1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Plague's House

Discussion in 'VF.TV' started by Plague, Jun 13, 2007.

1. Dennis0201

Dennis0201 Well-Known Member

Re: Plague's House - Offline & XBL!

Talis,
    How did you control to skip the reply after each round or not?? Coz you mixed up with the live audio and I think it's very difficult to match perfect like this shit!!! [​IMG]

Btw, do you mind if I upload some videos? I just want to show my friends to take a look, but if you don't like it and that's okay.

2. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I gotz teh sKiLz!

select... cut... select... listen... cut... slide... cut... listen... SHIT! Too much!... undo... listen... select... cut... SHIT!... undo...[/size]

3. Johoseph

Johoseph Well-Known Member

XBL:
    Lau of America

Haha. Huge respect to you Talis. Even though I've only got 3 matches recorded, and I get hard raped in all of them, reliving the event will be straight awesome. Keep up the good work [​IMG]

4. Dennis0201

Haha~ I see.
    Thanks for the works!!!!

5. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

it's all trial and error dennis. editing video is fun even though it can be frustrating sometimes. [​IMG]

i use pinnacle 11. what do you use plague?

6. MP

MP Well-Known Member

PSN:
    MonkeypunchVF

Awesome! I'm going to get me some beers and watch the DVD as soon as it arrives!

Thanks for all the work your putting into the DVD Plague! [​IMG]

7. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I'm using iMovie. I'm gonna try Adobe Premiere to see if it speeds the process. iMovie doesn't import .vob so I'm using Handbrake to convert replay file .vobs to .mp4. I'd like to leave that step out.

Pinnacle looks good. I read only one article and it looks like it will import a .vob - yet it doesn't state so at the end of the article. Trouble is my PC is old and below the minimum suggested requirements. Catherine's Mac (for her business) is uber-powerful. I've read that Premiere will import .vob and maybe my DVD construction will get easier.

8. Chief_Flash

Chief_Flash Well-Known Member

XBL:
    T1L ALL AR3 0N3

adobe premier is very good, but a little bit more pricey thats all. if you're willing to pay for it, then get that instead of pinnacle. but i'm content with my pinnacle 11. it was under $100 and it came with it's own capture device. [​IMG]

9. Azusabo

Azusabo Well-Known Member

Talis, you can skip a whole lot of steps and don't even need to rip out the vobs.

Just use MPEG Streamclip (There are Mac and PC versions)

Description here:

MPEG Streamclip is a powerful high-quality video converter, player, editor for MPEG, QuickTime, transport streams, iPod. And now it is a DivX editor and encoding machine, and even a stream and YouTube downloader.

http://www.squared5.com/svideo/mpeg-streamclip-mac.html

Set the compression settings, put the DVD in and while playing, something like press i for in time o for out time and then file > export to mpeg 4. You can create an edit list to batch capture (list > edit) for a series of in and out times and then save as (file > save as) for a single video file or export (file > export to mpeg 4) for multiple files. It's like editing, ripping and converting all in one step. It's perfect for cutting out load times and getting the exact matches you need from a DVD. Quality is excellent too. The price: Free [​IMG]

10. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE

I looked at streamclip, drop2dv, and more. I need to buy a component to make streamclip work. I also need to use a moviemaker (iMovie) to add the live audio.

I don't need to do much work to get .vobs - I just drag them off the DVD. The way I capture replays with my DVR, each fight is contained in one .vob. So convenient.

As it stands, I can make the DVD with Handbrake, iMovie, and iDVD. I'll see if Premiere makes life easier. If not, I can still get the job done. I do appreciate the advice even if I don't use it.

11. Leonard_McCoy

Leonard_McCoy Well-Known Member

Simply beautiful, Talis. Makes the waiting worth it!

12. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Re: Plague's House - June 23rd-30th, 2007

BUMP BUMP,

you through posting here plague?

I miss all the good matches you used to upload [​IMG]

13. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    Been working on SoCal DVD. Also - I believe my 360 died today. RROD.

14. Dennis0201

Damn, how can you record the matches without your 360!!!

15. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I recorded them all off the 360 already. It was the first thing I did. All 84 of them.

16. smb

smb Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Plague. (about the 360).

Thanks for the work on the socal dvd. Even tho i probably won't pick it up, still appreciate you taking the time out of your personal life to support VF in all the ways you do.

17. Dennis0201

Send it back to MS if you are still in the 3 years warranty, but I believe this "dead rings" will happen again sooner or later. I suffered this shit 3 times and I gave up. It turns out the previous gerenration console was a defective product by its inner design.

Get a new one and purchase the extend warranty from bestbuy if you are not able to fix it, or go to craigslist to find anyone can fix it.

18. Plague

Plague Well-Known Member

PSN:
    plague-cwa
    XBL:
    HowBoutSmPLAGUE
    I have an elite model. It's been sent away once for DVD drive replacement. WHat I got back was a different elite model. It's still under warranty. I'm shipping it Monday.

19. _Denkai_

_Denkai_ Well-Known Member

Gotta love 360's its a ticking time bomb

20. Dennis0201

I had 1 time for DVD drive and 2 times for overheating!!