1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Old wolf "bug" still present in vf4 PS2....

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Sudden_Death, May 20, 2002.

1. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

its not a big deal of a bug but something funny to see at the end of a match. for those that didnt know, this "bug" happens when wolf beats the opponent with a side kick or any other move that -finishes- the opponent leaving him/her standing and droping to their knees. after this do his b,b+p+g catch throw then do f+p+g to see some weird stuff /versus/images/icons/smile.gif. this "bug" works in arcade version B, but supposedly was taken out in version C arcade but it still present in ps2 version (thankfully /versus/images/icons/smile.gif ).

2. fagan

fagan Well-Known Member

actualy i couldn't get b,b+P+G to work after the mid kick (if i do the b,b+P+G all i get is a regular wiffed throw animation)

3. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

Hey, Sal! Give me some credit for telling you that bug. Ha ha. As you told, I got the account here. I thought I registered as Hiro a while ago, but it seems to be gone... I hope I won't forget the password this time.

By the way, Myke, you wrote that Wolf's u/f+P -> f+P+G and Jeff's d+K->d,d/f,f+P+G were not guaranteed in any situation, but they are actually guaranteed when the first attack hits with a counter. Also, if you get used to it, it is not difficult to jump over low-rising attacks by Wolf's u/f+P. (It is true that it is more difficult to jump over low-rising attacks with u/f+P than other jump attacks such as Lau's.) Say, after a throw, it helps if you crouch-backdash a bit. Since you have to wait more than half a second before inputting f+P+G, you sometimes see Wolf grab the opponent out of action such as dashing, etc.

Hiro

4. Sudden_Death

Haha, opps! you're right, thanks to you hiro for telling me about that bug (its works on ps2!! cool! heh ).

keep on posting man, it really kills boredom /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

p.s. shao lon pao rules! hahah (i hope its spelled like that /versus/images/icons/smile.gif)

5. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    By the way, Myke, you wrote that Wolf's u/f+P -> f+P+G and Jeff's d+K->d,d/f,f+P+G were not guaranteed in any situation, but they are actually guaranteed when the first attack hits with a counter.

Sorry, Hiro's right, with the proper timing, the throw is guaranteed after a counter hit. I remember <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=37696&page=&view=&sb=&o=>posting this translation</a> from the White Book some time ago in regard to Jeffry's TKoD.

6. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

gee, thanx hiro, that was my post ^_^...

well, atleast i got it cleared up, i've set up a vid of a couple my wolf combos which is why i needed this info, i'll be posting it in the media section shortly, it also has a short clip of ECDing if i'm doing it correctly some ppl might wanna look..?

7. Sudden_Death

well well well, guess what, this bug only works on the japanese version of the game, it is removed from the US version, makes you wonder what else was taken out....

8. Ocelot

Ocelot New Member

i don't know if this is the place to ask but is Wolf's -

p+g ( they'll hit the wall and be stunned) b+k+g, p+g garunteed? it does 102 damage if so

i know they can escape the throw but can they block the mid kick before the stunner? .... thanx

9. hiro

hiro Well-Known Member

I don't think it is guaranteed. Actually, after bumping into a wall, there are two cases.
    1)after being hit by a move which takes less than 20(?) Then, you can not recover (and you don't need to recover) but you can defend if the opponent attacks. He can not throw you either. In this case, you have to watch out for Akira's guard break, etc, since defence is the only thing you can do while you are in the animation and Akira's guard break breaks your defence even if you are defending low. (in this case only.)
    2)otherwise, you will be staggering and you have to recover. If your recovery is not quick enough, just as regular elbow stagger, any attack will hit you. e.g. Akira, (crouch)f+P -> Spod. But, the advantage the opponent will have is more if he is farther from a wall, and after Wolf's P+G, he is too close to the opponent so that the opponent can easily recover and defend b+K+G.
    You can experiment this with Jeff. Jeff7s back throw(d/b+P+G) -> ff+PP can be defended easily if the distance to the wall is short. If it is long, then the opponent will have hard time receovering. It is (almost) guaranteed. This occurs because if the distance to the wall is long, Jeff can start ff+PP after getting out of the animation of back throw. If the distance is short, then Jeff is still in the animation of back throw when the opponent bumps into the wall.

hiro

10. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I think that's interesting, the distance part. I noticed when akira does b, d/f+P+G and the opponent hits the wall, it's almost a disadvantage for akira, they can start struggling earlier than they normally would have to.

I wonder if there's a sweet spot where akira's far from the wall, and b,d/f+P+G will send the opponent as far as possible before they hit the wall, and then they will have more disadvantage than a situation where akira does b,d/f+P+G with no wall.

Or maybe b, d/f+P+G is always better if there's no wall.

Also does anyone know the exact condition that creates the wall animation where the opponent hits the wall, turns, and then staggers as they turn back around? It seems to be the one animation that has the longest stun, and I think wall combos will work best. Is it caused when they hit the wall at an angle, or facefirst?