1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Panzer Dragoon coming to X-Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by AnimeJoe, Mar 29, 2001.

1. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

Panzer Dragoon coming to X-Box!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tokyo, March 30 (Bloomberg)  Microsoft Corp. said Tokyo- based gamemaker Sega Corp. agreed to publish 11 titles for its new Xbox video-game console, bolstering the appeal of the device to Japanese consumers.

Sega agreed to make an undisclosed number of games available exclusively for play on Xbox for a limited time, said Peter Moore, president of Sega’s U.S. unit. He declined to say when the games will go on sale.

Microsoft has been working to attract Japanese game companies to make software for Xbox, its bid to challenge rivals Sony Corp. and Nintendo Co. in the $20 billion game market. The agreement with Sega brightens Microsoft’s outlook in Japan, though it still needs to lure other high-profile developers such as Square Co., Namco Ltd. and Capcom Co., said James Lin, an analyst with Jeffries & Co. “They need not only Sega. They need Square, Capcom and Namco to step up and say ‘yeah,â€Â’ Lin said.

Microsoft Chairman Bill Gates plans to discuss the agreement with Sega and demonstrate other games for the Japanese market in a speech later today at the Tokyo Game Show, Microsoft executives said. Sega earlier this year scrapped its money-losing Dreamcast console and now plans to make games for devices such as Xbox and Sony’s PlayStation 2.

Games which Sega will make available for Xbox include “Jet Grind Radio Future,†“Panzer Dragoon,†“Sega GT2†and “Gun Valkyrie.†Having Sega games available exclusively is “great for Xbox,†Lin said, because that could attract more users to the console. The agreement is also likely a boon for Sega as it focuses on software.

“I’m sure they got very favorable terms from Microsoft, including possibly cash payments,†said Joseph Spiegel, an analyst with Spinner Asset Management, which owns Sega shares. Microsoft has yet to say exactly when Xbox will go on sale or how much it will cost. The No. 1 software maker expects to introduce the console in the U.S. and Japan by year’s end.

In the speech, Gates plans to show footage of 12 games from Japanese developers such as Konami Co., Koei Co., Tecmo Ltd. and Hudson Soft Co., Bach said. Executives from Namco and Capcom will express support for Xbox in the video, though no games from those companies will be shown, he said. “We’re trying to communicate to people the depth and breadth of our development commitment from Japan,†said Robbie Bach, a Microsoft senior vice president.

Konami was previously the only Japanese game maker to publicly name specific titles in development for Xbox. Microsoft executives will also demonstrate a fighting game designed by company employees in Japan called “Project K-X.†Microsoft plans to increase its game development staff in Japan to 100 by June.

Microsoft also has plans for a game controller tailor-made for the Japanese market. It will be smaller and have a different arrangement of buttons.

2. ice-9

ice-9 Well-Known Member

Holy #!@$!@%!!!

Looks like I'm going to get an X-Box! [shock]

3. AnimeJoe

AnimeJoe Active Member

Re: Holy #!@$!@%!!!

You and me both, LOL...

I know how fond of the X*Box Suzuki-san is so I'm expecting VFIV to get the royal treatment when it's ported to it. I'm likely to end up VFIV across every console it's released on, hehe..
    I had always pondered eventually purchasing an X*Box but now I'm definitely getting one at launch!

Hopefully the X-Box version of Panzer Dragoon is like the original 3D shooter and not a friggin RPG!

4. Yamcha

Yamcha Well-Known Member

It's supposedly a shooter (according to Gamespot).

I'm surprised too about now getting an Xbox. I was waiting to see some good Japanese developed games for it, but this seals the deal.

--------------
    Formerly known as Fogira Four

5. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Hey, The RPG ruled.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

6. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

hmmmmm
    i want MGS2
    Xbox getting that
    I want Sega games
    X-box getting too

might get X-box over PS2.....

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

7. Hayai_JiJi

Hayai_JiJi Well-Known Member

Sure but the PS2 is a guaranteed success. X-Box's fate is still very much in the air. Also I am currnetly playing MGS2 demo and boy does this game whup butt I am not waiting any longer than needed to play the full version of this game.

Under the surface of the most jaded cynic lies a dissappointed idealist- George Carlin

8. SummAh

SummAh Well-Known Member

yes
    the demo is good fun indeed..

esp when the guard lifted the box...boyo wasn't expecting that~~~!!!!~~~

<font color=red>SummErs' 'enemy SPODED, enemy DOWN'

9. CIN

CIN Well-Known Member

Looks like XBOX is becoming the Dreamcast 2.

My next console is going to be XBOX after this announcement. :)

CIN