1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Phonetic notation

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by machinaexdeo, Aug 11, 2006.

1. machinaexdeo

machinaexdeo New Member

I've noticed that on this forum there isn't a guide to correctly input more difficult strings, such as correct buffering notation. In Tekken Zaibatsu, there used to be a thread that helped people become more acclimated to learning buffered moves, strings, and mixups(ie., Jack 5's f+2 into qcf+1). I hope that this contribution from a fledgling player helps those that are just starting off as well.

Common Akira strings:

DLC

Notation:
    df K+G, f+p, b,f,f+P+K

Phonetical notation
    javascript:void(0)
    dfjavascript:void(0)
    Kjavascript:void(0)
    +javascript:void(0)
    G,
    fjavascript:void(0)
    Pjavascript:void(0)
    b,
    Pjavascript:void(0)
    K

AS3

Notation:
    djavascript:void(0)
    G,javascript:void(0)
    K,
    bjavascript:void(0)
    P

Phonetic notation:
    djavascript:void(0)
    G,javascript:void(0)
    b,javascript:void(0)
    P

I'm hoping that people contribute to this thread to help people, such as myself, how to correctly input these strings and juggles so as to improve our efficiency. Thank you.

2. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    [ QUOTE ]
    machinaexdeo said:

I've noticed that on this forum there isn't a guide to correctly input more difficult strings, such as correct buffering notation.

[/ QUOTE ]

What part of the thread VF4 Notation Basics did you find lacking?

I don't really understand what you're trying to say and the commands you've used in your post all came out wrong? To use the command icons in your post, just left-click on them. It appears as though you did a "Copy link..." and paste!?

3. vanity

vanity Well-Known Member

vf notation works well because there's no "qcfx2" or anything like that, and the notation is never redundant.