1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

ONCE AND FOR ALL

Discussion in 'General' started by Banshee, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Banshee

Banshee Well-Known Member

Now you're talkin. Ragnafrak, I have tried to do this earlier, but it has not been picked up on.

Alright. One thing that I have been experimenting with were Akira's combos, specifically those that end with [2_][4][6][P]. While I know that they must be buffered, I am not sure exactly which way produces the best result. While buffering in [3][3] closes the combos better (more solidly and reliably), [1][1] seems to be (to me at least) easier to input and harder to screw up, making it more reliable. Which direction do you buffer in, and why does this work best for you?

There you have it. Let the discussion begin!

2. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

i've personally already read this topic lots of times on the site. i think the simplest way is [3][3] because that's the corner most people's wrist finds first. so, [2_][4][6][P] can be buffered into [3][3][4][6][P]

3. Banshee

Gotcha, extremeloner. One other thing that I have noticed, is that very rarely do people talk about comboing against a wall, especially in a corner. I haven't played enough in the walled arenas to really know, so how does this impact the game? Does the computer recognize one wall or the other? And can this benefit (or harm) your play in any way?

4. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

if the computer gets a hard hit on you against a wall, it'll know to follow with some bounce attacks or a heavy down attack. [keep in mind i think this is only true if the computer is higher ranked and you're playing on standard]
    if you get a [2_][4][6][P] wall hit on your opponent, well [i'm not an akira player really] then i think you should follow with either [4][6][6][P]+[K], [K]+[G], or heavy down attack, those are the ones i've seen.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    The mere concept of "wall" disturbs the computer greatly

[ QUOTE ]
    Banshee said:
    Does the computer recognize one wall or the other?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. It only recognizes the two you didn't mention.

6. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Re: Benefits of this Board

I am in full agreement with everything Myke and most detractors have said, but I'm a little surprised with the kind of reaction that Banshee's thread has received. After all, none of us are new to endless questions over the same subject topics...Akira knee questions have persisted for what, nearly a decade now? (Wow.) And, however misguided, the poster's intentions are at least not malicious.

While I think it's a good idea to send a clear, strong message, what would have happened--had no one jumped in--is that Banshee's thread would have died a quick death when it becomes apparent that those in the position of giving advice are usually the ones that think of these threads as annoying.

I'm only worried that beginners and shy posters would take this kind of rebuke as an example of why not to post or contribute.

7. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

You know what?

I think people are being kinda mean to Banshee (including I). It all comes down to the basic thought that if you see something you don't like - should you speak up / try to destroy it or should you let it be cause you don't want to thread on another persons dreams? Everybody wants more VF players (we're not that many) but at the same time it seems really important to hold the structure of the board and so on, the community as such (we enjoy talking BS as a group as much as VF knowledge) , that it's easy to put down someone as Banshee fast.

He is a highschool kid and while he has made a "grand" entry (and I myself can't understand why he doesn't listen as much as he basicly demands others to listen to him) to the community there also should, in fact, be a better welcoming than this. Honestly,... how many of these messages couldn't have been said in private to him? It's not easy getting into a homogenic group but often it's the newcomers who can break the groupthinking phenomena of the group itself (if they're allowed).

Here you go Banshee, think of it as an example of how you should have done this thread (imo) and/or an example and a retribution for me making fun of you earlier on. Hope it helps you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

<font color="yellow">Akira difficult move discussion: </font>

Evo Akira for Beginners

Akira Combo Discussion

Modifing Moves

Advanced Akira / Hiros Post.

Minamistepping / Stepping in general.

Akira on Pad 1.

Akira on pad 2 (modified doublepalm).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Now note 2 things;

1) I found all of this thru search. Search is your friend Banshee so learn to use it. It's actually active knowledge (contrary to your belief) to find the information you want on your own instead of having it spoon feed to you. Try to ask more specific questions in case you want help... otherwise people won't want to post (specially over and over again to every newcomer with your point of view on the thing) and know that if you ask a general question you WILL get a general answer. It's the way of life.

2) I don't think it would be easy for me as a totally new player to this site to find all of the information above even with the search. Banshee didn't even understand my mofidied palm joke with Brad. It's meta knowledge; knowing what you don't know / truelly understand and the ways to find it or just improve in general is as important as knowing where the search button is. This site is great, the best there is, but that doesn't mean everyone who can't find what they want are retards.

For example (please don't flame me, trying to be objective here); say I would want information on sabaki's...
    The best place to get that, by far, would be The sabaki/ inashi / reversal chart...
    How would I find it? Well, I would click on the word <font color="yellow">Virtua fighter 4</font> on the frontpage (I didn't even know it was clickable at first) and therefrom look up what seemed to be close. If I would do a search on "sabaki" I wouldn't get much.
    I would, of cource, get better information if I searched on "sabaki inashi reversal" but as a new player I would probably fail to understand what a inashi even is, and I wouldn't be searching for it in the first place.

So... I go into the forum, which says:
    "If you're new to Virtua Fighter and looking for advice on Characters or to learn how to perform various commands and techniques, then this board is for you."
    And ask for help on how to do say, that damn SpoD I've been trying to do! Note that it doesn't mention anything on using search prior... I'm happy as I go in and it's a friendly tone!
    What happens? I get a "learn to use the fucking search" thrown at me. What would be my impression of the people here or my general feeling after my first time to the site after that?

How to fix it? I don't know. Maybe a sticky thread on a forum or a guide to finding information you want in various subjects easily found from the front page? I don't think people are sincerly dumb, the fact that most posts happen in the correct forum is an indication of this being the case.
    There's no reason to flame someone for following the instructions that are actually on their screen as they enter the site in order to find information.

8. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Banshee said:

Let the discussion begin!

[/ QUOTE ]

A phone line.. 10$
    An ISP.. 30$
    A Computer.. 500$

The self realization you are a fucking moron.. Priceless~

9. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

lol..that was dope.. lol

10. Banshee

I have long since given up on this. None of you want to actually do anything productive, so I figure its time to just give up on you. Consider this my last post on the ONCE AND FOR ALL thread.

Oh, and by the way... you think I don't know that Tp_KiWe and Shang were poking fun at me? You think I'd post things regarding taking a mod position on here after some 30 posts. The sarcasm on that post and many others congratulating them for supporting me was thick enough to cut with a knife; I'm sorry you didn't catch it. I can think of only one reason why...take a guess at what it is.

Now, as I said, I'm officially signing off on this thread. Don't expect much outta me on the topic, it would be pointless.

11. Shang

Shang Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Banshee said:
    I'm officially signing off on this thread. Don't expect much outta me on the topic, it would be pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like the 10th time you are "signing off". Shut the fuck up already and quit the whining. Stop posting, go outside suck a monkey dick or something. Expect something out of you? LOL, you have proven time after time you know jack shit about the game. your posts are pointless as your presence on this board. Here is a wonderful PM to prove your pitiful intelligent:

--------------------------------------------

I like your style, Shang.

I will continue to fight inhospitality, stupidity, and tyrany whenever it breeds and wherever it sleeps. Just keep the faith, man.

If I happen to get kicked off for no good reason (Myke's the creator, and has that power!) be prepared to RAISE HELL to get me back. I will do the same for you.

Viva La Resistance!

YOU ARE A FUCKING RETARD!

12. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

No offence Banshee but please don't lie.
    I mailed you in private (but I don't believe in posting private mails unlike shang) before I started making fun of you (mostly cause of the arrogant tone you replied in) and for you to say:

[ QUOTE ]
    Oh, and by the way... you think I don't know that Tp_KiWe and Shang were poking fun at me? You think I'd post things regarding taking a mod position on here after some 30 posts.

[/ QUOTE ]
    and thinking people will believe you is just plain bad on a deeper note then lack of knowledge about the game. There's really no need for you to lie and it just makes you look even more bad furthermore as a person aswell which is even worse.

It's "baffling" that you don't think it's obvious that you were fooled (but I regret doing so) and so on and that you did have some messed up opinions that I hope you don't house anymore. That's the problem Banshee; you refuse to learn and everything is everybody elses fault.
    You said that if the thread dies it dies and I guess it did; don't blame other people for it - blame yourself for making and designing the thread the way you did (which you in turn have been critizised for by many).

The truth to be told Banshee is that you seem to long a certain thread where you yourself ask anything and everybody goes and answers you; looking up in a thread what your newest question is and then answering you constantly. You have yet to pop up on IRC (that actually is probably the live update you're looking for Banshee) either.

It's simply not gonna happen that you get the thread of mentorship for you as a specific person with no regards for using the search / methods of information handed to you is gonna happen Banshee and the sooner you find that out the better. The way you treat other people as a newcomer which isn't in a humble tone but quite opposite; a superior one, isn't gonna help you much either. Neither here or irl.

Peace out.

13. Nashi

Nashi Well-Known Member

Welcome to VFDC.

This was a just a small Preview of what you can find here.

Yes, for no price whatsoever, you can find all the stubborn, rude, childish, dumb, experienced, arrogant, selfish people all in one Forum!

Wait wait! Now..I know you're thinking: "AAAAWSOME" but that's not it!! The coolest part is that you may also come across (from time to time) a single Thread with all these neat posts inside! YES! It's fucking unbelieveable!

For those of you, anonymous, non-account, guys= It's useless to create an account in this forum unless you're a lawyer, or some sort of buddha. I also advise a lot of patience and comprehension, because these guys need YOUR help. Most of them were not born crippled, nor blind or somehow retarded. But they act the same exact way.

1st think, for a start-off. Most people in this forum are Americans. That's right all you european fellows. AMERICANS. Can you feel the "freedom" of this word? It also sounds like: "Mr.Stubborn-I-Know-Everything-And-You-Can-Suck-My-Dick-Cause-I'm-Just-Smarter-Than-You". I'm not xenophobic. I just know people. Pretty well it seems... I'm not generalizing...

Enough with the joking.

This Single Thread looked like one of those programs where in the end the image just stops, turns black and white, and some dude (me) in a colorful outfit, comes out from nowhere and starts explaining stuff.

I live in Portugal. In portugal we have forums.. and people to TALK TO in the forums. In fact, in Portugal we have REAL PEOPLE IN REAL FORUMS. Real people who know how to talk. Each post is written with logic and most of the times: humor.

The difference is: in the US, people hate to be wrong. Whether they lie to themselves by thinking and acting like honest kind people, whether they act like what they really are= selfish and stubborn. It's a reality. Americans= Blind-Folded.

Do YOURSELVES a favor, not me, because I'm not gaining SHIT by posting this: think about your attitude to people. Not just here, but everywhere. You ARE what you ARE. The only way to change that, is to get a grip on urself by believing in it, by taking off the fold and seeing with your own eyes what you're REALLY doing to people around you.

PS: I don't give a fuck about you, not even me.
    PS2: I'm indefined, so it's pretty useless to reply to this single post. Do NOT give a reason to my actions. Think of this as your own knowledge, as if you found it that for urselves, not me...Farewell.

Edit: If I didn't make my self clear: this is not about americans, it's about all the people in this forum.

14. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Sesshoumaru_Sama said:

1st think, for a start-off. Most people in this forum are Americans. That's right all you european fellows. AMERICANS. Can you feel the "freedom" of this word? It also sounds like: "Mr.Stubborn-I-Know-Everything-And-You-Can-Suck-My-Dick-Cause-I'm-Just-Smarter-Than-You". I'm not xenophobic. I just know people. Pretty well it seems... I'm not generalizing...

[/ QUOTE ]

Sama: I got your point, and I think it has some valid point in it. However I can't stop thinking that from what I've quoted, you are generalizing it too much. It has nothing to do with Americans or non Americans. You better not make an invalid issue out of it IMO. I am not very interested in getting involved in something like this, but the part that I quoted from your post gets on my nerve a lot.

-Maddy-

15. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

BLAH BLAH BLAH /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

16. SenoB

SenoB Well-Known Member

Lol. /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

17. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

I'm from Europe myself (Sweden to be exact) and I have more than a "problem" with the some of the things you just said; it's just pure anti american racism to be honest imo and I never was a fan of racism, no matter who it's directed towards.

But then again it's good Sess teaches others how to be humble...

How's the dismanteling of guns and knifes going in the ghetto Sess?

Anyways, all of this is off topic and so on so hf and remember to play nice kids is the bottom line.

18. PGhacker

PGhacker Well-Known Member

ok so since the this thread is called ONCE AND FOR ALL, according to yer statement, this thread is not ONCE AND FOR ALL, im signing off?

19. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

im new to this site and this has been an enlighting experience. Well Done!

20. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Once and for all
    Enough has been said
    I truely beleive that this one is dead
    Plate this thread in brass and crome
    In a flurry of kicks, she yells go back home /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Hey i just found my new sig /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif jk