1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's +1 and +5 situations

Discussion in 'Pai' started by archangel, Sep 12, 2005.

1. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    YOSUKE said:
    kaminari_oyaji
    sorry.I can not go your town now because I am a student.....
    I have a one vacation. end of December. maybe 23-30 days...almost 1week, so I can go.
    I am not sure but if I have enough money, I will go. I would like to play VF4 with US player (^-^)b

[/ QUOTE ]

Yosuke

Sounds like a good plan. Maybe we can get alot of U.S. player to come and meet you? December 23-30 is good for me. Anyone else free for these dates? Let's move this thread too.

2. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

archangel

so sorry. please forgive me about this happen.....I made big problem.
    This is kind of advice BBS for your PAI, but now it looks like yosuke bbs.... so sorry.....
    but I would like some advice to you.

kaminari_oyaji
    I understund, so please stop it. you should make another thread if you want to talk. and please calm down... I wrote just plan. I used ' if '. I also don't know what I will do a winter vacation. I can not go my own pace because I'm 19 years old. If I go, my parent would be worried.

so so so---sorry everyone....I'm not particular person, and I will become common player.

3. Stl_Tim

Stl_Tim Well-Known Member

Yosuke

No problem man. Nothing was for sure anyway. Just wanted to present a chance for everyone to meet you. It would be a bad time for everyone anyway, because of the holidays.
    Laters^^

4. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

hmmmmmm

Yosuke eh?

*quickly watches Kakutou Shinseiki III again*

ahhhhhhhhh, now i remember, ~ haha ^______^) nice play~

archangel is a friend of mine, im not sure how much he understands about number information.

if he doesnt, (but mabye he does), then i will explain the things you wrote next time i see him.

thank you for your help^^* ~ yoroshiku

//BK__ //

5. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

BK__

thanks so much, but I don't think my movie is good because I froze. I remenbered... that me is very terrible....

kaminari_oyaji
    then I really don't understand about your hope.I have already told everyone that I have NOT been playing VF4FT since coming to the United States. I probably will not be able to play VF4FT. so what do you want? I think....I will not good teach for you.I willdo my poor best, but probably.

I also heard that VF4FT is put only NEW YORK and LOS ANGELS from Shou, AMERICAN VF player.
    Then...I have a question. Why do you have VF4FT? Really do you have VF4FT?

6. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    As far as I know, FT is in 4 places in the US - NY, CA, CO, and MO. The FT in CO is at my place in Denver. We bought it because it was pretty cheap, and we already had 2 new astro city cabs. And I do believe Kaminari_Oyaji (Tim) has FT as well in St. Louis, MO. It's just CA and NY are where the majority of players are at, so it's more popular there. There's not too many players in MO and CO. Just clearing things up. /versus/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Paul

7. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

TexasLion

thanks a lot. please be friend. I was confused. I am a student, but he want to meet soon. I don't have vacation soon.I also don't have my cards. therefore, I can not go soon. I am interested in kaminari_oyaji and some players in SL. but please remenber that not want a good play. I will do my poor best. but I become common player now. I can teach a little if Tim want. I think He realy want a lot of advice lol. so I will do my best in 12 23th to 30th. by the waw....If i go to SL this time, you will come?and what is your main character? Tim 's main is AOI, isn't it? I realy don't like AOI.....I will not able to win AOI........I guess you use Lion...

P.S... my parents sent my VF4FT cards yesterday...?

8. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    BK__

thanks so much, but I don't think my movie is good because I froze. I remenbered... that me is very terrible....

[/ QUOTE ]

that's okay, freezing is just pressure, but your choices are still very good (Segaru turns into ice every match, hahaha j/k^^*)

yeah, dont worry, i have seen your jacky outside of tournaments too, the media forum here updates with matches from all around the world. alot of players on this site upload their own movies too~

im from UK, i guess most people know UK because of Ryan Hart, but there are many strong players from here too.

nice to meet somebody from Japan VF here~ /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

9. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

Thanks for the advice yosuke, sorry i didnt post back sooner been busy at work. Anyway i'll let people know how it's been with a post later on today

10. archangel

hmmm i guess it's been going ok i'm not freezing up so often now.....i think. Though it seems to me that after moves like [6]+[P] on counter or normal hit what you do next is so dependant on your opponent does next Pai's options seem to be cut down so fast compared to other characters. If your opponent can fuzzy guard well that +1 option just becomes [9]+[K] since it's pretty safe, also the window for doing [2][3][6]+[P] is pretty tight more often then not the opponent's [2]+[P] tends to beat it though [6][6]+[P] is another option. I think the best thing to do in any of the +1 or +5 situations is always to have your opponent guessing. That seems to be one of pai's strong points is a good mix up of moves since she doesnt have luxury of an elbow stagger.

11. TexasLion

TexasLion Well-Known Member

XBL:
    JunoSynth
    [ QUOTE ]
    YOSUKE said:

If i go to SL this time, you will come?and what is your main character? Tim 's main is AOI, isn't it? I realy don't like AOI.....I will not able to win AOI........I guess you use Lion...

[/ QUOTE ]

I doubt I could make it since I'm moving at the end of the month and all my money is going to rent and deposit, but maybe. I would love to get in some FT with you guys.

And yeah I mainly use Lion. Some Akira but I don't play him seriously, just when I get bored of Lion I'll use him. I don't like Aoi either. A couple of reversals from her and your whole game gets thrown off. It's very scary. /versus/images/graemlins/crazy.gif Oh I got some videos of us playing in CO, I'll post them up a little later. Check them out if you want to see some FT action in CO. We are just average though. So far I got videos of just me and my brother (he plays Lei Fei), but I'll try to get more videos of the other players here. Cheers.

Alright, sorry to get off the subject everyone. /versus/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

12. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

they can fuzzy everything i think. but they still cant attack back where as with any other character they will always win with low P (well, mabye not vs akira's bodycheck)

aside from swallow kick (the best option), try out some backdash options too so you can trap your opponent's evade, and cut off their low P at the same time. you'll find throwing harder than usual at +1, this is normal but still go for it when you can because the fuzzy window will get tighter due to swallow kick.

f+p --- backdash sweep
    f+p --- backdash df+k (p if necessary)
    f+p --- backdash ff+p (?)
    f+p --- backdash rising palms (?)

keep your backdash as short as possible, but long enough to avoid low P. this way you'll trap a slow evade early and beat the low p before the opp recovers.

timing and delays are the only thing which can deal with a quick reaction like fuzzy guard, but it's only out of sheer anticipation.

when u have +5 the opp can nolonger fuzzy, so it's a very good choice game for pai with bigger attacks.

13. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

Yosuke, you can find 2 movies of Archangel's PAI here

if you want to give any more advice about pai, im sure he would be greatful. thanks for your help /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif

14. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

TexasLion

thanks for writing. I also spemt some money for some DVDs , but all English. Maybe good for me lol.
    I think.... I will not able to win you and American players.

BK__
    I watched your movies. then..... I have some advice....
    can I write?
    ・I think archangel (PAI) can not do escape and avoid throwing...also He and you usually escape ↑....I realized because Wolf dose not have strong WAZA the belly side... PAI also dose not have strong waza the belly side. I think only 1K or K but these are not useful waza.
    ・if I fight this wolf, I would use only P, 2P 6P.... because you always watch for chance... Short Shoulder. so you should use 2P then 633214P or throw... this is common attack. Do you know 8? He would prefer to use this attack.

archangel....
    ・moving is OK. do you know Itabasi? he is not fast VF player lol ,but he has good defense.sometimes you should be patience... your PAI is very fine lol.

VF4EVO is faster than VF4FT... they are strong. I will not able to win

15. YOSUKE

YOSUKE Well-Known Member

TexasLion

thanks for writing. I also spemt some money for some DVDs , but all English. Maybe good for me lol.
    I think.... I will not able to win you and American players.

BK__
    can I write?
    ・I think archangel (PAI) can not do escape and avoid throwing...also He and you usually escape ↑....I realized because Wolf dose not have strong WAZA the belly side... PAI also dose not have strong waza the belly side. I think only 1K or K but these are not useful waza.
    ・if I fight this wolf, I would use only P, 2P 6P.... because you always watch for chance... Short Shoulder. so you should use 2P then 633214P or throw... this is common attack. Do you know 8? He would prefer to use this attack.

archangel....
    ・moving is OK. do you know Itabasi? he is not fast VF player lol ,but he has good defense.sometimes you should be patience... your PAI is very fine lol.

VF4EVO is faster than VF4FT... they are strong. I will not able to win

16. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

thanks for your advice, i realize im not using my common things in these movies ^^* because im playing against PAI.

also, im not sure what &#12539, and &#8593 mean, are they commands?

i also dont know the english translation for WAZA ^^*

sorry,.^__^)

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i watch 8 alot, he's one of my favorite wolfs¬ (hideo, 8, chemuru)

normally this common choice game with wolf is very useful, yes.

[2][P] -- [6][3][2][1][4][P]
    [2][P] -- throw

but is very risky Vs pai. because she has [2_][4][P], [2_][4][K], [6][4][P], and many other things to beat this choice game. infact wolf vs pai is very difficult for attacking. --- VS pai i have to use [6][K] alot when she has disadvantage and only sometimes [6][3][2][1][4][P]. (both -10, both have 1 BAD side each when evaded.)

If i use jacky, [6][P] can win Vs PAI's [2_][4][P], or [2_][4][K] because it is a longer attack, -- But wolf's [6][3][2][1][4][P] will lose,

Also, in EVO, [2][P] -- [6][3][2][1][4][P] will lose to [2][P] on open stance X_____X)* i think it's a BUG in the game.

so wolf vs PAI have to be played differently than VS common players /versus/images/graemlins/tear.gif

my best common attack choices are:--

[2][P] -- [6][3][2][1][4][P]

[P] -- [6][K]

----
    vs EVADE & [2_][P]

[2][P] -- ([4][4]) -- [4][6][P]+[K]

[2][P] -- ([4][4]) -- [4][K]+[G]([K])

i would like to understand the rest of your advice better, thank you for sharing.

17. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    WAZA means skill or attack. So, Yosuke is saying that Pai and Wolf don't have strong attacks on the belly (or front) side, so you should probably choose to evade in this direction against either character more often than not.

18. BK__

BK__ Well-Known Member

ohhhhh`¬!! thanks ^___^)

19. archangel

Thanks myke /versus/images/graemlins/smile.gif but what does the rest mean?

20. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    I think Yosuke was using some special html characters in his post, which is why you see those strange numbers. It was supposed to look like this:

[ QUOTE ]
    Yosuke wrote:
    BK__
    can I write?
    <ul type="square">[*]I think archangel (PAI) can not do escape and avoid throwing...also He and you usually escape [8]....I realized because Wolf dose not have strong WAZA the belly side... PAI also dose not have strong waza the belly side. I think only 1K or K but these are not useful waza.
    [*]if I fight this wolf, I would use only P, 2P 6P.... because you always watch for chance... Short Shoulder. so you should use 2P then 633214P or throw... this is common attack. Do you know 8? He would prefer to use this attack. [/list]

archangel....
    <ul type="square">[*]moving is OK. do you know Itabasi? he is not fast VF player lol ,but he has good defense.sometimes you should be patience... your PAI is very fine lol.[/list]

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of Yosuke's advice didn't you understand? For someone still learning English, I think he writes pretty well! My interpretation is as follows:

BK should be wary of his own stance and try to exploit AA's habit of escaping [8] most of the time. Note that this advice also applies to AA against BK. BK should also force nitaku games from 2P (then screwhook or throw) rather than delaying a short shoulder.

AA moves well and plays fast, but could probably benefit from being patient at times, otherwise his game is fine.

While you guys may not agree with some of the advice, keep in mind that it's given from only watching a couple of matches.