1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Old VF (1-3) videos

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by GodEater, Feb 8, 2012.

1. GodEater

GodEater Well-Known Member

just a weird, random blast from the past I stumbled on tonight.

Chanchai and Genesis like this.
  2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    100% Combos 0_o - No wonder why Lau and Akira won the first 2 VF tournaments. Thanks for sharing.

3. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

KNEE> bodycheck combo was beastly [​IMG]

4. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    I Recently came across this channel when I was searching for FS channels to subscribe to.

www.youtube.com/user/takeshimono3

They have uploaded loads of VF2 & VF3 tournament footage, from old VHS's I assume. A really good watch.

Here's the first of a set of VF2 videos..

5. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

This one is a really good match back to VF3 time. I was trying to find VF3TB during later period(mature Korean step skill) but nothing came out. According to this video, I believe those top JP players already utilized evade step but not that often as I expect. Maybe it's because of a tournament so they wanted to keep safe, not fancy. Check out the last part Wolf gameplay, amazing!

6. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3
    damn wolf was strong in VF3 [​IMG]

7. GodEater

yeah, once the novelty of K-step was run through it was used situationally and not just - as debuted by shinz - whenever you weren't getting hit.

Those were good matches, so strange to see people ground roll towards an Akira and not get devastated by guard break tournaments do fun things to basic strategy.

8. Dennis0201

I think these are the latest VF3 videos we can find on youtube, nothing newer to be recorded. It's entertaining to watch still. There is a clip on this channel shows date in 2000 considered the late period of VF3.

I'm surprised that random stages are allowed in official JP tournament, and SEGA used single mode instead of TB mode. Maybe that's due to region/rule different, in Taiwan we prefered Akira dojo stage and setup TB mode even with the same character.

9. GodEater

I don't know about the random stages but I believe it was a standard to have all tournaments in normal mode.

10. GodEater

gotta say, the retro itch comes on strong after watching these vids. thank cow for Demul and Nebula.

11. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF
    I didnt really know about the whole step techniques and I just stumbled across this..

12. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Dennis, have you and Chief seen Adam's Korean stepping in vf3 days? Not too bad I think. His Akira and my Pai from 1997 or 1998 I think.

13. GodEater

That was kinda neat MP. oddly enough VF1 has the same open components that allow stepping. in fact you needed to be able to do it in order to backdash without an insane recovery penalty.

14. Dennis0201

15. Ash_Kaiser

Ash_Kaiser Marly you no good jabroni I make you humble... Bronze Supporter

I get the feeling that that video should be in Godonkadonk's blog thread.

Also, I bet everyone is waiting to get punished by him in FS, although judging by that video, we'll be waiting for about 20 minutes for any punishment to happen though.

16. GodEater

yeah, please don't derail a retro VF thread with that dude or his videos. I don't mind the videos, just the inevitable chatter about them.

17. El_Twelve

El_Twelve Well-Known Member

Aaaah, good old VF. Thanks for the vids.

Akira's bodycheck used to one hit KO on counterhit in VF1. They reduced it to about 95% in VF2, which was still horrific. Haven't been able to find video of it though.

The reason for the insane damage is when Yu Suzuki went to China to research Baji Quan, he got drunk one night and asked the Baji Quan master to bodycheck him once to see how it feels.... And he got knocked the F@#K out.

Yeah, when people found out about funky stepping in VF3, they'd just do it once the round started. Taka soon put a stop to that though. :p

18. Dennis0201

Haha, sorry my bad. I thought it's hilarious to insert his video here. [​IMG]

19. GodEater

I was doing some google searching for VF2 since it has been a bit since the AM2 releases came out and was kinda shocked that there was next to nothing out there! like, almost nothing. However, here's what I found.

Anyone playing this? I'd love some vicarious VF2 action! haha.
    HKVF (some FV as well)

Psychichimp

Shame it is all version 2.1, I would love to see some 2.0 craziness.

Neonomide likes this.
  20. Neonomide

Neonomide Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Neonomide
    Nice stuff, I have VF2 and FV on PSN, but there are hardly any players. PM me and we can have a few.

Was Shun's 66K a launcher in VF2? My memory fails me...