1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Open Challenge

Discussion in 'The Vault' started by adamYUKI, Mar 10, 2001.

1. adamYUKI

adamYUKI Well-Known Member

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    I am offering one open challenge to anyone willing to come play. VF3 is nearing its end and I would like to play as many remaining players as there are. For those that havent played us yet, Myke, Ryan Heart, Jan etc. I would like to make an offer here. I'd like to bring you guys over here to meet/play and have a good time, so here's my challenge.

We will offer to cover your expenses, airfare, lodging everything as a prize if you can win 51% of the matches you play against us.

Were offering a simple challenge, all you have to do is win 1% more and we will cover everything. I always heard that you guys are good heres a chance to prove it!

Of course if you guys can somehow make it down to play (if you guys are ever in the area) we will accomodate you for some fun playing!

We've always believed that good competition breeds good players, I think VF3tb has reached its highest level of evolution till VF4 comes out. As players weve taken our skill level to the max, and I'd like to think NY has had the best set of VF'ers for the Western Hemisphere in the VF3 era.

I think everyone judges how good a person is in the game differently. In NY we judge one player as better than another by the number of wins that you have its the easiest determining factor.

CrewNYC

<font color=red>ORA! ORA! ORA!</font color=red>

<font color=white>adam</font color=white><font color=red>YUKI</font color=red>

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Uhhh...is this a joke?

Are you stupid or insane? Both, perhaps?

3. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

Oohhhh..don't make me drive down there and beat your asses {and Piccalo that includes you! hehehe}
    -SD

"Victory can be anticipated, but not assured" Sun-Tzu

4. Guest

Guest Guest

How about 10%...LOL /nt

nt

5. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Why? Think its possible to do?

CrewNYC

6. sta783

sta783 Well-Known Member

Against you, Andy, YES.

7. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Ohh thats a 3G bet you can take.....I want to play the remaining players. Do I have to remind you shota that after you played Hiro and Adam extensively what happened? The players you havent played much are Nelson, Myself, and Sal. I never had the luxury of playing with you that one night when Adam went to chicago two years ago and I came up later. Right now I can do a 1 to 4/5 wins per person around the US that I've played so far, Adam can do 1 in 10-15 if he wants and hiro is probably around 1 in 8 or 9. Meaning 1 loss per win cycle. So if you think against all of us here and specifically me, I will more than honor my challenge!

You have to remember since NYG1 I got maybe 100%-150% better by playing Jacky, my win abaility went up tremendously as evident by the win streaks. Since NYG2 again i've gotten much better, accuracy control, etc. are developed by playing. Since NYG2 Hiro has regained nearly 100% of his playing ability, And Adam has become ferocious playing Jeffery as ice-9 and emil can attest to.

Theres no doubt in my mind that if players like you, emil, ice, and rich, whom I consider the best players around the US were playing conistsently that you all would be a difficult force to beat, but I have to play with these guys and try to win. Beating Hiro's Lau, Wolf, Kage. Adam's Akira, Jeffery. Taka is no easy task. On last note, my pai sure as heck isnt the pai you saw at NYG1.

CrewNYC

8. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, What an offer! I couldn't believe it when I saw but how can anybody refuse such an offer. The thing is, I'd like to know what kind of Joysticks the arcade machines have. Here in the UK our machines were original sega machines with Joysticks and buttons very similar to the official arcade sticks available for the DC. Is that what they use on the arcade machines in US? Or is your challenge on the DC?

More info would be nice, but I have spoken to Ryan briefly and seems quite keen on the idea. I'll have another chat with him.

9. ThePrince

ThePrince Well-Known Member

Hi Adam, What an offer! I couldn't believe it when I saw it, but how can anybody refuse such an offer. The thing is, I'd like to know what kind of Joysticks the arcade machines have. Here in the UK our machines were original sega machines with Joysticks and buttons very similar to the official arcade sticks available for the DC. Is that what they use on the arcade machines in US? Or is your challenge on the DC?

More info would be nice, but I have spoken to Ryan briefly and seems quite keen on the idea. I'll have another chat with him.

10. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

btw, andy wrote this , not adam.

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

11. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Ummm...you see, it won't be on an arcade machine. It'll be on the DC. So, if you want to have absolutely no problem/complaints, etc - bring your own stick. Just my $0.02.

cheers,

<font color=white> Llanfair the prized <font color=green>cabbage</font color=green></font color=white>

12. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hahaha
    I was abt to say the same thing.
    Some ppl get confused when and post under adam's login name.

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

13. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Andy, interesting offer. Does it apply to those that you have played, such as me? My new Aoi needs some battle testing...

ice-9

14. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

to josh:

*puts a robotic voice and says* UNINTENTIONAL.

lol

^_^

<font color=red>PICCOLO</font color=red>

[​IMG]
    fuck spelling!

15. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    Jeff you're an honorary NY'er! you can challenege us anytime!!! ahhaah

CrewNYC

16. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

What about the "prize" to cover expenses? Heheheheh....

ice-9

17. adamYUKI

PSN:
    adamYUKI
    XBL:
    adamYUKI
    okay trade your car for it....HEHEHE :)

CrewNYC

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Here is my own "open challenge" to Andy -

1) To register a username on this board, so we know that it is him when he makes his posts.

2) To stop sucking the cocks of the New York City VF'ers, as well as his own (as in: the constant, painful, nonsensical, absurd and largely unverified arrogant ravings regarding their skill seen on this board).

If both are met then.....well, let's see if Andy can even do #1 before I start wagering anything.

19. Guest

Guest Guest

How rude!!!

NT

20. Guest

Guest Guest

Re: How Rude!!!

NT