1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Order and Stages

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Vicks Biru, Jul 7, 2001.

1. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

The latest Segaweb review for VF4 reveals that:

An ordered system is back for VF.
    Q1. Do we have to fight against everyone?
    Q2. Or is there a set number (eg. 10 opponents), and what order is it set in?
    Stages have been set.
    From the review:
    Akira has the Italian marina (Just can't believe it. Should have gone to a Westerner.)
    Pai has the underwater aquarium (Can't believe it too. Should have gone to Shun)
    Lion has the colosseum (suits him with his evil image)
    Aoi has the a-la-Emperor's Garden of Soul Calibur fame (Xianghua's stage)
    Jacky has the rooftop in the night.

What about the rest? Pls tell me!

I guess that...

Lau will get the mountain temple (breakable tiles)
    Wolf gets the wrestling ring duh.
    Jeffry gets the beach ring duh.
    Kage... dunno...
    Sarah gets the castle.
    Shun... I don't know.
    Taka.... eeps.
    Lei-Fei... the autumn temple with all the leaves.
    Vanessa...?

And what about VF4's music? Is it as good as VF2? Sound effects are supposedly same as previous versions, and I hear that VF3 voices are back. Yucks.

<font color=orange>Imagine losing to this bozo...</font color=orange>

2. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Vicks
    how much is the PS2(US) selling in sg now ah?

best price I got was at Sim Lim for 600plus~

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

3. Vicks Biru

Vicks Biru Well-Known Member

It does cost around that price now lah.
    All the PS2s that I've seen in places so far (and very little indeed) cost around $600 and more. And now will somebody answer my question!!!?

<font color=orange>Imagine losing to this bozo...</font color=orange>

4. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

oh no, don't tell me people like to finish sentences with "lah" in Singapore also?/versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Hear that all over the place in Thailand already :p

-Chanchai

5. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

aiya
    is like that one mah~

HOHOHO

<font color=red>~~~ 'enemy not SPODED, enemy not DOWN/versus/images/icons/mad.gif~~~'

6. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

aT lEAsT PeoPLe dON't pOsT LIkE tHEy HAvE caPS oN rAndOM tHEre, oR DO TheY?

-cHAnchaI (hoping it's only some weirdo asian american pride/Asian Avenue thing--let's not get started on the "poetry" either)

7. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

Ai YA...Is LiKE ThAt OnE Mah~

HaHoHe

8. Guest

Guest Guest

This is like, my first post so...uhhh..hi.

I haven't played it or anything but I've seen a few of the SegaWeb videos....which show that-

Lau gets the Snowy Castle stage, and is the first person you fight. At first I was kinda annoyed at this. I thought it should have gone to Lion- it looks very European to me, perhaps the french alps or something. The music however totally changed my mind- it is EXCELLENT imo. On this particular stage, it is an orchestral, feintly oriental piece of music, that has a very 'epic' feel to it. I absolutely love it. Very atmospheric and it suits Lau and the stage very well.

Lei Fei has the the mountain temple. I think it's perfect for him. Again, the music is excellent. Guitar at the start, then more oriental and upbeat sounding.

Kage has the Autumn Forest level. I'm not quite sure if it suits him in his new outfit. I was hoping Akira would have this stage. The music though, suits Kage perfectly. Sinister sounding guitars and slightly electronic. Very cool.

From the three songs I heard, I think the music is amazing and far surpasses anything from the three previous games. I just hope the other stages keep the same standard. Can't wait to hear the music for Jacky's new stage.

That's all I know...hopefully someone who's played it will help out? ....I agree that Akira in Venice is ridiculous. I mean...bare feet! Duh!

Oh yeah, and does anyone know what SegaWeb are on about when they said Aoi and Kage have past relations or something??

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

akira - monaco (that stage resembles monaco, an island principality south of france, more than anything else - put a cage ring in these pics and you've got akira's stage:
    http://www.monaco.mc/monaco/gallery/monu10.jpg and
    http://www.monaco.mc/monaco/gallery/Portrocknight.jpg )
    kage - leaf & bear stage
    aoi - wooden floor & pink tree stage
    jeffry - island
    wolf - sega cage ring
    lau - castle stage
    pai - aquarium
    lei - mountain temple
    jacky - city with choppers (the background music is the same as the one used in the vf4 promo video)
    apparently lion and sarah are sharing the greek coloseum stage for now. i don't know shun's ring or if he is sharing another ring or not.

10. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

Dropped by, machine was empty so I just played and finished it.

Didn't write down the order of the matches (might change anyway) but goddamn wolf's stage is AWESOME. I don't really care about stages or music or crap like that, but when I was on Wolf's.. goddamn. You gotta see it. Crowd cheers at times (like after giant swing.) Awesome.

other thing.. you're able to escape giant swing both at the beginning and at the end. Now GS does damage throughout the swing (like a chunk with the first swing, chunk of damage 2nd, 3rd, then a little bit when you hit the ground.) If you escape GS at the way end, right when you hit the ground, you can avoid that last piece of damage. Haven't figured out how to do it - it was the computer who was escaping my GS.

I mentioned taking a step before throwing - Wolf when he does his normal pg throw from long range, takes a huge step forward (like vf3 b,f pg with Wolf) then does his pg throw. Giant swing causes wolf to take a big step forward, though not quite as big as pg, so range on GS is insane. I also believe Jacky and Sarah's ff pg throws also go forward a bit, more than just the normal pg.

Gnarly thing with Pai - did a f,b pg throw, near the wall, did massive 60% damage (like 60 points for the throw, then 60 points for opponent hitting the wall).

There is no more crouch walking forward and backwards. You now just crouch without moving. From neutral if you hit D/F, you crouch. Doing d/f dodges like tapping (? gotta check but i think this is right). Only way to move forward and back is by crouch dashing, which when donne from the crouching position only requires one tap d/f or d/b. Going from walking forward or backwards, and then going down or up initiates 8 way walk.

there definately is a difference between tapping u and holding U. when you tap u, like i said, it's like vf3 e. holding U you do take a step then start 8 way walk, but that step is smaller than the one than if you tap u. I don't know if it is less or more effective to tap or hold, but the animation is different.

Awesome fun combo - Sarah, knee, modified d_b kk, pounce. Reminds me of fighter's megamix.

TFT knee combos don't work. 1) your opponent, when hit by a knee after TFT, floats head down away. you can do TFT knee p, but nothing else will hit. (i.e, knee pk, or ppk, pppk all miss). I can be wrong and someone might have better timing than I do, but so far i haven't seen anything more than tft knee p.

Even if you hold the stick to run, d kg, running slide with kage does not hit anymore, even with MC.

Rich, there is no difference between d k from crouch or from standing. It's all vf2 style.

What do i remember about the order... lau, lei fei, someone someone someone ends with akira. you play against all 12, no dural so far. heh sorry, just don't remember.

what else is there

ohhh
    You remember me mentioning aoi's pounce is only her vf3 light pounce? If you hit u kg she does her high pounce. Also with pai (and i think kage) u kg does her old jumping down swan kick, which hits as a pounce. Unfortunately this doesn't hold true for lion as well.

ok i'll post more if i remember...

11. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

> Rich, there is no difference between d k from crouch or from standing. It's all vf2 style.

but i've seen kage do both. the FC/FS thing was just a theory. maybe there is another command.

the movement system sound like shit. even you, having played it for a bit now, can't even seem to quite figure it out.

12. Jason Cha

Hmm, there may be another way to do it - I played kage specifically to try the low kick stuff. also tried it with akira. oh to chanchai, you can do d+k, g cancel, double palm, but it's pretty slow. faster to just CD.

As for movement, I don't think it's bad. It's just so confusing at first because of the use of the joystick, and differences such as tapping and holding and double tapping all were totally confusing the first few days. I think it's easily controlable and usable - sounds worse than it actually is. I think you'll be overall okay with it, though I expect you to gripe when you try it (as you do about everything =)).

Oh and Shun shares a stage, one of the asian ones.

-jason

13. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

As I recall off a TFT,knee I was able to get PPP but whiffed the K. But you're right the new falling animation makes the extra hits difficult, if not impossible.

14. Jason Cha

Hmm, this and the fact I got even one p to hit makes me think that i just didn't get the timing down enough. i'll practice some more, as i'd be rather surprised of tft knee combos were taken out..

-jason

15. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Are there any pics of these stages? I can't seem to remember seeing a Venice stage from the movies, and I don't know if I know what the Kage stage is supposed to look like either.