1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

omaha revisited

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by ghetto-SHUN, Nov 16, 1999.

1. ghetto-SHUN

ghetto-SHUN Well-Known Member

Thinking and reflecting back on the omaha get together makes me realize that there is always room for improvement in a persons playing style no matter how good of a player they already might be. I noticed myself and others playing at a much higher level than the last time we meet. SUMARAGI for example displayed how vicious and swift LAU could be played when his punch rushes are used to damn near perfection. This type of play combined with a bit of patience and half back stepping creats an opponent of which your most likely to never forget(ESPECIALLY IF YOU'VE NEVER SEEN A GOOD/GREAT/EXCELLENT/SUPERB LAU).

JEFF (a.k.a The ice man)at one point was playing under his normal standards,and I could see the disgust on his face. I said to myself I know he'll explode at some point,and just as the thought finished crossing my mind there was a big CHAMPION 21 WINS above kages name. I felt like he couldn't be bit for a moment,you would have to if you could see what he was doing.

I saw my SHUN for the first time on tape at the gathering,and it actually amazed me. I at one point went for 20 straight. Shun is annoying and i'll admit that, but at time same time he can pull so many things that no other character can. Is my shun strong,yes. This is the first time i have ever said that publically and really believed it to be true.(VIDEO CAN BE SO ENLIGHTENING).
    WELL THAT'S IT FOR ME GUYS,SO TAKE CARE, PEACE AND LOVE AND I'LL SEE YOU NEXT TIME. ghetto-SHUN signing off.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Watching tapes of yourself playing really helped!! I was watching a match between my Kage versus Shota's Jacky, and I noticed that I was escaping a lot after a blocked elbow. It was really odd because watching my matches with other players/characters, I didn't keep doing the bad habit. Well, in my next match with Shota, I actually took advantage of this and surprised him with a u/f+K+G right after a blocked elbow as I knew he was expecting an escape and had QDed to throw me. Heh heh heh... /images/icons/smile.gif

Ahhh...21 wins, what a pleasant memory. /images/icons/wink.gif Too bad Shota had to come along with his Skelton Kage-wannabe to totally throw off my rhythm!! /images/icons/mad.gif

ice-9 | Sennin