1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pai's Version C Command List Errata

Discussion in 'General' started by Deniz, Apr 19, 2002.

1. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

1. The PPPf+K Triple Punch, Heelkick needs a Stumble note.
    2. The hit level for the df+PPK “Low Blue Fist, Punch, Kick†should be M*.
    3. The Guard Stagger notes for the charged versions of the df+PK Low Bluefist, Crescent Kick and the KPK “High Kick, Low Bluefist, Crescent Kick†and the b,f,f+P+K Standing Palm should be updated to High Guard Stagger.
    4. The f+K Slow Mid Kick produces a Crouch Guard Stagger.
    5. The df+K Side Kick results in a Crouch Stagger.
    6. The Slam note for the f+K+G Double Moon Kick (which was added because of a previous comment of mine) should really be made more specific by replacing it with a note indicating the second kick does a Slam on Air Hit. If the first kick connects (causing a knockdown), then the second kick causes the slam against the falling opponent; otherwise the slam doesn't occur. The following also do a Slam on Air Hit: ub+Kf+K “Backflip Kick, Reverse Backflip Kickâ€Â; second kick of the f,f+K+G Butterfly Kick; u+K+G Jumping Crane Kick; uf+K+G Reverse Backflip Kick; second kick of the (CE) KK Sweep, Butterfly Kick.
    7. The b+K,d Reverse Heelkick, Circular Evade Stance recovers low.
    8. Technically speaking, the reversal level for the (Sway Step) P Body Blow should be MP/MP, since either of its two component attacks can be reversed.
    9. The (Sway Step) PP Double Body Blow needs a Force Crouch note. Now this move really perplexes me. The list shows it has four hits doing 5, 10, 5, 5 damage. After literally several weeks of playing around with it in training mode, and both watching it and listening to the whoosh sounds its blows make, I am pretty convinced it does only three hits, with 10, 5, 5 damage. All three are capable of being reversed (as MP attacks), so it might be a good idea to indicate this. But no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get that purported first “5†damage blow to appear.
    10. The old QR/TR notes in the Throws section haven’t been updated to IR.
    11. The (back) P+GK+G Reverse Stumbling Trip, Backflip Kick needs a Flop note.
    12. Based on the PS2 VF4 Free Training mode, the D, f+P+G Flip Over Throw still does full damage after an IR, so the “Just Break Fall Damage = 50†note should be changed to “IR possible.â€Â
    13. The b,d+P+G Stumbling Trip needs a Stagger note.
    14. According to Daily VF4, the Grd stats for the (near) d+K+G Sweep should be –15, and for the (far) d+K+G Sweep it should be –14. Myke, could this be a correction to the Blue/White books that you referenced when I previously pointed out this discrepancy (at that time, with the Virtua Project listings)?
    15. According to the PS2 VF4 Command Training, doing the back turned ub+K Reverse Backflip Kick requires that it be buffered first. Although I admit to not being totally sure that is correct, it is clear to me that the move is not always accessible by simply inputting ub+K while Pai is in a back turned position. What usually happens instead is that Pai turns around and does a uf+K move. So I assume some kind of special condition should be included in its command notation.

2. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Also:
    16. It should be noted that the F+K Running Flying Kick is unblockable.

3. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Reversal levels for Pai's rising attacks:
    All of her low rising attacks are SW, except for face down, head towards, no roll (no delay), which is LK.
    Midlevel rising attacks:
    face up feet towards: All are MCR.
    face up head towards: All are SK.
    face down feet towards:
    1. no roll, no delay: MCR
    2. delay: SK
    3. longer delay: MCR (yes, there are two levels of delay for face down feet towards midlevel rising attacks -- you can delay until the character begins rising, or delay until the apex of the rise).
    4. sideroll: MK
    5. backroll: SK
    face down head towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): SK
    2. delay: MCR
    3. side roll: SK
    4. backroll: MCR

4. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

Way back on April 22, I had posted: In the meanwhile, I will go back to each of the errata threads, and indicate which midlevel reversible kicks should be in the SK class, and will continue noting them as I go through other characters. For Pai, it is only her df+K that should be changed to SK.
    This seems to have been inadvertently overlooked, as the reversal level for her df+K Side Kick is still incorrectly listed as MK.

5. Deniz

Deniz Well-Known Member

A new comment: The reversal level of the [Sway Step] K+GP "Crescent, Lunging Punch" should be "MP, MP" as both of its component attacks are reversible.

6. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    1. The PPPf+K Triple Punch, Heelkick needs a Stumble note.

Updated.

2. The hit level for the df+PPK “Low Blue Fist, Punch, Kick†should be M*.

Updated.

3. The Guard Stagger notes for the charged versions of the df+PK Low Bluefist, Crescent Kick and the KPK “High Kick, Low Bluefist, Crescent Kick†and the b,f,f+P+K Standing Palm should be updated to High Guard Stagger.

Updated.

4. The f+K Slow Mid Kick produces a Crouch Guard Stagger.

Updated.

5. The df+K Side Kick results in a Crouch Stagger.

Updated.

6. The Slam note for the f+K+G Double Moon Kick (which was added because of a previous comment of mine) should really be made more specific by replacing it with a note indicating the second kick does a Slam on Air Hit. If the first kick connects (causing a knockdown), then the second kick causes the slam against the falling opponent; otherwise the slam doesn't occur. The following also do a Slam on Air Hit: ub+Kf+K “Backflip Kick, Reverse Backflip Kickâ€Â; second kick of the f,f+K+G Butterfly Kick; u+K+G Jumping Crane Kick; uf+K+G Reverse Backflip Kick; second kick of the (CE) KK Sweep, Butterfly Kick.

Updated.

7. The b+K,d Reverse Heelkick, Circular Evade Stance recovers low.

Updated.

8. Technically speaking, the reversal level for the (Sway Step) P Body Blow should be MP/MP, since either of its two component attacks can be reversed.

Updated.

9. The (Sway Step) PP Double Body Blow needs a Force Crouch note. Now this move really perplexes me. The list shows it has four hits doing 5, 10, 5, 5 damage. After literally several weeks of playing around with it in training mode, and both watching it and listening to the whoosh sounds its blows make, I am pretty convinced it does only three hits, with 10, 5, 5 damage. All three are capable of being reversed (as MP attacks), so it might be a good idea to indicate this. But no matter what I do, I can’t seem to get that purported first “5†damage blow to appear.

Here's my take on what's happening: The (sway) P normally does a total of two hits: 10, 10 pts, and the (sway) PP does a total of 5. Listen to the sfx. The total damage breakdown of the (sway) PP becomes 10, (5), 10, 5, 5. The (5) portion was the second hit of the (sway) P which used to do 10 pts. If you note the input for the (sway) PP, you must enter the 2nd P before the second hit of (sway) P. Rather than being a canned combo, it's more of a modified move in my mind. That is, the second input modifies the move during execution. Verifying the (5) pts damage was tricky, but I managed to do it by jumping into Pai and noted the 4 pts damage from the 2nd hit (i.e. 80% of 5pts).

So, the (sway) PP actually does do 5, 10, 5, 5 damage, but it kicks in after the first hit of the (sway) P. I've updated the reversal level and notes accordingly, as well as the names for this series (Body Blow is so wrong). It's now known as the Windmill Punches.

10. The old QR/TR notes in the Throws section haven’t been updated to IR.

Updated.

11. The (back) P+GK+G Reverse Stumbling Trip, Backflip Kick needs a Flop note.

Updated.

12. Based on the PS2 VF4 Free Training mode, the D, f+P+G Flip Over Throw still does full damage after an IR, so the “Just Break Fall Damage = 50†note should be changed to “IR possible.â€Â

Updated. This is an error in the Blue and White books.

13. The b,d+P+G Stumbling Trip needs a Stagger note.

Updated.

14. According to Daily VF4, the Grd stats for the (near) d+K+G Sweep should be –15, and for the (far) d+K+G Sweep it should be –14. Myke, could this be a correction to the Blue/White books that you referenced when I previously pointed out this discrepancy (at that time, with the Virtua Project listings)?

The Blue and White Books list the d+K+G as -17 on Guard with no distancing mentioned. I've updated the VFDC list with the data from Daily VF4.

15. According to the PS2 VF4 Command Training, doing the back turned ub+K Reverse Backflip Kick requires that it be buffered first. Although I admit to not being totally sure that is correct, it is clear to me that the move is not always accessible by simply inputting ub+K while Pai is in a back turned position. What usually happens instead is that Pai turns around and does a uf+K move. So I assume some kind of special condition should be included in its command notation.

It's not mandatory that you buffer the [BT] ub+K. I can do it from standing idle with back turned. It requires some strict timing, and much easier when buffered, but it is still doable.

________

16. It should be noted that the F+K Running Flying Kick is unblockable.

Updated.

________

Reversal levels for Pai's rising attacks:
    All of her low rising attacks are SW, except for face down, head towards, no roll (no delay), which

is LK.
    Midlevel rising attacks:
    face up feet towards: All are MCR.
    face up head towards: All are SK.
    face down feet towards:
    1. no roll, no delay: MCR
    2. delay: SK
    3. longer delay: MCR (yes, there are two levels of delay for face down feet towards midlevel rising attacks -- you can delay until the character begins rising, or delay until the apex of the rise).
    4. sideroll: MK
    5. backroll: SK
    face down head towards:
    1. no roll (no delay): SK
    2. delay: MCR
    3. side roll: SK
    4. backroll: MCR

Updated. Leaving out longer delay variant due to lack of frame data.

________

Way back on April 22, I had posted: In the meanwhile, I will go back to each of the errata threads, and indicate which midlevel reversible kicks should be in the SK class, and will continue noting them as I go through other characters. For Pai, it is only her df+K that should be changed to
    SK. This seems to have been inadvertently overlooked, as the reversal level for her df+K Side Kick is still incorrectly listed as MK.

Updated.

________

A new comment: The reversal level of the [Sway Step] K+GP "Crescent, Lunging Punch" should be "MP, MP" as both of its component attacks are reversible.

Updated.