1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

One Handed Arcade Stick Play

Discussion in 'Console' started by AOSO, Nov 22, 2004.

1. AOSO

AOSO New Member

I'm new, so don't bash me yet, heheh. Umm..I've been playing with an arcade stick for quite some time. I have noticed in the special videos you earn in VF4: Evo had them playing with just one hand. I've begun to practice this and found it difficult to switch from [6] attacks to [4] attacks. What might I be doing wrong, or is such to be expected? Oh, and umm..this is the stick I use, click here.

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I doubt if your going to get any real helpful advice. I don't think anyone has seriously tried to mimic the player's technique in those vids. I don't know what else to say but that it would probably easier to do them on a vs. city cabinet like the guy is using since the stick and buttons are closer together than an American stick setup.

I dabbled at it for a bit just for curiousity, /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif I have problems doing the combos featured there with both hands honestly. I can functionly play SF with one hand doing moves like fireballs and uppercuts though nowhere near my full potential. I know a few people out of pure boredom actually learned to play very well one handed in SF. Sometimes they show off and play each other in full matches at the arcade for a laugh. /versus/images/graemlins/cool.gif

If it really means that much to you, I say keep at it. /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. AOSO

AOSO New Member

I plan to keep practicing. Lately, I've gotten a bit quicker, but still not quite fast enough to really try it outside of training. I can do most of Pai's moves, but under pressure from AI or a player my success rate is still pretty low. May take me a year to get anywhere near my two hand skill(if I have any skill at all), but I plan to keep on trying.