1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Online VF Tournament for PSN

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by shadowmaster, Feb 7, 2013.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I take part in small tournaments with my buddies on XBL and I want to do the same for PSN VFers. It would a unique type of room battle and it would be different from the drag of just playing Ranked all the time. Unlike XBL where ranked is dead it is pretty good on PSN and not enough special online events happen there so I figured I would step up and do something nice for fun. Here are the basic rules

.Double Elimination with the winner having to take the best 2 of the 3 matches except for the final match

.The final match will be a best 3 out of 5 match

.I know lag will be an issue its PSN but I would like to minimize it as much as possible. I would like that most people that play do so from America making sure their connection is as good as possible before hand

.Character switches will only be available for those that lose matches. Winners must keep their original characters regardless.

.It is all for fun there is no prize it is all about having fun and enjoying ourselves and getting to know each other more.

I am willing to try this out for 1 time next Thursday and I will allow the first 8 people to take part in it. However, if I get alot of people I might consider having 2 rooms going and the winner of the 2 room tournaments will fight each other in a FT5. This is only if I get alot of people to fill a second room and I will need some other person to run this other room if this happens. I would like it if someone could record or stream the event but if not it is okay since is all for fun anyway. I have the program on my PC to run the brackets and randomize the names too.

Hopefully this turns out okay and the initial time set for it is 8:00 PM but I still have at least a week to change it but for now 8:00 PM. Lets see how many people will show up for it and I will start the room at 7:30 so I can start the tournament at exactly 8 PM. The first 8 people that confirm they can show up will get spots people that come late might get a spot if people don't show or dip out at the last minute. Confirm your spot early of you want to take part in it. If it turns out okay I will do more of them at about the same time every week

2. Aoi_Pai

Aoi_Pai Well-Known Member

PSN:
    xBad_Girl_69x
    I'm in but can u make it a weekend im to busy on work days?

3. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    if it were on Friday or Saturday, i'd be all for it.

4. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

I would like to participate.

5. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    If I could get more people friday I would do it on a friday instead if people are interested. I am picking certain days because I am off on those nights so the only weekend day I can do it is Friday unfortunately. I work on Saturday and Sunday nights

6. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    I'm definatly interested I've been wanting to play more people in a 2/3 enviorment for a while. Just let me know when you guys finalize a date.

7. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

Count me in as well.

8. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

Yea sign me up then for fun and dont say i cant be in it for some no good reason just dont be like that, so if u want players for ur tournament then I am one of the first eight as I can see from this thread and any day is cool mostly so let me know when and my psn ID is BlackBeltSpartan.

9. mhnd87

mhnd87 Member

PSN:
    mhnd87
    I want in, I can do Thursday or Friday at 8
    Thanks for setting this up

10. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Only for american? i m so sad =(

11. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    It is for obvious reasons man you know what I mean PSN lag is bad enough as is I don't want it be too big of a factor. I can't hate on you though I might try inviting some euros with good connections next time to see if the connection is playable for future tournies. Your connection was always good for me though but this can't be said for everyone though.

12. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Sure, why not, sounds like fun. I'll throw my name in the ring.

13. SNAKE BOSS

So am I in? Let me know on here and on psn before hand.

14. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Anyway I have been thinking about it hard and decided to have it on Friday instead of Thursday at the same time. Here are the I have confirmed so far based on what you people say so far so let me know if I am wrong here. Domaug, Toydingo, BBS, Iamtheone83, Exzety, mhnd87, derockreaper, and myself too so that should cover 1 room good. I will be looking for each of you at about 7:20 PM EST to start it so I am confirm everyone can show up before 8 PM. If people come early enough we can have some pretourny casuals too to get warmed up and get a feel for how each other plays but it would really help if you people had mics to make conversations regarding who is playing considerably easier for everyone. There is still time before the event to get one if you can but if you can't we will make due somehow. I hope to see all of you on Friday.

15. ExzetyXat1

ExzetyXat1 Well-Known Member

Friday works for me.

16. SNAKE BOSS

Cool I am in and Friday sounds good it will be kind of tough right after work but I will manage and I can get another person in the room if needed.

17. SNAKE BOSS

send me an invite an psn

18. daRockReaper

daRockReaper Shadow Hammer MADNESS Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    daRockReaper
    XBL:
    daRockReaper612
    Don't have a mic but We can talk via shoutbox too

19. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    this might not be an issue since there are quite a bit of people in it, but i'll only be online until about 8:15 due to stuff that just came up, so i'm gonna duck out of this one. :(

i could still do casuals before 8 if enough people are around early enough, but i won't make it for the tourney. sorry :(

20. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Hey guys, I'm stuck at work, so count me out.

You kids have fun.