Play against Chibita & Kyasao - HiTech Land VF4 Carnival

Discussion in 'Junky's Jungle' started by GaijinPunch, May 2, 2002.

1. GaijinPunch

GaijinPunch Well-Known Member

This isn't really a meet, so I don't think it belongs in the Jamboree. It's more of a promotion that Sega is doing. HiTech Land in Shibuya (Meiji Dori) has got about 25 VF4 stations setup (so that's 50 machines) for all levels. Beginner, 3-kyu to 3-dan, 4-dan only, 5-dan only, 6-dan and up, 10-dan and up.

I got to play against Kyasao (Lei Fei) & Chibita (Pai) -- guess I don't need to post the outcome, as it's fairly obvious. /versus/images/icons/smile.gif

Anyways, if you're in Tokyo, head down. They've also got VF1, VF2, VF3, and VF Kids up there. Played VF2 -- strange. It's amazing how far the VF universe has come!

2. Mike90210

Mike90210 Well-Known Member

damn that sounds cool...Good way to rank up too as opposed to playing random people. I wish I could visit Japan soon but I doubt that will happen.

3. GaijinPunch

That's the main purpose of the carnival -- is to let people rank up. There's also a "Play against XXXXX" part, where you can play against famous players. The only two I saw yesterday were Mukki Akira & Arashi. There was quite a line to play against them.

4. nycat

nycat Well-Known Member

Re: HiTech Land VF4 Carnival

Thx GP. Budget accomadations for VF4 travelers. www.fujimamas.com chicken w/ mint chutney and salad ($6.80). On Omotesando turn left at La Costa , the sporting goods store, and walk a few yards. The woman who shop till they drop enjoy discreet smiles and glances. /versus/images/icons/cool.gif

5. Shadowdean

Shadowdean Well-Known Member

<Begins to scour dorm room floor for quaters and nickels>

6. GaijinPunch

NYCAT -- you're not supposed to take a taxi from narita unless your
    1) rich
    2) accompanied by atleast 5 other people

The train is still about $28, which isn't too fun.

The places you mentioned to stay sound cheaper than my rent, but then again, I can cycle to Shibuya.

Also an update of what happened:

Chibita, Kayasao, and some other famous players were in the "Play Against XXXX" event. Chibita did a whopping 127 wins and 8 losses. Kyasao and the others were in the 90's, with no more than 10-15 losses. Crazy.