1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Plague's House

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Plague, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Re: Plague's House - Offline & XBL!

Is there something I should notice??
    The HD videos doesn't run smoothly on my pc....

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

That's the kind of feedback I was looking for. I want to know if I can make video of this size that will run smooth. It's choppy on my PC and my PC is about 5 or 6 years old.

3. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Talis,

Your HD video's play back choppy on my computer. The choppy/stuttering HD problem is more likely a YouTube problem than a computer speed issue. A quick test would be to upload an identical video to Vimeo and YouTube. If Vimeo plays back smoothly while YouTube doesn't, the culprit is probably how YouTube handles motion in the video.

There are some computers that will probably choke on YouTube HD even with the right compression settings. These computers are probably based on an Atom or similarly low spec processor. My understanding is that Flash based video is mostly CPU limited. A Pentium IV or Athlon XP and above should be adequate for watching YouTube HD.

Everyone watching Plague's HD matches, please watch this YouTube Motion Test video and report if it plays back smoothly on your computer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjIP0arSn_k&fmt=22

The video above will give you an idea of a responders ability to watch YouTube HD smoothly. The video above runs smoothly in HD on my computer.

As the author of the above video reports, he is using the free SUPER encoding program with H.264 at a 6000 kbps bitrate.

http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html

Can I expect to watch your DVD or at least a highlight reel on YouTube HD? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

4. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

ANdy,

Thanks for that. I've been wanting to use h264 and haven't got around to incorporating it into virtualDub.

This is from their site, though...

" The new H.264 video codec jointly developed by the ITU and MPEG, has become one of the major video standards
    because it replaces several popular formats while offering significant advantages. It is also known by the cumbersome
    names of "ISO/IEC 14496-10" or "MPEG-4 Part 10" or simply "MPEG-4 AVC" or "AVC" Advanced_Video_Coding.
    Whatever it is called, the H.264 codec has many unique advantages, for example, it can typically match the quality
    of MPEG-4 ASP with 5%-30% less bitrate. However, H.264 streams seems to have steep CPU and memory requirements.
    "

I'll do more study.

5. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

OK - notes on that vid. If I watch it on my slow PC at work (super-slow, way worse than my house), I get a video in slow motion rather than a slide show. Is that to do with the h264 I wonder.

6. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

The vids run smooth for me. Nice matches.

7. Dennis0201

I check these HD videos on my laptop and they run perfect!!
    It sounds weird and I don't think my desktop couldn't handle those HD videos...

8. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Plague's House - Offline & XBL!

HEY! XBL time. Tonight's episode features CarolinaPanther in HD!

May 17th, 2009
    Plague AK vs CarolinaPanther AO <span style='font-size: 8pt'>Backturned AND ground attack reversal - all in one fight![/size]</span>

Check this thread often for the next great fight! Subscribe to PlagueVFDC on YouTube for the fastest updates.

9. Kamais_Ookin

Kamais_Ookin Well-Known Troll

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

Damn Plague them Adam Yuki matches were awesome! I wish to get to that level someday..... Anywho I take back what I said about wanting it more then VF5R now /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
  11. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

I enjoyed the Weiand matches and Cheif Flash against Myke, I learned new things watching Flash for my wolf and some Jeffry setups of weiand, Plague and Myke you guys are looking as sharp as ever! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

12. Dennis0201

Thanks for the videos Plague!!
    I'm looking for the team and single tournament next time!!

13. CaliJared

CaliJared Well-Known Member

Wow it's crazy how much different I was playing from that match with Myke till the end of the event. Still couldn't touch Myke though. =(

14. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

Oh look... a sample from the SoCal VF DVD!

15. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Good job Talis...i can't for the DVD.

16. Dennis0201

WOW~
    Talis, you did a great job!!!
    Perfect mixed with live audio!!!!!!

17. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

hahaha yosuke's laugh in the end is awesome [​IMG]

18. MarlyJay

MarlyJay Moderator - 9K'ing for justice. Staff Member Gold Supporter

PSN:
    MarlyJay
    XBL:
    MarlyJay

[​IMG]

Can't wait for the DVD.

[​IMG]

19. Kamais_Ookin

PSN:
    Kyooboona
    XBL:
    Kamais Ookin

Commentary was excellent, very entertaining listening to everyone!

20. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

It gets crazier as the night goes on - that was the first match of the evening. There's about 50-60 more of them in the Team Tournament.

I was inspired by the action in 2007. The team tournament was so crazy loud when Ladon won, I thought my house would fall down. I was bummed that tthe live reaction was not recorded. I finally took action in 2009. The DVD will just rock!