1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

On SegaWeb...

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by Guest, Jul 5, 2001.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

...they've got 85 VF4 clips featuring gameplay clips of every character except Vanessa...for a fee! Luckily my dumbassed cousin joined the site already and sent the movies to me. If anyone can help me to get them to my favorite VF community, I'd appreciate it. What's good place to post these muhfuhs?

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    So you have the movies?

Have you watched all of them?

Can you at least post some impressions of what you saw? The <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.segaweb.com/news/0701/000b.html>Segaweb article</A> claims these movies are from the finished, never before seen version, which I (as well as others) think is a load of crap.

In the interim I think you could probably get the movies onto a free web service, or possibly Rax over at vfzone can help you, as I believe he has lots of hosting space at his disposal. Don't keep us waiting, kay? :)

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm working on it...;) probably by tomorrow...
    Oh yeah, there's nothing in the movies to indicate that it's a final version...but the movies are still slick as all hell!

4. Guest

Guest Guest

I've uploaded the first 14 movies to my angelfire account, but for whatever reason, you'll need a download manager program to get the files. Go here:

http://www.angelfire.com/my/artandwriting/vf4movies

When you get there, copy and paste the individual movie links into your dl manager program(Getright, etc.). Or, if you've got a file leeching program(GoZilla, etc.), just paste the above link to be leeched.

I've gotta open a few other pages to get this done...

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

thanks for posting the movies...

whoever was playing akira...errrr nevermind

anyway..I'm watching the third clip now...
    man ..the expression akira has during that particular winning pose....

like a damn machine~!/versus/images/icons/mad.gif

Thanks alot~/versus/images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

6. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

Thanks a ton!, I can finally hear Lei Fei's music and it rocks hard indeed : ) ...shame about Akira though...YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN /versus/images/icons/laugh.gif

7. AlexMD

AlexMD Well-Known Member

On a related note

It's great to see the camera doesn't go spaz too much after the throws where positioning is important, ie Akira's d/f p+g and d/b p+g assuming you can still ura after the former.

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Re: On a related note

after watching all 14 clips..
    I must say....for a *supposedly self pro-claimed seasoned VFer* he is....never mind...late night getting to me~

thank god for the kick ass gfx..(made the wait worthwhile)

and Kage has the best intro....
    and saying Ikuzo (let's go) after the TFT makes the TFT kinda execitng.

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by SummErs on 07/05/01 02:14 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

9. Guest

Guest Guest

please email all the Lion movies one at a time to: a.barbatojr@worldnet.att.net
    this is my home mail addy... nycat@virtuafighter.com still forwards to the above addy but sa send with one movie per send should be better received. thx to Kruza for linking his message at hardcoregaming.com to this movies for vf4 thread. Are any of the *VF4* beta test machines in NYC?

10. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

yo ELDRAGON! keep this in secret!!! that guy is
    gonna sue you if he sees this!!! he already told
    you in vfzone.com. just get on irc and spread the

word THERE! delete all this ASAP!!

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

--proud member of CvfC--

[​IMG]

11. Guest

Guest Guest

sorry, guys...all this is gone....thanks piccolo

12. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

is it me or is kage's head much too small?

13. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Help! I can't view the films. Do you need realplayer to view them? I have realplayer, but it still doesn't work. I also downloaded GoZilla and pasted the URL, and it opened up realplayer, but for some reason, i couldn't view it - all i heard were sound effects. Help a brutha out, will ya? :p

[​IMG]

14. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

they're gone now, but if you still have them - they're mpeg format, not real. windows media player or quicktime movie player should work.

15. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

adam..they are really shit shit shit clips....
    for what's worth..the only good thing are the gfx....

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

The clips look as though there's only one person playing. Fingers on 1P side, toes and foot on the 2P side.

17. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I have heard that it's the CPU on player 2 side. Check to see if there's an "insert coin" or anything on top of the 2p bar or if some time counter is on there.

18. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

it is only one guy *the supposedly seasoned VFer Adam Doree* playing

on top of the 2p health bar says *press start...free play*

and god...he realllllly SUCK!

Liar...and suck at the same time
    not a good combo~!

19. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Remember this?

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.segaweb.com/reviews/dreamcast/vf3tb.html>Definitive VF3tb Review</A>

Take it as you will...

20. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

Our good friend Adam Doree has posted a review of VF4 at:
    http://www.segaweb.com/reviews/arcade/virtuafighter4.html

My favorite part is:
    "The second new fighter, Vanessa, is a sexy black lady with white hair and mysterious yet beautiful eyes, and a supremely built body. Wearing only hot pants and a bra, her hair flows freely and her style is fast and strong. Her style has the aggression of the male fighters but the certain agility of the female fighters. So what's her story? This, along with that surrounding the game's final boss, I'll leave you to discover for your good selves."