1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Please help out a newbie, trouble with trial 5b

Discussion in 'Console' started by AciDShOrT, Mar 20, 2002.

1. AciDShOrT

AciDShOrT Member

Hi, i just picked up the game today, and i can't get past the 5th trial. I don't understand the timing to input all three buttens, and i only randomly move to the side every once and a while. Can someone help me out? Thanks so much.

2. Bu_Jessoom

Bu_Jessoom Well-Known Member

This has been talked about in Creed's (And some others i think) <a target="_blank" href=http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Board=versus&Number=25581&Search=true&Forum=All_Forums&Words=Akira%20Trial&Match=And&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=2558> PS2 VF4 Trial Mode -Translations (Part1) </a> Thread. And here is what it said:

5A: Struggle out of staggers. Jacky does a puntkick, which staggers you. You must struggle hard enough to recover and block the next puntkick. Do it three times. Probably the easiest struggle situation in the game.

5B: A little tougher, but still easy: Use struggling techniques to roll out of Akira's pounce after he connects his dodge attack. For effortless success just hold down on the stick and keep tapping guard.

The way I did it, I just struggled by pressing all buttons and wiggling the stick before I hit the ground and stop just as you are laying there. Afterwards, just hold up or down, then press Guard many times to roll out of the way.

3. gamesmaster1_2be

gamesmaster1_2be Well-Known Member

on 60hz, it gets a lot more difficult.
    tap (VERY QUICKLY) p,g,g,p,g continuously, for a faster get up.