1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

OS 6_K, a more reliable input.

Discussion in 'Vanessa' started by Plume, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

[2][3][6][K] instead of [6_][K]. This way you don't need to hold it in advance, so it's much more reliable.

If it worked the same way in previous versions, the old players won't learn anything new here, but for new players who actually bother using OS, this should be helpful.

Edit: Explanation for those who don't know what this kick is for, on counter hit it leads to a combo that deals good damage, and the kick is special high which means crouching attacks can't go under it. It's also rather quick. All that makes it pretty good against [2][P], among other things...

BeastEG and erdraug like this.
  2. RadicalReactor

RadicalReactor Well-Known Member

Agreed. I find myself hesitating to use 6_K because I feel like to need to hold it for a bit before it becomes active.

I guess the 6_ input prevents spamming it?

3. Plume

Plume Well-Known Member

Yep, I never used this kick without a setup before because of the input. It pretty much forces you to plan it in advance.

With 236K you can do it any time because there's no need to hold anything, and since the kick is so strong, it should help Vanessa's OS game.
    In my head, this kick is top 10 material, hence this thread.

4. RadicalReactor

RadicalReactor Well-Known Member

I agree with you again Plume. I'm finally putting in some time in the dojo with OS stance, and 6_K combos lead to a lot of damage. I still have to work on implementing it in actual matches though.

5. BLACKLAC

BLACKLAC Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. after reading that I was tinkering in dojo for a good hour using it in different situations. This move just became a lot more versatile for me.

6. shadowmaster

shadowmaster Well-Known Member

PSN:
    animelord79
    XBL:
    shadoolord1979
    I use it once in a while and the input to me is the same as it was in vanilla. I learned of it because of Jacky's kick done the same way so he could do it in the middle of his nasty combos as I skimmed through his move list before. I should be using it more but van has so many different moves to punish people with that I don't think about using OS 6_K too much.

7. ShadowGT

ShadowGT Member

What exactly is 6K used for. I was tinkering around with it in training but I couldn't find a purpose.

Edit:Nevermind read the OP

8. Northofself

Northofself Member

PSN:
    RadicalEssay
    XBL:
    Northofself
    I like using it after a blocked K+G, blocked "Smash" punches (i.e. the KPP), or certain hits that I know leave me at +4 or better. At that sort of advantage, it'll stuff just about anything with a start-up of 12 or more.

9. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

This move is greatly boosted in FS now that it will net you combos when it catches sidestepping opponents as well.

10. Chefboy_OB

Chefboy_OB Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Truewiseman
    BeastEG likes this.
  11. Junito

Junito New Member

hi guys im new to vf5fs can anybody tell me what does 6p+k means,i understand p+k but i see alot of moves but they have a number 1st somtimes even a 23# can anybody help much appreciate

12. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    When the 6_K is the best moment to use it, coz everytime i try, I never connect, should I try after a 2P, a success guard or at another moment? any advice?

13. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    Anytime at +4 and above. it's 16f so will give you CH if they push buttons or evade the wrong way.

MakiLeSushi likes this.
  14. MakiLeSushi

MakiLeSushi Well-Known Member Content Mgr Vanessa

PSN:
    MakiLeSushi
    XBL:
    MakiLeSushi
    Ok i ll try thk you MarlyJay... (I should play with you once, just to try =)) for sure i will learn a lot =)

15. Chinsilver

Chinsilver Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ChinTitan
    Dat combo!! Is anyone actually going to bother use that combo, sure it looks good but changing in and out of DS/OS to perform that especially online looks tricky, though saying that I'll to see if I can pull that off.;)

Chef, do you know if that combo is specific for lightweights only?

16. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay
    It looks like it does less damage than the normal lightweight one. Flashy as hell though :D

Chefboy_OB likes this.