1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Options for defender after Kage's f+g+p?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by 3of19, Mar 9, 2002.

1. 3of19

3of19 Well-Known Member

Are most of the followups after the Jungyakujinzai guaranteed? I was unable to avoid getting hit with the dragonpunch-canned kick combo afterwards. Is this just because I suck so much or is it really guaranteed?
    I know Aoi's backturned midpunch reversal "d/f"+p+k can reverse the dragonpunch under normal circumstances; does it work after the f+g+p as well?

2. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Are most of the followups after the Jungyakujinzai guaranteed? I was unable to avoid getting hit with the dragonpunch-canned kick combo afterwards. Is this just because I suck so much or is it really guaranteed?

DPK and elbow are guaranteed for Kage after SE in ver.C. In ver.B, only DPK is guaranteed. If you are a heavy character, crouching after the SE will make Kage miss the K in DPK. (But then Kage can do elbow for back stagger combo)

I know Aoi's backturned midpunch reversal "d/f"+p+k can reverse the dragonpunch under normal circumstances; does it work after the f+g+p as well?

Yes.

3. Yupa

Yupa Well-Known Member

What happens if Akira does a knee away from Kage? Probably bad things... for Akira /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif

What about a buffered in kickflip so that it is done in the wrong direction? Didn't Jacky used to be able to get out of this with that trick? Can't remember for sure... and I don't have regular access to the game... 11 days and counting...

4. uk-guy

uk-guy Well-Known Member

AFAIK the following are guaranteed after f+P+G

DPK
    [K can be avoided by Akira, Jeff, if they crouch. K can be avoided by MW characters if you delay your DPK by too many frames]

FC,f+K
    [Best damage if you think people are gonna crouch. FC,f+K, d+P, d+P, d+P+K,K guaranteed on Lion if he does noting after f+P+G for some reason...]

f+P
    [Staggers crouchers, opponent can struggle and block all follow-ups, but it is much more difficult to struggle and block f+K+G - DP]

d+K+G
    [Extra distance for ring out or possible wall hit