1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Old returning player needs help

Discussion in 'Console' started by pltan, Aug 22, 2020.

1. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

I’ve not played in a long time, over a decade and would love to get back into VF. Had great fun with quest mode bck in the day.

What’s the best version/format to play in this day and age?

I’ve got PS4, PC, Xbox one S hooked up. PS3 in storage somewhere, would appreciate someone pointing me in the right direction.

The Yakuza port is the latest right?

2. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    here's the option i'd recommend: if you have a decent PC and a good internet connection, talk with @PsychoFingers about playing VF over the cloud with Parsec. in my opinion it's the most consistent way to play VF5FS online at this time.

if you want to stick with consoles, @FightClubHuBBs runs bi-weekly tournaments alternating between PS3 and 360. this week, tomorrow night, is a PS3 tournament. he has challonge links you can register through whenever a tournament is coming up.

stay away from the PS4 unless you want to play through the Yakuza 6 or Judgment ports, and even then they're only single player or couch multiplayer. PS Now also has VF5FS but it is virtually unplayable until PS Now allows you to download it for offline play.

pltan likes this.
  3. pltan

pltan Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, very helpful. My internet is 800Mbps but I am in Malaysia, so high pings to both USA and Europe. Nevertheless will definitely get in touch with the people you mentioned. I hadn’t even heard of Parsec or the Judement port til now.

PS4 is my main console, but soudns like there isn’t a decent port on it now :/

Where else should I look for a strong quest type/AI mode for now? Is VF4 Evo on PS3 the only real choice?

I really hope the PS5 has backward compatibility for PS3 games.

beanboy and DomAug like this.
  4. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    if you have a disc for VF4E and a backwards compatible PS3, that's probably your best choice. the next best would be Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 (not Final Showdown but the original 5)