1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

on line roleplaying question

Discussion in 'General' started by Shadowdean, Jun 6, 2002.

1. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Would you play an on-line game that did not under most circumstances, allow you to come back after being killed. I think being able to always come back kills drama and suspense of actually playing a life. There could always be some ways around it, like being able to have children and then playing through your children. Doctors and field medics could have advanced technology to bring you back, provided they get to you fast enough and things like that. What do you all think?

2. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

3. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Well I guess it could work if they made it really hard to die. If not, youd wouldnt even live long enough to have children.

4. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

If you didn['t, its just on line darwinism.

5. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

I think it's retarted that you have to pay monthly payments. Isn't it enough that we actually bought their game? I hope FFXI won't sell one fucking copy here in the states.

6. BakuBaku

Darwin-ism gets kinda cheap when it comes to video games. Being hackers and such. PSO, Diablo, Ultima.........

7. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

There ARE online RPGs that have permenant death. There is a MUD that I play from time to time called <a target="_blank" href=http://www.armageddon.org>Armageddon</a>. If your character dies, you get the death screen and it's time to submit a new application. Pretty hardcore shit.

8. BakuBaku

I thought MUD and MMORPGs were a tottaly different thing

9. Oni-Kage

Oni-Kage Well-Known Member

Nope. One is text based and one is graphical based. Everything else is similar. This thread is about online RPGs in general, correct? What's your point?