1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

one complaint about vf.........

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by gaishou, Feb 22, 2002.

1. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

is how the order of characters you fight against the cpu is set. this sort of limits you to getting to know how certain characters fight. you either A. get to the later rounds, sometimes impossible or B. play against human opp. is this lame to you or am i being picky?

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

You're asking for a flame given VF1 and VF2 had set opponent orders.

-Jason

3. gaishou

flame away.............

4. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

While it's kind of annoying never to be able to fight a good CPU Lion or Lei, it gives you much more of a feeling of achievement when you get to Sarah/Akira. I hated the VF3 system myself /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

5. chucky

chucky Well-Known Member

Th only thing I really about playing the cpu is when lau and pai go, PPPK,PPPK,PPPK ARHHH!!!

6. Zero-chan

Zero-chan Well-Known Member

Well it would be nice if a "Random Mode" were available to those who wanted it. FV, FV2 and VFK at least gave you a choice as to the opponent order type you preferred.

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

I liked the randomness of VF3. It kept things fresh. In a tournament sense it's interesting to have an order but it soon wears thin when you never play a decent Lion.

In VF3tb the CPU showed you the best each character had to offer. Wouldn't you like to know what a stage 12 Lei-Fei looks like? Kumite mode sorts this out though, bar the exotic looks of the opponents but all the same it's random so this is a moot point really.

8. gaishou

In VF3tb the CPU showed you the best each character had to offer. Wouldn't you like to know what a stage 12 Lei-Fei looks like?

this is what i am talking about.

9. LAU Abuser

LAU Abuser Well-Known Member

It doesnt make any diff if lion or lei are placed at the last few rounds. You'll still find then easy. Look at Sarah and Akira. Aint they just useless when u start LP>throw? Never will they learn their lesson.

10. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Did arcade VF3tb CPU actually show you the best each character had to offer? I don't remember this...

Did it do particular TFT-->knee combos?

Use Akira's combos to ring the hell out of you really fast, or line you up against the wall properly for a death combo?

No offense intended whatsoever, I'm just curious if stuff and many other things so very powerful showed up in the arcade VF3tb AI.

As for VF3dc, well... Computer was nice at fuzzy blocking, to a certain extent and it was fun to work around that. But the DC AI certainly didn't have much to show for if you ask me, don't even recall it ever doing a vacuum combo of any sort with Lion when the opportunity was there.

-Chanchai

11. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

Sure, we're not talking Tetsujin level playing but for what the AI could produce you saw it in each character. Unless you play in Kumite you'll never see Lion's and Lei-Fei's AI at it's best in VF4. That was the point I was trying to express.

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Sure, we're not talking Tetsujin level playing but for what the AI could produce you saw it in each character. Unless you play in Kumite you'll never see Lion's and Lei-Fei's AI at it's best in VF4. That was the point I was trying to express.

Actually, that *is* something that is disappointing about VF4's Kumite mode. You'd expect that all the Emperor-class AI opponents would go for max damage combos, but nope... AM2 really should have hardwired a bunch of max damage combos into the higher level AI.

13. LAU Abuser

There's a reason to why Sega couldn't get the cpu to execute max damage combo. Try this out with cpu A.I.> shrm.P.m-shrm.BC the mentioned combo requires modified action and if u teach the cpu this, you'll see it doing shrm(hit), P(hit), crouch crouch (&%!@#),BC (miss).

This test do haf contradictions. CPU (Akira) catch throw>rev. BC> fff+P> m-dlpm. Some how the dlpm executes. And to add on, sometime i'm able to TR away from the dlpm by cpu. (Why? if anyone could explains)

14. gribbly

gribbly Well-Known Member

I don't know which character you play, but... b+P+K!

grib.

15. LAU Abuser

Reversals on PPP stuffs r very risky. If try to reverse Lau's PPPK, and lets take it unsuccessful, his PPP might MC u and guess wat, you eat the sweep.