1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai for Dummies stradegy and techneques

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by marcel, Jan 6, 2002.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Pai has no movement advantage, her movement speed's the same as everyone else's. It's a myth that pai's is a 'speed' character. She happens to have a fast punch/PPP combo. In previous VF's lau and kage have had an equally fast punch/PPP combo, and equally fast sidekicks, and a quicker and more useful f+P, and faster-recovering low kicks, etc. etc. ..but we don't think of them as 'pecky speedy types', because they don't fit the quick-but-weak fighting girl stereotype.

Anyway, to get back on track if pai's got any difference in dash speed it's sliiiiiight, so tiny it couldn't possibly alter the outcome of a battle, or even one exchange. Pai's not quick, she's "pecky", and that's because she lacks moves that are the opposite of pecky - power hits. I'd prefer power hits over pecky any day.

2. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

We all do need to stop kicking this dead cow post, but.......When someone said about Pai's stronger attacks and her weaknesses, I hate to say it but pai doesn't have too many powerfull attacks, and like I said, combos r key with her, many of the attacks listed coud be linked. And how do I find a spell checker online, don't tell me unless u really don't want any more errors, I am afraid of being ambushed by the people who say I spam the board. Oh well, the point is that Pai's attacks are all around the same level. : )

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

if you have microsoft word or some program like that, you can put your post into it and check the spelling, then if the spelling is fine copy the post here.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Anyway, to get back on track if pai's got any difference in dash speed it's sliiiiiight, so tiny it couldn't possibly alter the outcome of a battle, or even one exchange.

The difference in dash speed among characters has been increased in VF4.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

pai felt the same. Did anyone else slow down? Then pai might have a purely theoretical edge.

6. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

Jeff, just curious - where did you get this information from? Reference, baby, reference.

cheers,

7. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Like I mentioned in a previous post, I don't have any stats to back it up or anything. But, I think it's pretty obvious. Get Wolf and Jeffry to run, they run reeaaally slow. Anyway, just get Wolf and Jeffry to CD back and forth, dash back and forth, then pick Pai and Aoi and do the same. You should be able to tell the difference.

8. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

On yeah, Jeff, I don't have a problem in noticing that speed differences between characters...I just don't feel that it's any different from VF3 or VF2, that's all. When you said VF4 has undergone an increase, I just wanted to know if you've read that somewhere in a comparison to previous VFs.

As far as dashing back and forth is concerned - it matters a lot on who is doing the dashing, ie: the human. I can get Wolf to go back and forth like he's on speed if I get the rhythm and dash buffer right. Watch the Tbzone movies and notice Shinz's pattern of movement: CD back, CD back, forward dash; repeat. Regardless of the character he's using, he's moving back and forth very quickly with very little difference in speed.

I agree that there exists a speed difference between characters, but it's not huge and definitely not, imo, big enough that one character would prove to be disadvantaged as a result.

cheers,

9. marcel

marcel Well-Known Member

Thanks 4 the Microsoft word suggestion. I will always use Pai, well until her moves get far 2 weak.