1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pittsburgh VFers...?

Discussion in 'Local Scene' started by DeathCom, Feb 1, 2002.

1. DeathCom

DeathCom Well-Known Member

Just lookin around for any local competition... yeah I know there is like zero VF4 machines in the area, but now that the PS2 version is here, its time to join in on what we were missing! Contact me by mail or respond here. Im sure we can arrange some battle time.

-DeathCom

2. Shag

Shag Well-Known Member

PSN:
    ShagPSN
    XBL:
    Shagnificent
    The closest place near Pittsburgh with VF4 is Philly, at University Pinball.

They're having a VF tournament at the end of March.

3. DeathCom

Philly? Damn, thats like 6-8hrs away. Looks like Im may have to build a circle of comp here in the burgh. Did it before (Soul Calibur... but at least we had quite a few arcade machines of that).

-DeathCom

4. vfbum

vfbum Well-Known Member

Speaking of Pittsburgh, are any of the CMU VF2 crowd (Alex, Mike, Carl, Hyun) out there?

5. vfbum

vfbum Well-Known Member

I heard theres a machine in Westlake, OH (near Cleveland)

6. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

I can't believe this...I work so hard to grow a vf circle in stlouis and now after i left they are building some fomidable crowd by themself >_<

anyway i am in Pittsburgh now, i live near Shadyside...i just got my vf4 copy on Friday and getting adjust to the new ver.

i am happy to play with you if you don't mind my rusty play.

7. DeathCom

Excellent. We are over in the Bridgeville area. We have a fairly decent gaming setup here, but if you prefer we can come by your place. Let me know. Currently our circle consists of... two new blood is greatly needed.

-DeathCom

8. Chanchai

Chanchai Well-Known Member

If J_Chuang is the player with a handle formerly starting with an S, then I have a whole lot more reason to go visit Pittsburgh for some VF action now! If this is the case, and J_Chuang plays in the Pittsburgh tourney, I have more reason to go to that tourney now.

-Chanchai

9. Djimbe

Djimbe Member

I LIVE in PGH , but I shan't be back in town for a tad , as I am making my meager living on the road . When I return I should be happy to lug my massive joystick anywhere the bus will take my if I am off that day l , but I will be a few weeks at most .

10. Djimbe

Djimbe Member

I LIVE in PGH , but I shan't be back in town for a tad , as I am making my meager living on the road . When I return I should be happy to lug my massive joystick anywhere the bus will take my if I am off that day l , but I will be a few weeks at most .

11. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

Sup guys. Lets try to get some VF4 in sometime soon, eh?

I got summer classes, so I'm gonna be up here all summer. I need to play some actual people. The CPU is extremely boring and kumite mode is starting to lose its luster. Funny thing is I'm still a scrub so I really shouldnt be bored with the game =)

Lol just email me or post here when any of you want to play. I'm in Oakland, if you guys didnt know. My email is jeymal@yahoo.com

Peace,
    Bronze

12. J_Chuang

J_Chuang Well-Known Member

I live around Oakland too, shadyside.

Just done with my finals, so i am pretty free right now.
    So what time is good for you?

13. Bronzefist

Bronzefist Member

Hey I'm pretty much done with finals too. I got one tomorrow (Saturday morning) and then I'm free. I'm not going back to Philly until Tuesday so I'm open for some games anytime after my exam tomorrow.

Any time is fine with me. Me and another friend planned on playing sometime this weekend so it would be great to have some new comp.

Email (jeymal@yahoo.com) or call me (621-8775) to set up a time. Or just reply here.

My name is Jamal btw.

14. Kwonk

Kwonk New Member

Well, if anyone's still in town, I'm up for get-togethers in the Pittsburgh Area. I work during the day, so any other time is good.