1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai Help

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by LittleWild, Feb 12, 2002.

1. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

Are there any good follow ups after Pai's 3P+K, 6P+K reversal-inashis? Right now the only one I can think of is 66K~66PK~2KK. However, it is possible to block the 66PK if the opponent strggules hard enough.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

From <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/view.php?section=vf4&chara=pai&file=ice9_pai_moves.html>ice-9's Pai Dojo, Moves Analysis</a>; applicable for Version B:

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Inashis :: f+P+K or d/f+P+K :: Inashi :: 5 :: **

Pai can reverse high or middle attacks. Use f+P+K to reverse high attacks and d/f+P+K to reverse middle attacks (including flipkicks). Although her inashis take very little base damage, they often leave the opponent struggling, allowing Pai a follow up opportunity. DSK is guaranteed against a high punch, elbow, and knee inashi for good damage. You can attempt DSKs against other inashis, but some may require a forward dash to get in range, and opponents can struggle to block the DSK. For guaranteed damage, you can try a simple sidekick. Or, you could press the attack/throw guessing game.

<hr></blockquote>

Does anybody read my Dojos!?!? DSK takes the most damage.

3. ghostdog

ghostdog Well-Known Member

Hey Ice-9, just a quick suggestion:

Right now the only one I can think of is 66K~66PK~2KK. However, it is possible to block the 66PK if the opponent strggules hard enough.

This sequence looks familiar. This was a flowchart that was abused in the test version, only f+P followed f, f+K. It seems that f, f+K-> f+P-> f, f+P+K would be more damaging and cover more distance for a possible ringout. I don't know DSK executes faster than f, f+K, but he seems to be having some success with following up with f, f+K. And if f, f+K creates a stagger, Pai can press the throw/attack guessing game.

4. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Oh, I see, I thought it was a f,f+K or f,f+P,K or d+K,K kind of a thing. Intriguing....but the f,f+K will whiff a lot of the times though with some of the weirder animations. Gotta try it out.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions LittleWild! LittleWild, incidentally, has given me a lot of feedback on the Dojos, so I'm sure he knows I was only saying the "Does nobody read my Dojos" in jest.

5. LittleWild

LittleWild Well-Known Member

For some the animations (like the sidekick reversal), you have to delay your 66K input for a while. The interest thing is that 66K seems to be a confirmed follow up, I have yet to see any one struggle out of it.

Oh yah, there is your Pai dojo! /versus/images/icons/tongue.gif I totally forgot about that! I did read your Lion Dojo though, it was very helpful /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

6. 22222

22222 Active Member

btw....can any1 tell me how to enable pai to jump over an opponents back and in what situation can this be done?? N does d, f, p+g enable u to throw opponents who are crouching and standing? sorrie ...N d/f kick .....y does it sometimes stuns opponents and sometimes not?? in wat cases does it stuns?? thanks./...and does f+p+g reverse most punches high or mid?? thanks for answering my questions....