1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Parry a counter?

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by DMan, Jul 23, 2001.

1. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

I just got the latest issue of Next Gen magazine, and it features VF4 and Tekken 4, with 3-4 pages for each game. Anyway, they mention that there is the ability to parry a counter, and then having that parry countered. Has anyone who has played the game seen any of this stuff?
    -DMan-

2. Jason Cha

Jason Cha Well-Known Member

I wouldn't really trust Next Gen, or any other for profit publication, as a source of information regarding VF.

The simple answer to your question is no.

-Jason

3. Sudden_Death

Sudden_Death Well-Known Member

hmm that sounds like that first vf4 movie showing pai and lau doing what u just described....

[​IMG]

<font color=red>nAndato</font color=red>

4. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

"hmm that sounds like that first vf4 movie showing pai and lau doing what u just described...."

Yea thats what I was thinking too. Oh well, I was hoping they would find some kind of way to put something like that in VF. Kind of like they way you can chicken a counter in tekken.

-DMan-

5. CreeD

CreeD Well-Known Member

I dunno that I like chickens. The concept is cool, but the attacker should not be able to foil reversals by simply doing a predictable attack and then chickening it. They should be forced to come up with another (less predictable) attack instead.

<font color=blue size=11 face="Times New Roman">
    CreeD </font>(possible sig)

6. DMan

DMan Well-Known Member

Well if someone is doing a predictable attack you don't have to counter it in the first place. But I agree with you though, because if you are worried about someone countering you, then you just start buffering in the checken commands for most of your attacks and you don't have to worry so much about being countered. What about the way Soul Calibur lets you parry after your attack has been parried. Maybe that would be a good way to handle it.
    -DMan-

7. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

This is something that's been on my mind also. One of the small instruction stickers on the Bayswater VF4 machine describes a "counter attack" by either tapping up or down and all three buttons while dodging an attack. I've dodged before but I've never had the guts to attempt the full command, does anyone else have a better idea?

Adio.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Adio on 07/23/01 10:26 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

I'm guessing the information is unreliable or misrepresented like Jason said. It tends to happen a lot.

However, if it happens to be something like chickening.... ugh, I am gonna hate that. I don't even use reversals much, but I've always found chickening to be an annoying tool. Maybe it's just me. There is one chicken that exists in the VF3 series however. Pai vs. Pai. Pai does K, P+G (chicken). If K is reversed, Pai does a kick with her other leg while her original kicking leg is grabbed by the opponent.

If it became a unique aspect of a few characters in unique situations, i think it might actually be cool. But if it became a common thing across the board, it would probably frustrate me.

-Chanchai

9. Mr. Bungle

Mr. Bungle Well-Known Member

dodge+P+K+G is just a standardized dodge and attack/throw.

and the db+P+K reversing kickflips isn't a bug. it's even noted on the sega vf4 page. most moves that hit mid are now reversed with db+P+K, not just elbows and sidekicks.

10. Adio

Adio Well-Known Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! My beloved kickflip mind game play has gone to hell now! DAMN YOU SAZUKI!!!!!!!

Adio.