1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinion about the exclusivity of VFUS for ps4

Discussion in 'General' started by SeBassRockstar, May 28, 2021.

1. SeBassRockstar

SeBassRockstar New Member

Do you think VF5US it will ever come to xbox or pc?
    upload_2021-5-28_17-44-32.jpeg

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  2. beanboy

beanboy Well-Known Member

I've heard from a few people on this forum, that it might be a timed exclusive on Playstation. So there is a possibility, it might appear on PC, Mac, Xbox One and possibly Switch too.

3. Sonic The Fighters

Sonic The Fighters Well-Known Member

I hope it's timed exclusive, and i hope the game will have a next gen patch for PS5, Series, and PC.

beanboy and SeBassRockstar like this.
  4. beanboy

Sonic The Fighters likes this.
  5. beanboy

I really like the idea of a PC version too.

SeBassRockstar likes this.
  6. beanboy

It would be hilarious if businesswise, sony decides to pay sega some extra cash, to keep VF5 US exclusive on PS for a bit longer, so Sony can sell more PS consoles.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2021
    SDS_Overfiend1 likes this.
  7. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

I don't think a game that has an average of 15 viewers on twitch (and that's when a popular streamer is live) is gonna be shifting any consoles.

Pai~Chun likes this.
  8. beanboy

Hmmmm. Interesting.
    But when Max played it a few times, there were like over 200 plus viewers.

9. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

If you are talking about Maximilian Dood, that's a regular view count for him. He's just an exception, people will watch him do literally anything, even picking his nose on stream because he makes everything hype.

SDS_Overfiend1 and beanboy like this.
  10. beanboy

Yeah, true. And that is what a hype man is for.:oops:

11. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

Nah… Sony funded this game to complete the lock on EVO and other fighting game tourneys by having the whole line up exclusive to their systems. Other than Killer instinct they had a clean Sweep. They probably though this was gonna breath life into VF so they can call it their own also.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2021
    SeBassRockstar and beanboy like this.
  12. Mister

Mister Well-Known Member Content Manager Wolf Content Manager Sarah Content Manager Aoi

But the game never made it to EVO...

13. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

That’s why they didn’t go all in. They was just putting a line out to see if they can get a bite. The cancellation of evo was the dagger

beanboy likes this.
  14. beanboy

Good point. Especially the cancellation of evo part.

15. JGoat

JGoat New Member

I think in the latest interview with the game producer on its state they mentioned that they would need to consider cross play if they were to release the game for more platforms. If they were able to get cross play working on PC, Xbox, PS, etc that would be incredible. I would repurchase the game on PC just for that. If they cannot get cross play going then a PC release is something I would like to see happen, but not necessarily something I would buy on launch since I expect the PC player base online may be a bit sparse.

16. OvertPan

OvertPan Member

With the Steam Deck around the corner and the closing of Sega arcades, I think VF should be on PC at least.

17. def

def Well-Known Member

18. beanboy

19. def

def Well-Known Member

Yeah same here, I just hope if it does come to Switch, it plays better than Mortal Kombat 11. I felt in my opinion MK11 didn't play all that great on Switch. It was decent but not amazing.

20. nou

nou Well-Known Member

I'm curious to see what a Dragon Engine game looks like on the Switch. I'd probably grab it just to have.