1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Philippines Official Thread

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by Dash_Lewis, May 6, 2002.

1. Dash_Lewis

Dash_Lewis Member

to all filipinos who are VF4 addicts, this is our thread!

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

Wow they play VF4 in the Philippines?!?! I dont live there but I just visited last year and all they were playing was TTT and MvsC. Where in the Philippines are you?

3. Jebus

Jebus Active Member

lol, I'm don't live in the Philippines but I go visit my family like every year. Do you know any Arcade units there ? My guess is that they have it at like MegaMall or other SM stores. O and I'm half Chinese and half filipino

4. Dash_Lewis

Dash_Lewis Member

the arcade capital of the philippines is manila, but unfortunately i live in Davao City, theres still no VF4 in the arcades here, we just play in our PS2

5. Dash_Lewis

Dash_Lewis Member

there are probably more than 10 arcade stalls in SM MEGAMALL alone

6. Mike90210

Hey hows the competition over there?...Im hoping to go back within the next year...hopefully you guys (and I) will still be playing.

7. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Hey I might be there too./versus/images/icons/smile.gif

I like pinakbet, is that how to spell it?

8. death_raven

death_raven Well-Known Member

you'll see a lot of good players in the phillipines, that's one thing i'm looking forward too when i go visit my folks there, just in manila there's a bunch of malls with tons of arcade centers inside, hopefully they havent loss interest in VF, the before i went here in U.S. a year ago, only a few people were into VF 3tb, hopefully that ha changed.

9. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

I<m from the phillipines but i've only been there once several years ago when I was 6 so I didnt know that. Also my cousin got in trouble for going to a computer arcade too much which i heard is very poular there.

10. death_raven

very popular indeed, i've spent most of my time in highschool at arcades, there's just tons of it threre

11. HighKing

HighKing Well-Known Member

Who in here is Filipino?

12. death_raven

13. ad91791

ad91791 Well-Known Member

I' m phillipino.

14. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

I'm Filipino. 100%. Haven't been to the Philippines in a while tho. The last time I was there was in '97 so didn't know VF and other fighters were popular there. I know I'm coming back sometime this year. I can't wait to play at SM. Kumusta ka na everyone.
    Anyone here from Moncada, San Sebastian or San Miguel?

15. death_raven

no news of VF4 in the philippines from what my friends told me, kinda sucks, but they've check only the malls in quezon city and manila. but i heard by late december they might get a hold of it, its wierd why its not even there.

16. SnowFallSlasher

SnowFallSlasher New Member

I'm from the Philippines. I play T4 and VF4 on a PS2 rental here (Sa RFC sa Las Piñas. Mura lang, 30 pesos per hour).

17. death_raven

hey kamusta, sayang at sa rental mo lang mahahanap ang VF4, wala pa rin kasi sa arcade eh. and dami ko nang friends na gustong malaro sa arcade ang VF4. hehe mukhang maghihintay pas sila.

18. Akira_Zero

Akira_Zero Well-Known Member

Mike92123...what up?? Wished I played you more at NYG3. Good games tho. Your Lion kicked my ass. Anyway, you Filipino? If you are, It never entered my mind that you were, for some reason. So how's VF4 Evolution competition in SoCal going?

19. Mike90210

Whats up Akira Zero? Ya Im Filipino but most people think Im Vietnamese or something. Ya we shouldve got more games in. I noticed alot of improvement in your Akira towards the end of the gathering. VF Evo is really cool...Ive been up there the last 2 days to play it.

20. kungfusmurf

kungfusmurf Well-Known Member

Yeah, Creed thought I was filipino too. Maybe he got me missed up with you Mike, haha. Hope to see you soon dude. Don't let the weather and the girls distract you, things are just getting warn up here in NY.