1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai Shenannegins! (video inside)

Discussion in 'Pai' started by Shidosha, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Shidosha

Shidosha Well-Known Member

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThusxQRmit0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ThusxQRmit0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
    a small video for pai players of all skill level...
    by yours truely /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

i had some sound syncing issues in movie maker but it should mess things up for you too much...

i hope this little compilation can open up some new ideas to other pai players... feel free to discuss! (but stay on topic)

2. seven5suited

seven5suited Well-Known Member

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>NICE, MAN!!!</span>

Gotta get in the dojo and memorize some of those patterns!

3. tonyfamilia

tonyfamilia Well-Known Member

Very nice. Loved it. Give me moarrr! XD

4. Feck

Feck Well-Known Member Content Manager Akira

This video makes me hate Pai even more, damn you YIP!

5. ACTIONBASTARD

ACTIONBASTARD Well-Known Member

6. SDS_Overfiend1

SDS_Overfiend1 Well-Known Member

I Wholeheartedly agree. For all of you crying ass Sarah Players Pai has to work just as hard to take damage.

7. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    just to clear some things involving the video up...

as far as pai's wall bounce is concerned... its possible to get up to 4 bounces (ive done it) and it works on all weights on a half fence (ive seen it and done it)

at about 1:10 - Denkai is using akira...
    I dont know why denkai is using akira, don't ask me /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

and sry again about some sound issues

at about 0:19, after the bounce i use pppk to complete the combo...
    my input was actually p,p but it didn't cancel properly...

p,p,K+gk connects and does more damage, just make sure to hold Fwd!

at about 0:49, i do 6k+g,p,p+k,yip...
    at the range i was when i hit him i could not complete the whole swallow kick and connect (since he can tech, i would have been at disadvantage afterwards...) so a regular ol yip kick is best to keep the pressure on (if u even go for the damn combo anyway

8. KrsJin

KrsJin Well-Known Member

I'm not even really a Pai fan and really enjoyed this. VF needs more vids like this in general imo. Well done man -

9. seven5suited

When did you get so fucking technical??? My lil nephew is growing up! I only wish your grandpappy Sug were here to see this... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

10. seven5suited

Speaking of shenanigans, did you know Pai can do a reversal/throw escape at the same time? (RTEG) I was successfully doing it in dojo, but I am not yet adept enough to go for two TEs after the R, so I don't know if it's possible. If I ever find my wife's camera, I'll demonstrate it Chief_Flash-style in a vid. It's cool but it's only good in very very specific situations. (such as not having to guess which side to evade to in your ETEGs against someone with lots of reversible half-circulars)

Maybe KoD can use the programmable controller to see how many TEs you can do after the R.

11. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Total time for a reversal is 30 frames, which is even more than an evade. You technically have enough time to get all throw escape directions in, two is definitely possible. If you're doing reversals instead of inashi, you might as well go ahead and put in multiple throw escapes.

12. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

You can combine inashi's with TE's also. Your choice of what you use should be character and situation dependent (i.e are you expecting a knee or a midkick or a midpunch/elbow?) etc. Cappo Pai once made the greatest tuturialvids for Pai which even if they were for Evo pretty much applies.

13. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    actually flash n I had a discussion about that. We came to the conclusion that eteg is better but mid-rteg is easier

14. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

haha damn I forgot about that match we had where you rung me out before I was able to finish you off. I'm surprized I can tell that was me just by seeing the outfit.

We gotta get some new player matches going so I can put them in the next phase of my combat tested tutorial vids.

15. Konradinho

Konradinho Well-Known Member

PSN:
    konradinho2
    Pai can bounce oppo 4 times even on normal wall (Brad tested)

16. Rodnutz

Rodnutz Well-Known Member

PSN:
    XxRodnutzxX
    XBL:
    XxRodnutzxX
    Awesome vid man! More please!

17. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

I Was a test dummy for a Pai setup vid /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif

18. Shidosha

PSN:
    I_Am_Shidosha
    XBL:
    Ur Not Shidosha
    LOL sry bout that.

Hey man I gotta fight that lau again. Those matches were too fun.

And @konrad

Which set-up were you using? Wall splat or plain ol wall hit?

19. KoD

KoD Well-Known Member

PSN:
    codiak
    Point being if you're doing a reversal, you dont have to worry about timing followups like you do with an inashi, so you might as well just mash TE without worrying about recovery window. You are kinda fucked if you guessed wrong anyway.

20. Slide

Slide Well-Known Member

you and me both