Pai Help

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LittleWild, Feb 12, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Are there any good follow ups after Pai's 3P+K, 6P+K reversal-inashis? Right now the only one I can think of is 66K~66PK~2KK. However, it is possible to block the 66PK if the opponent strggules hard enough.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

From <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=pai&file=ice9_pai_moves.html>ice-9's Pai Dojo, Moves Analysis</a>; applicable for Version B:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Inashis :: f+P+K or d/f+P+K :: Inashi :: 5 :: **

Pai can reverse high or middle attacks. Use f+P+K to reverse high attacks and d/f+P+K to reverse middle attacks (including flipkicks). Although her inashis take very little base damage, they often leave the opponent struggling, allowing Pai a follow up opportunity. DSK is guaranteed against a high punch, elbow, and knee inashi for good damage. You can attempt DSKs against other inashis, but some may require a forward dash to get in range, and opponents can struggle to block the DSK. For guaranteed damage, you can try a simple sidekick. Or, you could press the attack/throw guessing game.

<hr></blockquote>

Does anybody read my Dojos!?!? DSK takes the most damage.

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hey Ice-9, just a quick suggestion:

Right now the only one I can think of is 66K~66PK~2KK. However, it is possible to block the 66PK if the opponent strggules hard enough.

This sequence looks familiar. This was a flowchart that was abused in the test version, only f+P followed f, f+K. It seems that f, f+K-> f+P-> f, f+P+K would be more damaging and cover more distance for a possible ringout. I don't know DSK executes faster than f, f+K, but he seems to be having some success with following up with f, f+K. And if f, f+K creates a stagger, Pai can press the throw/attack guessing game.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see, I thought it was a f,f+K or f,f+P,K or d+K,K kind of a thing. Intriguing....but the f,f+K will whiff a lot of the times though with some of the weirder animations. Gotta try it out.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions LittleWild! LittleWild, incidentally, has given me a lot of feedback on the Dojos, so I'm sure he knows I was only saying the "Does nobody read my Dojos" in jest.

5. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

For some the animations (like the sidekick reversal), you have to delay your 66K input for a while. The interest thing is that 66K seems to be a confirmed follow up, I have yet to see any one struggle out of it.

Oh yah, there is your Pai dojo! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I totally forgot about that! I did read your Lion Dojo though, it was very helpful /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. 22222

22222 Active Member

btw....can any1 tell me how to enable pai to jump over an opponents back and in what situation can this be done?? N does d, f, p+g enable u to throw opponents who are crouching and standing? sorrie ...N d/f kick .....y does it sometimes stuns opponents and sometimes not?? in wat cases does it stuns?? thanks./...and does f+p+g reverse most punches high or mid?? thanks for answering my questions....