1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Please dont trow that controller

Discussion in 'Quest, Kumite and Items' started by OneTooMany, Oct 29, 2003.

1. GTO

GTO Well-Known Member

strong moves are guarenteed throws, examples: akira's yoho, double palm, shoulder ram, spod [[P]+[K]+[G]]

a lot of floater moves are guarenteed throw moves, plus they guarentee fast hits such as [P][P][P]

for sarah and lau, well, hmm sarah's flamingo stance is really quite vulnerable if it's not close up, and lau, well, his slow recovery moves aren't usually used out in the open as opposed to through a combo, where the moves are guarenteed and have enough time to recover. lau is a fast character overall.

2. Pai_Garu

Pai_Garu Well-Known Member

The deal here is that you suck at this game still. You need to read the board more and play more and think about how the game works.

3. Ura_Bahn

Ura_Bahn Well-Known Member

As a Lion player i hate:-

Akira - cuz of the SPoD and his other elbo stuff

Sarah - cuz no mater what i do its hard to get perfect wins (CPU gets you before it loses)

Jeffery - cuz try too man low pokes = splash mountain /versus/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Jackey - i have only 1 word " YEAH "

4. ZSS

ZSS Well-Known Member

Seconding Ura_Bahn.

5. ValeStyle_Gove

ValeStyle_Gove Well-Known Member

Yes, I second Ura a year and a half later too ... Personal Joke

6. Devil7om

Devil7om Well-Known Member

Secondaring mister ass kicking

7. L33

L33 Well-Known Member

The most annoying players for me are fast ones... i play Goh /versus/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. Heres a list:

Pai: annoying mixes from low-mid-high-unpredictable throws; fast too

Lion: stupid evade attacks; i could use [8]/[2] [K]+[G] but i dont know when; voice...; depending on the opp. unpredictable

Jacky: speaking of voice...; same problem as Pai; nice but painful strings; pretty fast

A trigger-happy Venessa: need more practice in distinguishing her guaranteed moves; i hate her kicks...

A trigger-happy Sarah: speaking of kicks...

Lei Fei: not as much as the above list; i dont hate him; i like his style actually; but some AIs mix up moves so well sometimes; the only thing annoying about him is his dancing

Throw-happy Jeffreys and Wolfs: i suck at throw escapes...

I dont mind Lau so much since i could use [P]+[K] to parry all of his [P] and take advantage. And defensive Sarahs and Venessas are easy. Offence-oriented Wolf and Jeffrey are slow so i dont mind them either. and i can read Gohs and Brads.

8. IamthePope

IamthePope Well-Known Member

I hate Shun Di. That little drunk Bastard tricks me up all the time and is a bitch to throw with Wolf. He's not so much of a problem when I'm playing Lau or Akira. Second most annoying is Brad. All those dodges, ducks, and backsteps disrupt my timing and allow him to get counter hits when I think I've got a garunteed hit situation.

9. axeman61

axeman61 Member

You know what I've realized with Brad, as well as the rest of the CPU characters you play against? They don't deserve a fair fight if you're after something. Pull out all your dirty tricks.
    Brad, I found, is a little vulnerable when doing his twisty combos or what ever the hell they are. With Kage, all I really have to do (if I'm careful) is stay out of their range and hit him with [2][K]+[G] at some point, because he does them a lot. I feel that the bastard is overpowered, so I don't feel at all bad about my strategy.
    There's bound to be a move that has that range for every character. Find it and crush Brad with no remorse.

10. SHADOW_JACKY

SHADOW_JACKY Member

I really hate Kage, Sarah, Brad, and Vanessa.

Shun used to but now I like to humiliate him more know and I've gotten so good with Akira its not even funny compared to 3 weeks ago when I couldn't even hold my own in the last arcade and getting my ass kicked left and right. But I can handle anyone with Lau and Jacky.

oh yeah...PAI is SUPREME EVIL!!!!!!! I even watched all of her replays in the DVD section to see if she got her ass kicked much...she hardly lost!

11. pkg_inc

pkg_inc Well-Known Member

you realise that in DS, Vanessa doesn't have a normal punch OR an elbow? Sure, her [3][P] is ten frames in execution, but it has SHORT reach. Add some throw escapes, and she really isn't that hard to punish, just don't be too generous with the low punches, she had a sabaki move, remember. Many of her strings need only to be dodged in the right directoin, and her throws are fairly simple. What's the deal? And if you still don't get it, go through her move list and advice section.

12. KiwE

KiwE Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I feel that the bastard is overpowered, so I don't feel at all bad about my strategy.

[/ QUOTE ]

/versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif /versus/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/KiwE

13. IamthePope

Probably the cheapest thing you can do is to turn your opponent around when your at the edge of the ring and push them out. Akira and Wolf can both do this with [1][P]+[G]. It's incredibly cheap, but against CPU opponents I have no sympathy.

14. Oioron

Oioron Well-Known Member Gold Supporter

Ringouts aren't cheap. They are a valid way to win. That's why movement and spacing are very important in this game.

I used to think that it was cheap too.

15. Dark_Gift

Dark_Gift Member

i agree wit oioron, i mean if you're fighting against characters like wolf or akira just be more cautious when near the edge of the ring...

i hate kage, he has nice long range moves, and my brother loves abusing them /versus/images/graemlins/mad.gif

16. IamthePope

My older brother does the same thing. he'll back up whenever he knocks me down and then he sets up a guessing game by attacking with long range moves that either go high, mid, or low. it's suprisingly difficult to anticipate which attack he'll use since many of his long range attacks look the same. He also pulls this low kick crap, that is fast and if blocked doesn't allow you to low throw (I like to do this with Wolf and Aoi [2][P]+[K]+[G]). Even if I anticipate the low kicks, and low punch, Kage's low kick gets the counter hit, plus Wolf doesn't have a low kick reversal (but since Aoi and Akira do, I make a fool of him when I play as them). The worst thing is that my brother doesn't know jack about playing VF4 and yet he is still able put up a decent, frustrating fight by using these tactics.

17. Shaolin_Hopper

Shaolin_Hopper Well-Known Member

Sounds like it's a good thing he doesn't know jack about VF4, because it seems like he has much better concept of game strategy than you do.

VF has one of the biggest cheeses around because of the block button. It's called 'fuzzy guarding'. If you're just trying to turtle him at long range, you might want to practice this a bit. If you're just eating his attacks because you're trying to counter and guessing wrong, well...all I can say is guess better. And don't forget to watch out for the throw - you can be totally invulnerable to striking attacks with a perfect fuzzy guard, and still take damage when your opponent grabs you.

One thing you can do to try to guess better is to save some replays of your matches against him and watch yourself. You would be amazed at the stupid things you see yourself do, and the habits you start to see in your opponent and in yourself. Break your habits, stop doing stupid things, and break him because of his habits.

18. Dandy_J

Dandy_J Well-Known Member

OK first of all, low throw IS guarunteed if you block Kage's low K (as are most low K's). Secondly, fuzzy protects against mid/throw, not mid/low. Mid low you have to defend on reaction.

19. Llanfair

Llanfair Well-Known Member

[ QUOTE ]
    He also pulls this low kick crap, that is fast and if blocked doesn't allow you to low throw

[/ QUOTE ]

Go read a movelist. Kage's low kick is -14 on block. You *can* low throw. As are most characters' low kicks...

<font color="yellow">.cheers.</font>

edit: Sorry, Dandy, didn't see your post...

20. Jacks

Jacks New Member

Akira with his 50 variations on a damn body check annoys me to no end.