1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Otenami Haiken 4 live broadcast - GOGOGO DOWNLOAD YAY

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Oct 11, 2004.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

DOWNLOAD>>> Otenami_Haiken_4_live.asf

Enjoy, everyone.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------
    OK so the tournament is over (special title awarded = "cheesy bastard ninja") and the live broadcast was recorded. On this day, Jin was the horse and soutaishou was christopher reeve /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif (ok that was REALLY tasteless).

There's no link in this post... yet. I'm uploading it, and that's gonna take a long time, so I thought I'd post to let people know what to expect. I'm counting on Jide or someone else to post in this thread in ~4.5 hours, when the upload finishes.
    ----------
    I was able to save 99% of the OH4 finals, from the first minute of broadcast to the end, with a few minutes lost in between due to unavoidable network lag. Everyone complained about it, so I don't think anyone was able to capture the rounds I missed... but if someone did, please send me the file and I can stitch it into this file.

Eventually sega will probably be releasing live feeds of this same footage, so if you have limited bandwidth or patience, wait for that... then you can download several small high-quality files that have no chatting or technical issues, just pure VF action. The file I'll be offering is of mediocre quality... mostly decent and watchable, with a minute or two of skipped frames or blockiness. The important matches like the finals seem fine. The only advantage to downloading the single large file (besides the fact that it's easier to deal with than 30 smaller files) is you get to see in-between match chatter and antics. Some of these are probably pretty entertaining if you speak japanese. There's also some hot special-secret-PS2-VF2 (yes VF2) action featuring shinz. I don't know if that'll be released in a live feed version.

One more thing, here are the tools I used to capture and make this movie watchable, I hope others will do this during the next major live event... because not all broadcasts are the same for all people, some people will get footage that others miss, and maybe have nicer connections overall, leading to nicer looking footage.

Flashget: The best download manager/accelerator out there... a few versions ago, they added support for the mms:// (streaming movie) protocol. Inside .asx links are usually hidden mms:// links, and you can extract these and plug them into flashget (just download using a single stream) and it will save the file the same way it saves any other. I violently recommend this program whether you deal with movies or not. It's great for getting a ton of files off a single page or getting better download speeds from slow/busy servers. It also remembers the url to everything you ever downloaded, so it's handy if you want to give someone a link to something you got a while ago.

The downside to flashget is that your file is not saved as a watchable movie file while it downloads, it's saved under the .jc! extension. You cannot rename it or watch it in media player, you can't even copy the partial download and then rename/watch the copy. You cannot watch the movie while you download it, which is frustrating when everyone on irc is talking excitedly about it. Don't worry, there's still a way.
    http://www.flashget.com/fgf165.exe (if you have a version before 1.5, you can't download streaming movies, so I recommend upgrading). I have to thank glc for showing me this, even if he's generally an obstreperous hard-on. With this, I was able to download the entire thing at a nice, steady 36 KB/s without any tricks or unnecessary files. I was also able to stream the video in a media player and watch that, using up another 36 KB/s just so I could watch at the same time as everyone else. (No worries, doing that didn't affect my flashget download at all).

Media Player Classic: You can't save streaming files with this, but it's the best way to watch them. It's pretty much the best player to watch anything. It's small, with no unnecessary junk to bog it down, it supports every format you can think of and has all the options you want or need. Windows media player (any version) is bulkier and more likely to choke or crash during a long streaming movie. MPC is also nice because it's a single small file that can be placed anywhere and easily associated with a whatever formats you want it for, including the somewhat obscure ogm and mkv containers.
    http://osdn.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/guliverkli/mpc98me6482.zip (win98/ME link)

Lastly, I used a simple program to join the streams.. the movie was originally split into 3 parts... there were long stretches where the connection died and I was forced to start a new stream. http://www.boilsoft.net/download/avi_mpg_rm_joiner.exe (check out the other boilsoft downloads if you're a media nut like me).

If anyone's wondering what happened to streambox... I didn't need it because I had flashget, and actually had problems trying to use streambox. I still keep streambox because it shows exactly what happens when you click a link, it's handy for following 'hidden' redirects to various files (not just movies).

Ok, I've probably managed to kill an hour of your time with this post, just wait about 3 more and you can see the tournament^^

2. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Re: Otenami Haiken 4 live broadcast - stitched, indexed, download it!

Thx for the software Kreedoo!!!

3. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

Awesome CreeDo, I can't wait to see all the good players choke and Jin rape Soutaisho again... /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

4. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

alright, ill be back at 9:40, and if those movies aren't up...

5. Kimble

Kimble Well-Known Member

Thanks Creed. I missed it today (grr...) and i'm glad i can download it later.

6. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks.

*f5*
    *f5*
    *f5*
    *f5*
    *f5*
    /KiwE
    *f5*

7. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

f5

8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

9. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

what program do you use to watch that?

my trials on cocsoft and hidownload went out :p.

err.. im dling flashget as i write this.. we'll see how it works out!

10. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    On this day, Jin was the horse and soutaishou was christopher reeve (ok that was REALLY tasteless).

[/ QUOTE ]

You know the guy is dead right?

11. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Sega official streaming movies can be a little weird.
    If you download the asx file, you'll see it's tiny. It's just a text file that contains the secret links to the real movie. The real link will look like this usually:

<a href="mms://asx.podtv.com/something" target="_blank">mms://asx.podtv.com/something</a>
    <a href="mms://end.podtv.com/something" target="_blank">mms://end.podtv.com/something</a>

I don't know why you have two links, you just do. Usually two links means you get a commercial first, then the real movie, but to download the real sega AM2 movies I always use the first link. Pop that link into flashget and you're ok. If that doesn't work, streambox downloads it nicely. The best way to do it in streambox is to put in the link to the .asx file, NOT the mms:// link. You must make sure about a certain setting first - in the box where you add your download, click the connection tab and check "always use http:// protocol for mms streams". I'm not sure if you need to, but it helped me also to put my connection speed to 256k dsl. Lastly if you get sound with no video it usually means you forgot to check that 'mms streams' setting, or you didn't give streambox the asx link.

Good luck.

PS: The movie upload is delayed a bit, and by the time it finishes you'll probably be able to download a lot of the matches from sega. Sorry about that. I have some refresh rate issue with my monitor that causes my PC to hang when I walk away from it for a few hours. It's just one of several problems that have kept me away from the PC for a while now. Wish me luck in return. I have to keep this upload going for another 3.5 hours and I don't wanna babysit it.

PS to ice-9: Oh shit he is? I feel awful. Juuuuust kidding. I know. It'd be pretty weird timing if I referenced him like 9 years after his accident without knowing about it. He expired while we were all watching the live broadcast. News spreads fast on irc and so do horrid jokes and photoshopped pix. Disregard mine if it bothers you.

12. Jide

Jide The Super Shinobi Silver Supporter

PSN:
    Blatant

Phew glad you realised you stop uploading creedO i guess you will be around now /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

13. GY_Beta

GY_Beta Member

Thank you so much /versus/images/graemlins/wink.gif
    I can;t wait to see it , so cool !!

14. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    PS to ice-9: Oh shit he is? I feel awful. Juuuuust kidding. I know. It'd be pretty weird timing if I referenced him like 9 years after his accident without knowing about it. He expired while we were all watching the live broadcast. News spreads fast on irc and so do horrid jokes and photoshopped pix. Disregard mine if it bothers you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehe, was just curious to know whether you understood the depth of your own tastelessness.

I have seen many jokes referencing Reeve's handicap and the irony that he played Superman in the movies, and wondered whether that was what you were getting at. Now I know you were making a joke about his death.

15. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Thanks Creed(welcome back) and Jide. This is great for me since I wasn't able to watch the live stream. Great stuff!!

16. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Err just wanna know. Who's in the trny?

I don't want the match ups, just the names of who's in it?

17. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Here's the chart:
    http://am.sega.jp/utop/news/vf4ft_ote4/final_t.html

From top to bottom:

Left side:

Nyan Otouto(AO)
    Homestay Akira
    Bussashi(LA)
    Sogoroku(AO)
    Shindo Jacky(LA)
    Otsunami(LA)
    Puyo(JA)
    Neo Tower(JA)
    Minami(KA)
    Tenin Iwao(KA)
    Tsunodei(SH)
    Manmo(LA)
    Hood(LI)
    Akiraba(JA)
    Soutaisho(KA)
    Chibita(LI)

Right side:

Chacky(JA)
    Tsuchikumo(PA)
    Anaguma(JA)
    Muumuu Dance(AK)
    Mukki Akira
    Matsudaira Kiyoyasu(LA)
    Jin(KA)
    Nuki(AO)
    8(WO)
    Milk shake #1(KA)
    Yourou Kage
    Yanaga(PA)
    Senningiri(KA)
    Armadillo Otouto(LI)
    Taru(VA)
    Choufu KK sarah(LA)

18. O_o

O_o Active Member

I downloaded it, and browsed through it, listened to some people talk, seen some matches, but i gotta say its bad graphics... /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif hope it was better, i watched like probably 40 mins, and my eyes were hurting /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif
    but there were some crazy matches /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif
    vf2 on ps2?!?! sick!

19. LEHMANO

LEHMANO Member

Is the link still working?!! What do I have do I have to do to get it? What software!? Please help /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

20. TianMing

TianMing Member

Thanks a lot!!!!! I love u forever!