1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

OT: FV2 News (2nd thread)

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by Chanchai, Nov 27, 2000.

1. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

Well, I'm starting another FV2 news thread as the last one got pretty packed. For better or worse.

Anyways, here's the latest update.

If you pre-order Fighting Vipers 2 DC from Dreamcast Direct, you are eligible (and pretty much most likely entitled) to a limited edition AM2 demo disc that will come with the game.

As far as I know, it's an exclusive deal, only with Dreamcast Direct (as is a lot of promotional bonuses for DC in Japan).

What's on the disc? I think that's still in the rumor stage, but perhaps our Japanese speaking pals can find out. I think its currently in the rumor stage, but it seems like it will be all just video (like the bonus disc with VF3tb, which I have yet to see). Hopefully VF-X footage or demo footage will be on the disc.

-Chanchai

PS Don't expect a playable demo of VF-X on it (for those of you who were probably about to ask or mention). As far as I know, there is no chance of that, the game's gonna be on Naomi 2! Basically, for my sake, don't bring it up/images/icons/smile.gif

PSS On a side note, I don't know how things are working in Japan, but I'm curious about the effect of all these Dreamcast Direct deals. Maybe someone can clarify what Dreamcast Direct is... because the impression I get is that it's an online/over the phone/by mail ordering system for getting Dreamcast stuff. Just curious, because I would hate to see it be one of the things that could discourage retailers to support the system. But at least if it were the case, it wouldn't be like any of Sega of America's strategies during the Saturn (though that generation of SoA seems to be a bunch of ghosts now).

2. akiralove

akiralove Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JTGC
    Again getting news from the Jap. gaming news site the Magic Box; yesterday they stated that the disc WILL contain footage of "Virtua Fighter X".

Spotlite

3. Chanchai

4. uk_kid

uk_kid Well-Known Member

hey, nice clip. is there any other FV2 footage on the net? (arcade, DC, whatever)

5. Chanchai

This isn't really big news at all, but I thought it was mention worthy... somewhat anyways.

Taken straight from the Magic Box <http://magicbox.come.to>

The December 15th Issue of the Japan Dreamcast Magazine will come with a demo GD-ROM, which contains 4 playable Dreamcast games: Daytona USA 2001, Ecco the Dolphin ~ Defender of the Future, Mars Matrix, and GunSpike. The disc will also contain four game movies: Daytona USA 2001, Never 7 ~ The end of Infinity, Fighting Vipers 2 and Planet Harrier (Arcade).

6. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

It looks fantastic...........I can't wait to play this fantastic fighter(I'm already training with FV1 and FMM)..........I was surprised how fluid the movements look like ,though Fv1 had the same framecount....(incredible all animations handdrawn...and they still look fantastic...no toshinden animation here.....see how that works takara...)..........some characters still look a little odd for example Sanman.....he looks like he borought some parts of an electrical plant..........charlie looks very cooooooooolll

brumm,brumm,brumm,...............i already have ordered the special version with the demo........yuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhuiiiii

P.S I hope you recived my honey-gift..........

7. Chanchai

On December 23rd, Hudson will release a playable demo of their Fighting Vipers ripoff, Bloody Roar 3 (for the PS2).

Source: The Magic Box <http://magicbox.come.to>

They are handing it out at the "Jump! Festival" which I'm guessing (read: guessing) is an occasional event dealing with the various Jump magazines (weekly publications full of manga episodes of various series, each version of Jump focusing on certain audiences, yada yada yada-- mangas are Japanese comics)

Though I'm a Hudson fan (PC Engine baby!), Bloody Roar isn't a real substitute for FV to me, just a ripoff series... However, for those taht like the FV style of play, Bloody Roar's worth a look if you haven't played the series.

-Chanchai

Additional Stuff:

You can check out a preview of the game (if you're interested) at
    http://ps2.ign.com/previews/15395.html

The game's gone pretty low, this pick says all:
    http://viewer.ign.com/media_page.jsp?width=320&height=240&media=http://ps2media.ign.com/media/tgs2000/image/broar/broar_1.jpg&media_type=P&object_id=15395&adtag=size=468x60&network=ign&category=ps2&site=ps2&genre=fighting&ign_section=17&media_name=Character profile: No comment

8. Chanchai

The supposed mystery video demos on the bonus GD-Rom to come with FV2 will supposedly showcase:
    -Shenmue 2
    -Out Trigger (I know I spelled it wrong)
    -Fighting Vipers 2 (hopefully this is a typo where VF-X should be, but I highly doubt we'll see anything on VF-X within the next two months)

Anyways, for a more detailed explanation as well as some Shenmue news, checkout the article that corresponds to this topic at http://dreamcast.ign.com

-Chanchai

9. nascarbryant

nascarbryant Well-Known Member

Why do doubt that?........do you think that they will show the game in the Jamma-Show.....
    well i think if you think on the marketing side , it wouldn't be wise to draw the attention away from FV2,......sadly..............but at least a picture......

brumm,brumm,brumm,.........