked. Thought Myke was talking rubbish /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Basically you need to use a move with LONG hit detection. For Vanessa they suggested f,f+k (DS)

4. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Btw do you happen to have the frame stats of the rising attacks of each character?

And in case you don't know(I thought it is interesting any way), the concept of "all" double limb attack cannot be countered is not true. I saw Aoi(weihao) countering Akira's(danny13)face down rising low kick, the one with 2 legs.

5. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea man...i countered the 2 legged low rising attack.erm...if u said tat a higher damage move will have priority,then wat moves can Aoi use?hehe.seems tat most of her moves by themselves do little damage.

6. ken

ken Well-Known Member

Yeah.. i've notice this with Lei's "u+kg" his flying horizontal double leg swipe.

This one beats rising kicks.. I think..

7. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    hehe i use Aoi. =P

8. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

although it's risky as hell, aoi's u+K+G squashes rising attacks well... more due to the fact that she's 10 feet in the air and untouchable while your kick is whiffing...

9. danny13

danny13 Well-Known Member

I think you and Little wild are talking about reversal right and not counter.

10. danny13

No wonder when i use aoi i have a hard time countering the rising attacks. I tried using b,df+p to get a crumble but now i know its too little damage. Akira is much easier with knee. Aim for the high rising kick and if the opponent does a low one, you go over it safely. Same goes for wolf.

11. feii

feii Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WEIHAO888
    yea man.looks like aoi can onli use her reversals against rising attacks.its much less of a risk than her u+K+G.hehe.reversals against low rising kick sets u up for an attack.

12. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

No wonder when i use aoi i have a hard time countering the rising attacks. I tried using b,df+p to get a crumble but now i know its too little damage.

If you're countering as in blocking and then trying to hit Akira before he recovers from his rising attack, it won't work. AFAIK, Akira's rising attacks are uncounterable. i.e. a fast punch or low punch isn't even fast enough to hit him before he recovers, and Akira could interrupt a throw attempt by continuing to attack after the rising attack recovered.

Damage level is irrelevent in this scenario.

Oh, after reading it over a couple of times, I see you mean (major) counter the rising attack as in interrupting it. Yeah, Aoi's double stop may not be strong enough at only 20 pts... Can anyone confirm what most rising attacks do for damage? Virtuaproject has basically every rising attack at 20 pts. Is that what the blue book says too?

Akira is much easier with knee. Aim for the high rising kick and if the opponent does a low one, you go over it safely. Same goes for wolf.

Yep, anyone with a conventional knee animation works in this case.
    Sarah's ff+K lunging knee also works.

13. danny13

Oh yeah sorry about that. I meant Mc that's right. I was just experimenting the other day with Akira. It seems that it is stance dependant for the knee to interrupt rising kicks. I think you need to be in close stance as in your opponent's rising kick comes from the left, your knee needs to come from your left too. If not, you'll just end up behind your opponent's back. I managed to pull of acouple of throws when i'm at the back but it wasn't back throw.

14. Nutlog

Nutlog Well-Known Member

I may have gotten this wrong but one of the lessons in training trial modes is practicing the timing on throwing blocked high rising attacks, just like VF3, though a lot more strict on timing. It does seem to be guaranteed on all characters with no exceptions. Just thought I'd throw that in.

15. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Interesting... I was sure Akira's high rising attack was uncounterable... must just be entering my throw in too late. It must be like after blocking a knee or shoulder ram then. Gotta react immediately. Hmmm... could be a tweak to Ver C, but thanks for the comment Nutlog.

16. Seismo17

Seismo17 Member

how do i have to reverse a high rising kich with aoi???
    because the h-rising kick hits mid but the animation is the high-crescent one, so b+p+k or d/b+p+k???

TimBo

17. Sausage Man

Sausage Man Active Member

I'm almost positive that you have to counter high rising attacks mid. I haven't tried it lately.

18. BEM

BEM Member

Counter MID (d/b+P+K).

19. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

IIRC it's the high-crescent animation because there is no longer a mid crescent reversal, and all circular kicks are reversed the same. Of course, it still gives you the advantage and plenty of style points. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

20. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

Timbo, for attack reversals, the key thing to remember is the level of the attack.

b+P+K for high attacks
    d/b+P+K for mid attacks
    d+P+K for low attacks

This is now universal in VF4. It's different from how reversals were classified in VF3. The d/b+P+K reversal generates different animation depending on which attack you reverse (sidekick, midkick, uppercut, elbow, knee, kickflip), but it only works against attacks that hit mid-level.

All "high" rising attacks hit mid-level. I know calling them high is not strictly correct, but it's understood what is meant on these forums. I guess it came from you have a rising attack that you must block low, and a rising attack you must block high. <shrug>