1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pad Players - What pad are you using?

Discussion in 'Joysticks and Other Controllers' started by soke, Dec 13, 2012.

1. DomAug

DomAug dom Content Manager Lion Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    domaug
    to be fair, an arcade stick with decent parts could go for well over $100. the one i'm building now is close to $300 in parts.

2. FakeSypha

FakeSypha Active Member

PSN:
    FakeSypha
    You could find any actual comercial arcade stick with full Sanwa/Seimitsu parts from about $100 to $200. I just bought a brand new Hori DOA5 Arcade Stick for 88 bucks off ebay.
    In any case, it was just my personal opinion, though. I just wouldn't pay $100 for a pad.

Sorry for the offtopic. After all this is a PAD thread, lol. I won't try to 'convert' anybody to be a stick user xD

DomAug likes this.
  3. Charles Webster

Charles Webster New Member

Ever thought about using a Ps1 or ps2 controller (pad) with a converter (Brooks) or Mayflash) to either ps3 or ps4?

4. Ellis

Ellis Well-Known Member

PSN:
    Ellis_Cake
    PS1 (DualShock 1) Is the best _pad_ for VF, followed by DS4 (PS4) and DS2 (PS2)

This is because of it's clean d-pad input.
    Many lesse pads suffer from unclean d-pad input, most commonly experienced when trying to do a straight vs a gay (i mean diagonals) input ^^

5. XxFROGZILLAxX

XxFROGZILLAxX Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxFROGZILLAxX
    XBL:
    XxFROGZILLAxX
    I'm using the HORI Fighting Commander PS4 pad, a six button layout more ideal for games like Street Fighter, however it's large buttons and omission of analogue sticks for me are a welcome change. Supports PS3 and PC too (not sure about PS5) but there is no touch pad and to access L3/R3 you have to manually switch the top triggers via toggling which is not ideal for quick resetting in VF5US when hitting the dojo. However the pros far outweigh the cons and I highly recommend it, the buttons have a nice clicky feel to them too just like an arcade stick, and it has been released for Xbox One and Nintendo Switch at Play Asia.

VanguardBronze and DomAug like this.