1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Players on the evo disk replays

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by LM_Akira, Jun 19, 2004.

1. LM_Akira

LM_Akira Well-Known Member

I'm well aware this topic has come up once or twice already but I can't recall seeing anything written about the Lau player Professor, so just quickly I was wondering if anyone knows his actual ring name. I know Ohsu, Homestay, Kyasao, Yoro, Arashi, The Guerilla, Turbo Pai (I do know his correct name I just can't spell it /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif), Freeloader, Dippy et al are there but does anyone know who the Lau, Shun and Vanessa players are?

Thanks in advance.

2. Manjimaru

Manjimaru Grumpy old man

PSN:
    manjimaruFI
    XBL:
    freedfrmtheReal
    I remember professors real name mentioned as 'Hakushon Lau'. I could be wrong though.

Sorry Shun = Itabashi Zangief, I think. Don't know about Vanessa.

There was a thread somewhere about these ringnames..

- Manji

3. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Manjimaru said:

Don't know about Vanessa.

- Manji

[/ QUOTE ]

Vanessa is Kurita!

Akira = Ohsu, Homestay, Jacky = Haijin, Sarah = Muscel Sarah, Pai = Tsuchikumo, Lion = Chibita, Lau = Hakushion, Jeff = Super J, Aoi = Guerilla, Goh = Arashi, Brad = Mask, Kage = Yoro, Kyasao, Wolf = Segaru (Se-girl?), BunBunM, Lei = Hanabi Lei, Vanessa = Kurita, Shun = Itabashi Z.

Specail rank:
    Ohsu and Napoleon

4. LM_Akira

D'oh its been a while since I'd watched some of matches so yeah the Vanessa player was obviously Kurita, but thanks a lot for the replies guys.

5. If you still have trouble remembering the people who used the characters in the replays, remember the Champion-level characters in Quest Mode; with some exceptions. And Ogi, the Wolf user's name is Segirl, poor dude. *cough* fag*cough*

6. archangel

archangel Well-Known Member

WOLF = Segaru

Not sure why it's segirl

7. LM_Akira

No, you missed my point.

The ringnames in the PAL version aren't all the corret Japanese ringnames, example Professor = Hakushon Lau...my question had nothing to do with the Champions in quest mode (again, ringnames in Quest are not all correct Japanese ones) .

8. Ogi

Ogi Well-Known Member

Hi friend
    u may got the point, it is Se-girl.
    but i d like call him segaru.
    I think japanese speek of girl is Garu!! lol
    (see 10th ann DVD, it is Se-girl)

Oh forgot to mention there is other wolf player on the dvd disk called cmr, just under the fight segaru vs chibita.

9. AMG

AMG Member

Interesting. What about Brad. Is his name Mask the Hurt?
    Just wondering because I his name is Mask du HT.

10. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

If i'm not mistaken, HT stands for Hijitetsu. Which roughly means "rebuff" or "rejection."