1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Opinions wanted: Dedicated 3/4 button VF stick?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by oneida, Nov 30, 2012.

1. oneida

oneida Long Arm of the Lau Silver Supporter

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    I'm considering modding a dedicated, 4 button stick for SHMUPs and VF5. Do you use a 3 or 4 button stick for VF, and do you recommend it?

I have a 6 button stick but would be looking to buy a cheap stick (Madcatz Brawl stick) for this.

2. Chibiaya

Chibiaya Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Bus Orez
    eh, 3 button stick could work if you are not gonna play any other game. Otherwise, its probably best to just play with what you already have.

3. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Having 4 buttons only really cuts out SF, Marvel and Tekken (because of intended layout) for me, and leaves open SNK, anime and shmup stuff. But if playing on a 3 or 4 button stick doesn't really feel all that better, I'll save the cash.

4. R_Panda

R_Panda Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Likely_A_Panda
    XBL:
    R Panda
    I like at least seven buttons myself. Left four for KoF13/2002um, standard five for GG and one to the right of HS for taunt. Might as well have eight buttons at this point, I use my hitbox for emulators and other pc games so I appreciate all my options.

Having one stick with three buttons for artistic reasons sounds great though.

5. Andramelech

Andramelech Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Andramelech
    I almost did that. I was going to just have three buttons period, but decided against it. The Right and Left triggers don't work on a lot of stuff, so ditch those first.

6. Kikimaru

Kikimaru Well-Known Member

PSN:
    kikimaru024
    I have a 3 button stick purely for VF, it's the bomb.

BUT
    3-button Vewlix (TE standard) is not as nice somehow.

7. Pai~Chun

Pai~Chun Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    There used to be some great pics on here of custom 3 or 4 button VF sticks. Dunno if they are still about on any of the old threads? I may have saved a few back then; will have to dig around on some drives.

8. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

I say go 3 button. Have a dedicated VF stick. No useless buttons to get in the way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IcKY99, R_Panda and PaiChun like this.
  9. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK
    the big one.jpg

Catch22 and R_Panda like this.
  10. Catch22

Catch22 Well-Known Member

My god that is beautiful. A very contemporary look. Simple; clean; slab. Looks like the owner just used a piece of hanging shelf. This is giving me ideas... which is a good and bad thing.

Man, I must say again, maybe the best looking stick... period.

11. N10248

N10248 Member

Ha, that's mine...

Video on my Youtobe Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/N10248

It is a cheap floating shelf (80 x 24 x 4.5cm) with holes cut out, messy inside, neat outside.
    Since that pic i'v changed it to a single player 3 button panel and used the orange strip from the front of a real cabinet for the instruction sheet area as it matches quite well and is the right width.

Genuine Lindbergh panel with all Sanwa parts and PS360 PCB...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loads more pics of it and my other sticks and related stuff here...
    http://n10248.info/virtuastick/

cruzlink2 likes this.
  12. oneida

PSN:
    oneida_vf
    XBL:
    oneida1
    Man I'm swooning over all this stuff. Thanks for the input. I admit I am still on the fence, but if I can find a cheap control panel I don't think I'll be able to keep myself from starting a project like this.

13. Pai~Chun

XBL:
    Lishao Tao GPK