1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Orlando, FL Tourney on Sun, Mar 17 @ 5pm EST

Discussion in 'Tournaments and Events' started by feixaq, Mar 15, 2002.

1. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Just a reminder that we will be having a free, round-robin tournament at Rocky's Replay in Orlando, FL this Sunday (March 17) at 5pm EST. Please be present at least 15 minutes in advance so we can start on time.

Tournament format:
    - League style (everybody plays everybody else)
    - Each matchup is a set consisting of three games (to reduce the likelihood of a "lucky" outcome)
    - Each set will be played in full (i.e. even if you're up 2-0, play match #3 to determine 3-0 or 2-1)
    - Losing player can select same or different character in matches #2 and #3 of the set
    - All players can select same or different characters in different sets (not restricted to one character)

Ranking is determined by:
    (A) Total sets won, then
    (B) If total sets won are equal, total matches won, then
    (C) If matches won are equal, head-to-head performance

Other logistics:
    - Matches will be played on the "good" machine (the one with better joysticks, slanted buttons, and stage select)
    - Flip a coin to determine side pick (1P/2P) for each set
    - All players *must* select a 12x12 breakable low wall stage (i.e. Akira's Dojo, Lei Fei's Temple, or Sarah's Coloseum only)

Signups thus far:
    - Blonde_one
    - Enkindu
    - FeixaQ
    - Gaishou
    - GhostDog
    - Iron Monkey Fist
    - Stompoutloud
    - Stoopid
    - The Dude

Look forward to meeting up with you all! /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

2. gaishou

gaishou Well-Known Member

i'm looking forward to losing to you all......../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

3. UnCauzi

UnCauzi Well-Known Member

Well, though I won't be at the tournament gaishou, you can lose to me any time!

4. gaishou

heh, anytime. i think i'm going to pick up cvs2 again. since last playing, i'm being drawn back to it. need.....to........play.

5. UnCauzi

Let me know when you're going to play, I need to practice with someone who's not going to kick my ass consistently *coughEnkindusneeze*

6. gaishou

heh. probably sat. definitely sun. going to tampa 2nite. should be home tomorrow. will pm u.

7. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Hey guys /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

Sorry imma miss the tounrey!!!

Sup Iron Monkey and Blonde, finally got my ticket, be thereon the 19th =)

8. UnCauzi

Nice hey gaishou, we're going to be having a shits and giggles, MP (multi platform tournament) starting next week. There's only a 3 dollar entry fee. The tournament will span 4 fighters in the arcade, which will be picked randomly before each tournament. A roll of a six sided dice to be exact. If it lands on a six the roller gets to decide the game.

On the docket:
    1. Virtua Fighter 4
    2. Tekken 4
    3. CvS2
    4. MvC2
    5. Hyper Fighter
    6. Rollers Choice

It's going to be pretty crazy, it's going to go by a point system.

1st place = 10 pts
    2nd place= 7 pts
    3rd place= 5 pts
    4th place= 3 pts
    5th place= 1 pt

Whoever has the most points by the end of all the tourneys wins the pot. All tourneys are going to be single elim 2/3 matches. (as of right now, more/less people will change it)

You're a gambling man gaishou gogogogogo!

9. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

aboot what time is this going to start eh? ya hoser

10. The Dude

The Dude Well-Known Member

I see Stoopid's been watching too much Strange Brew lately.

11. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

Another Tourney? mmmmMMmm =)

12. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

The Rocky's VF4 Round Robin tournament concluded earlier today. Thanks to everyone who participated!

The tournament format was changed slightly: from 3 matches per set to just 1 match per set. (This was because we had 11 participants, and 3 matches per set would have taken us till midnight). Ranking was determined by: (A) total matches won, then (B) if total sets won were equal, total points (cumulative round differential), then (C) if matches won were equal, head-to-head performance.

Results
    #1: Chris (FeixaQ) - Lei Fei
    #2: Karl (The Dude) - Lion
    #3: Dwayne (Enkindu) - Kage/Wolf
    #4: Eric (Iron Monkey Fist) - Akira/Sarah
    #5: Dan - Lei Fei
    #6: Chris (Blonde One) - Jacky
    #7: Jake (Stoopid) - Vanessa
    #8: Ghost Dog (Richard) - Aoi/Shun
    #9: Steve (StompOutLoud) - Lion
    #10: Mataare - Jeffry
    #11: Axel - Jacky/Lei Fei

(If I have spelt any names incorrectly, my sincere apologies)

Details
    [​IMG]

Special thanks to Enkindu for giving me a ride to and from Rocky's Replay. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

13. UnCauzi

Wow, way to go Enk on the third, I'm not surprised at all at the_Dude being where he is. At least for me he's always been my toughest opponent imho. I'm quite amazed at Dans placing. This was his first tournament ever. One point behind IMF? Wtf. Love Dan just didn't know he had it in him. Gawd I love tourney results, really puts things into perspective. Then again this reflects what I think the standings are in my mind, being IMF,The_Dude and Enk being a little muddled depending on the day.

If I played I'd probably be somewhere down with Axel and Mataare. Good show folx, sorry I was busy and to poor. Them the breaks though. Tournaments own, I wonder if ATL has gotten competitive yet, I can't think of any other place nearby that has any players :/

14. Jakekun

Jakekun Well-Known Member

haha, no excuses today. I just flat out sucked a big fatty. Thanks for the compliment, but I just couldnt keep the groove on. I liked playing all these people I never played before. Ahh, refreshing. Like a summers rain douche. Many thanks to Chris for coming out and hanging with us. You're a cool guy and your Lau dominated lol. Everybody was in good form, I had a great time.

15. gaishou

damnmit all. i went up there around 1030. i think. been a long weekend. starting to pick up akira. sorry ass lost to a steenking lp/lk wolf whore. at least he admitted to it being lame.........fuck me running backwards.......

hey feixaq,

what time did you stay until?? saw someone decent playing akira and lei, thought it might me u.....

16. feixaq

feixaq Well-Known Member

Stayed till around 8.45pm I think? Sorry I didn't get the chance to meet up with you... next time, hopefully!

17. gaishou

hopefully..../versus/images/icons/smile.gif

18. imf

imf Well-Known Member

I think we all had fun. That's what's important. It's too bad we didn't get to play Fiexaq PS2 style. Missed that by a week. I'm sure he'd have been even stronger on his own stick.

FeixaQ: Way to kick some ass! I think we had some good fights. Hope I get to play you again...and get some revenge /versus/images/icons/wink.gif

I wouldn't consider this to have been a serious tourney UnC. We all only played each other once. Plus there wasn't any money on it, so I'm sure Enk wasn't trying /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif Hey, good show to everyone!

Is there still a VF4 tourney at OD next weekend? I'll see you there Enk. Though I think it will probably be better to wait a week or so until we've all had it at home. Then we'll see what's up, and we can record the fights too.

Props to The Dude for his 3-0 luck-ass-shit on FeixaQ also :p

Blondie had a ripper good night too...just not in the tourney.

Jake went crazy with his head hunting. Gave us all a scare.

There's too many of us to name...congratulations to all who came and played.

I love GhostDog's style.

Who's coming to John's on Wed??

later guys

19. UnCauzi

As for the VF tourney this Saturday it's a definate, whether the rest of OD is happening is a maybe. I MAY have to work on saturday or the entire weekend. That's what happenes when you're "on call" and if that happens please run it without me someone. Hearing tourney shit actually is making me want to play again :p

20. Blondie

Blondie Well-Known Member

Well, after this get together, I'm really excited to see you guys got out there and threw down nicely. With this type of VF scene and the backgrounds and play styles each one of us possess we can really be a VF power-house. You guys rock!! I'll catch you on the flip side. later.