1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's db+K+G sweep

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by mushen, Apr 3, 2002.

1. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

When this hits as a normal hit, it doesn't knock down the
    enemy. It's not a crumble, it's not a stagger I don't think. There's some recover animation from the opponent receiving the hit.

Anyone know of any guarantees after this move?

Does anyone know if the opponent is couching after receiving the hit?

What do you like to follow up with when this happens?

2. mushen

mushen Well-Known Member

Pai's b+P+K+G into Meishouho stance

Also, I like to know how your guys are using b+P+K+G stance. It seems like it is a good dodge away move similar to how bd+P works but it doesn't have a good follow up move for me.

My choices are b+P+K+G -> K+G which does a turn around jump kick that doesn't knock down on normal hit.

b+P+K+G -> K which does a sweep with very short range.

b+P+K+G -> P which goes into Bokutai stance. But it's a bit slow.

When and how are you guys using this stance effectively?

3. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

Re: Pai's b+P+K+G into Meishouho stance

pai's d/b+K+G causes a special hit animation, but the opponent recovers really quickly from it. It isn't anything special, it just looks different from a typical hit animation. I've seen pai get low thrown after it hits, but that's usually because she's hesitating and not standing up immediately with an attack. It's -5 frames on regular hit.

For b+PKG, it's true that it ducks away from knees and PPP type combos, but the fact that she's starting with b+K makes it sort of obvious. I think d/b+P sort of accomplishes the same thing, as you said. I'd think a good player could easily recognize the stance and simply backdash and let pai spaz out, rather than risk a hit.

4. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

If you hold d+p+G then Pai's sweep will knock the person down. I mix them up to get people confused and position myself. Most of the time, if you get someone one these sweeps constantly, they are used to waiting to get up or tapping to tech roll or something and if you do the db+p+g sweep, they will sort of be thrown off. And then you can combo off of someone like that. At least that's what will happen until someone figures that out. lol. Also, for the b+p+k+g, I use it a step away from opponents who want to do a move that requires them to reach for me. So I will run and then stop there and do the move and it will turn Pai around and I can either sweep or do the hop kick. Usually after the hop kick, I would stop her motion and go into a side step or a p, p, p combo, or something else. Try and mix that part up. Hope that helps. I am not a Pai expert but I will give it my best shot.

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

re: the d+K+G... the only sad part is she yells during this sweep and some people can block it on reflex. I think it recovers even slower too. But it has an upside, and that's that if someone fails to tech roll after the sweep connects, a combo will hit... for example d+K+G, D/F+P, P, f+P.

6. BakuBaku

BakuBaku Well-Known Member

Yeh I rarley do d+G+K unless im on a roll with the knockdowns and I get outa hand or a big head. Most of the time I do the db one just for some dammage and try and rush up with a throw I just pop up with a uf+KK lots of people seem to run in after I dont knock them down like that. Its also good to knock out shun really easy or anyone who likes to do freaky stances.

7. stompoutloud

stompoutloud Well-Known Member

Does anyone know all the ways I can use that B+k stance ? I know the one where she can duck and stop the last flip kicks, but one time, I did somethere where after she was crouched down from b+k and then she came up with her knee striking the opponent in the chest. There is also where you can stop and delay on the crouch and go into p,p, p. Is there anything else?