1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

VF5FS Wiki On The Ground

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Myke, Jan 18, 2013.

1. erdraug

erdraug Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

XBL:
    erdraug
    I am looking for the execution speed of ground throws. Is it 10f? Some other, standardized, execution speed? Or it depends on the character, like catch throws do?

Also renewing my previous request for a meaty section.

2. Lucky_GT

Lucky_GT Well-Known Member

I didn't realize this at the time I read this thread. But when you rise from a knockdown, and do not use a rising attack, you get to choose whether or not your character recovers standing or crouching. Regardless of which direction you choose to roll.

You recover standing by just holding G.

You recover crouching by holding 2G.

Zekiel, Kamais_Ookin and ExzetyXat1 like this.
  3. G0d3L

G0d3L Well-Known Member

on top of that you have even more frames of invincibility (no hurt box) compared to when wake up attacks are used.
    Infact a wake up attack crusher will whiff (launcher punishable) against an opponent who just wake up

4. Lucky_GT

@G0d3L - Very true! There are some situations where you can beat both with strings like Jean's 4K+G,P,P.

You can also meaty people who rise like this, but it is very difficult to do consistently because there is no set timing.

5. BLACKSTAR

BLACKSTAR You'll find him on the grind Staff Member Media Manager

PSN:
    oBLACKSTARo
    XBL:
    BLACKSTAR84i
    Do you think there is a way to time a meaty vs a normal wakeup (no kick) by eyeing the wakeup animation? That's what I've been trying to figure out, off and on.

6. Lucky_GT

@BLACKSTAR - I'm not entirely sure, because of the timing between when a wakeup kick comes out and the timing if they didn't use one are close together.

It's likely possible if you are certain a wakeup attack is not happening.

7. Zekiel

Zekiel Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Zekiel-_
    Its already pretty difficult to notice the difference btwn wake up n wake up kick animation anyway. When i would try to crush attacks i would often find myself whiffing Jacky's 7k and getting brutally punished. Even with Slide shuffle its just risky in general

It will always remain a 2choice situation. Crush the wake up attacks or attack them immediately when the invincibility frames are done from a wake up.

8. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Made a slight update thanks to @Juicebox_FGC and @Harpooneer recently testing vulnerabilities during tech rolls:

Previously, for the Face Down Head Toward position, it read "no major vulnerabilities, but side exposed" however, neither they nor I could verify it, so now it just reads as "no major vulnerabilities".

For the Face Up Head Toward position, it just read as "no major vulnerabilities", but you can clearly attack the opponent's side with a meaty should the tech roll, so that now reads as "no major vulnerabilities, but side exposed".

Chanchai, Chill and Mister like this.
  9. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

Ahhh this answers a question I had about some of my tech roll traps.

Chanchai likes this.