1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Orbs

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by addeps2, May 10, 2005.

1. addeps2

addeps2 New Member

Hello! I am bit confused about this orb stuff.

I am a beginning VF-player (5th dan) and Ive bought the White Orb but how do you check how many you have and when an orb match is on?

(I tried using Search option but "No result")

2. Elite

Elite Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Koenraku
    Your orbs are displayed at the top of the screen above your life bar during fights (the white orb should be there if it's the only one you have). For an "orb fight" to take place your opponent has to have an orb that you don't and you have to have one that he doesn't.

So if you come up against someone who only has the purple orb then it'll be an orb fight because he needs your white orb and you need his purple one. But if you come across someone who has the purple orb AND the white orb then it won't be an orb fight because he doesn't need your white orb. Also if you lose your white orb before you win another one (so you don't have any orbs) then you'll need to buy it again from the shop before you can win any more orbs.

Edit: Oh, and if you need more than one of your opponent's orbs then it automatically takes the one nearest the clock (the "least rare")

3. addeps2

addeps2 New Member

Ok, thanks alot!

4. gracjanski

gracjanski Member

and why do i need an orb?

5. Ryadus

Ryadus Well-Known Member

Was that a joke or a sober question?
    You need all the orbs to get yourself new items. Check out Items FAQ!

6. RaH

RaH Member

Anyone know if the black orb only loads on certain opponents in quest mode? I completed my first set by defeating the Chibita AI char who had the only black that I have seen, I have since gotten all of the orbs again but cannot find the black one, anyone remember who they got their second one from or is it just random?

7. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    I believe Chibita and Hereru(Lei) are the only characters you can obtain a black orb from. Try looking for them in Sega North arcade, the second to last one.

8. RaH

RaH Member

Ok thanks, I have been looking in the last arcade, I will go look in the North arcade, I could just look in the player list now that I know who I am looking for /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

9. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Just go to wmac2 over and over again (you don't have to play over and over, just check) until one of those guys ends up in your bracket. Beat 'em. This doesn't take that long.

edit: Just now I posted and realized I posted this some time ago. Search is still a good function.

10. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

also if you have every other colour you can win it from a hero can't you?

11. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    You can't get orbs from Hero class opponents. They have them all.

12. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

right right right.

13. RaH

RaH Member

lol, yeah I used search, thats how I found this post from 2005

14. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

when people say search, they don't say search and bump, why isn't this understood? /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif