1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Online VF Tournament for PSN

Discussion in 'PlayStation Network' started by shadowmaster, Feb 7, 2013.

1. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am now looking for the players be ready

2. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    All things being what they were things turned out okay but I am not sure if I want to do another but I am not saying I won't either. It will be dependent on the turnout next time around leading up to it to determine if I do another I have a week left before I consider that so there is still time. GGS to all and I hope things turn out better next time.

3. SNAKE BOSS

SNAKE BOSS Well-Known Member

i know it got very laggy but I just want to say i had nothing to do with it, I could not play with that much lag so maybe next time.

Libertine likes this.
  4. steelbaz

steelbaz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Raze--
    XBL:
    spliffy baz
    :rolleyes:

DomAug likes this.
  5. Iamtheone1983

Iamtheone1983 Active Member

Damn, I missed it. Sorry I was out of town and did not have my ps3. Next time for sure.

6. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I am not holding another tourny this week because I am going to Winterbrawl and I want to get prepared for it ahead of time but next friday or thursday depending on what the other players want. I will hold another and in order to promote more attendance I will break the rule about American players only if I know their connections are playable (This is the big stipulation here). I know a few euros that have good connections regardless of what the bars show and I might let them in but it will be dependent how good the connection when we play prior to the tourny. If I get better attendance here then I will do them every week if I don't then I will assume that PSN gamers don't want it and move on from there do to what I usually do online.

It is all up to you guys and your input is key here big time. I don't want to waste my time here doing you people a favor trying break the cycle of only playing ranked on PSN all the time. I know alot of you are bored of just playing laggy ranked matches all the time with no chance to play in rooms this would be a good start to break that habit for many of you so if you are interested tell me what day is better thursday or friday those are the only days I can host host them I work on the weekends sorry.

If real interests peaks then I can have a second host for me and we can switch up every week so 1 person won't get bored of hosting them all the time. If I happen to get a big turnout and I need to open a second room that other person would host this other room and the winner of the 2 rooms would fight in a FT5 match. If you might want to be this other person PM me ahead of time and we will talk from there. Have fun online as always and see you online if I happened to be screwing around in ranked etc.

7. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    im guessing im too late. or is this weekly?

8. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I would like to make this a weekly event if I saw more consistent interest in it. If you know people that might want to get involved to fill a room make it happen. I didn't do it last week because I went to Winterbrawl in Philly. I think the people on PSN deserve something like this but if they don't come to me showing interest I won't push it too hard. Are you interested in it?

9. Wiztick

Wiztick Well-Known Member

PSN:
    WizTick
    of course i am sign me up. ill look for anyone intrested and send them your way.

10. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

ToyDingo, Wiztick and DomAug like this.
  11. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    I wanna participate =(

12. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    if you are doing one Friday i will try to make it. i am going home for spring break that day.

13. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    Here is list I have so far for players I if I am wrong let me know.

Myself, Domaug, Maki, and Wiztik

There are few other people that claim to be interested but I have to ask them if they really want in on it. If I can get at least 6 people including myself it will be okay. I might try it with 5 people I would prefer 6 to 8 personally. Hopefully things turnout better than the last tourny and it wasn't that bad either I just hope that this tourny turns out okay. It will be friday as well so you have time to get ready for it ahead of time

14. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    i'm not guaranteed but i'll try

15. ToyDingo

ToyDingo Well-Known Member

PSN:
    BrodiMAN
    Again, I'll throw my hat in the ring. Here's hoping my boss isn't a turd-nugget and keeps me working late on friday again...

16. Genzen

Genzen Well-Known Member

If I happen to be online at the time, I can join in, but I wouldn't expect it - my wife sleeps an ungodly amount of hours each day.

17. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    If it happens it happens its okay don't force it alright buddy

18. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Shadow let me know if i can participate to this tournament, and when it begins pleassse

19. shadowmaster

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I mentioned your name on the people I have confirmed so far is that enough for you.

20. MakiLeSushi

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Yes it is bro =) when is it?