1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai Tutorial Video - from CAPPO~~~~ ^^ ^^ ^^

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by CreeD, Oct 30, 2004.

1. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

This video is tight. It's got some advanced tricks for beating elbows, low punches, and other common attacks when disadvantaged, and some nice setups to beat rising attacks. My only complaint is that the japanese/korean notation won't be familiar to beginners, but this tutorial isn't really for beginners anyway - and everything is illustrated nicely in training mode.

Ok, here's the link:

DOWNLOAD >>> PAI-TUT-V1.wmv

2. imf

imf Well-Known Member

Top Ten reasons you better not play Kage vs Cappo's Pai in Evo.

3. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

Thanks alot. Stuff like this is awesome.

Edit: This is beyond Awesome even. Thanks to Cappo for making something constructive like this. Thanks to Creed for posting it.

/KiwE

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

well done to cappo..

just to note, some of the FC,b+p tricks vs elbow will only work vs short elbows right? this means that it wont work vs certain characters like jacky, jeffry, pai, etc... really similar to the major problem goh has taking advantage his shlrm at dis.

on the plus side to pais, it will work vs wolf's screw hook and other short mids!

also, you get alot of block --> backdashing low P setups in the FT master guide, i'm not sure how noticable it is as a strat, but wolf has are really nice one in FT with his new B+K (sorry, not relevant to this pai talk ^^)

P.s -- the stepping stuff was nice but pointless -- showoff! /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

5. maddy

maddy Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    TetsuSaruKen said:

Top Ten reasons you better not play Kage vs Cappo's Pai in Evo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, it's time to make your VS Pai video now to counterbalance it!

P.S. Nice video, Cappo. Thx for taking your time for this.

6. Cappo

Cappo Well-Known Member

BK, 64,pp can beat jacky's elbow, also her inashi. I'll have to make another vid with attacks that beat longer ranged elbows. I do have some things though /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

7. RagingSilver

RagingSilver Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting Vid. No doubt Archangel will be checking this out soon. Most of the things performed in there is done by Pai CPU on the high diff setting. But this vid shows how it's done and when to do it. Nifty. Hope u do other characters too.

8. sekaijin

sekaijin Well-Known Member

PSN:
    so__it__goes
    XBL:
    sekaijin usa
    shit son

i hate to think of the number of times i ate those low punch strats.

and to think if shun had a true elbow my suffering may have been worse.

9. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Pai Tutorial Videos 1&2 - from CAPPO~~~~ ^^ ^^ ^^

Volume 2 is out, this one is more about highlights than Pai tutorial stuff, so it's pretty entertaining. Cappo's got some weird tricks to beat generic sidekicks and elbows. He's been working hard on anti-shou strategies, as we all should be /versus/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Juuust kidding, nobody get offended! Remember, without "jerk" you can't spell "circle jerk".

DOWNLOAD >>> PAI-TUT-V2.wmv

10. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Re: Pai Tutorial Videos 1&2 - from CAPPO~~~~ ^^ ^^ ^^

this is some nice shieet again!!
    good job cappo!! and creedo for upload
    and thx a lot!!

ps: stepping at the end is lol!

11. Robyrt

Robyrt Well-Known Member

Good stuff Cappo - it's been too long since anyone released a non-match video for VF. I loved volume 1, but there was just too much random stuff in vol2 to make sense.

12. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the vid Cappo most appreciated.

13. sanjuroAKIRA

sanjuroAKIRA Well-Known Member

Nice!

Thanks guys.

14. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Cappo Pai Tutorial Volume 3~~~~ ^^ ^^ ^^

Yay Pai Tutorial Vulva 3 is out!@#

Highlights include cute and damaging okizeme setups with the seldom-used reverse flipkick and some general VF tactics in advantaged/disadvantaged situations (E-DTEG, R-DTEG using inashi, anti-EDTEG, and the always popular gamble-with-a-big-move). Also features pai wall madness and effective uses of the stumble throw. Give it a look or I'll burn your goats.

DOWNLOAD >>> PAI-TUT-V3.wmv

Cappo loves us all and we mustn't anger him.