1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai Combo Extension Move Not Working < > K+G - Help

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Shensun, Jul 3, 2021.

1. Shensun

Shensun Active Member

Hey Vf community, im training with pai and ran into some issues with this combo extension move (<> K+G)

In the following combo video, she uses the move as a combo extension and it bounces the opponent back to their feet for Pai to continue. However, when i try it, the opponent doesn't bounce back up, they fall to the ground? Why is this happening?

I've set the training dummy to counter, but still get the same result

Here is the video for reference. The combo is at 2 minutes 40 seconds

Thanks in advance

2. akai

akai Moderator Staff Member Bronze Supporter

PSN:
    Akai_JC
    XBL:
    Akai JC
    Try the combo on a light character first, like Eileen, Blaze, or Pai.

It works, then it might be you are trying it against someone heavier like Akira? That might be dependent on your foot position, close or open.

If you can't get the bounce on the light characters, it might be your timing is off and you need to input the command earlier.

Shensun likes this.
  3. Shensun

Shensun Active Member

That did the trick. Thank you

akai likes this.
  4. OldManMixah

OldManMixah Member

Akira, Jean, and Jacky are open stance only > since I'm bad at stance confirming (many people are), I usually just go for the Jeffry/Wolf variation on them.
    Heavier than those, it doesn't work.
    Taka gets a kind of different combo > CH scoop, then go immediately into the 46K+G and continue from there. No P.
    Jeffry/Wolf, you gotta do a different combo.