1. Hey Guest, looking for Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown content? Rest assured that the game is identical to Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown so all current resources on here such as Command Lists with frame data, Combo Lists and the Wiki still apply. However, you can expect some VF5US specific changes to come soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Please read before posting any combos/combo videos

Discussion in 'Dojo' started by Jeneric, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Jeneric

Jeneric Well-Known Member

A few important rules to remember

* If there's a stagger you can get out of, it's not a combo

* If an opponent can tech roll anywhere in the combo, it's not a combo. Therefore, always have exact tech roll ON when testing combos.

* If there's a ground throw in the combo, it's not a combo

* When listing the damage of a combo, especially ones that require counter hit, please subtract the damage of the actual launcher in order to avoid confusion as there's different counter hit damages in VF depending on what move you beat out.

This is not meant to be derogatory to anybody. I think by adhering to these simple guidelines we can all have a more productive time finding the best combos for all the characters.

Feel free to add more thoughts.

Chanchai likes this.
  2. Libertine

Libertine Well-Known Member Content Manager Brad Silver Supporter Content Coordinator

It appears as though the in-game display for hits in combos is unreliable. A green figure should indicate when a combo can be escaped, but sometimes the game incorrectly displays a number in green for a guaranteed combo. If in doubt, use the record feature to have the CPU perform the combo(s) in question on you. If you cannot escape from damage, then chances are that the combination is guaranteed. I would not trust the CPU to use exact recovery when testing, as this was unreliable in VF5.

3. Sashaz

Sashaz Well-Known Member

No its good to have guidelines.

4. Myke

Myke Administrator Staff Member Content Manager Kage

PSN:
    Myke623
    XBL:
    Myke623
    Great post - stickied! [​IMG]

5. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Can you give an example of this?

6. Unicorn

Unicorn Well-Known Masher Content Manager Wolf

PSN:
    unicorn_cz
    XBL:
    unicorn cz
    Wolf vs Taka, I think close - :66:[P][+][K][P] > [P] > [6][3][2][1][4][P][P]
    Turning green after [P], yet still can not be avoided

7. noodalls

noodalls Well-Known Member Bronze Supporter

Do you mean Wolf vs Taka
    [6][P][P]+[K] [P] [6][3][2][1][4][P]?

I so, it looks like it is avoidable with just-techroll.
    http://youtu.be/pqwoh-TO6Z0
    http://youtu.be/VY6tamCkZ6I
    i.e. the green numbering accurately reflects what is going on.

If you don't mean that, I don't know what you were referring to, Wolf doesn't have [6][6][P]+[K][P] or [P]+[K][P].

8. Tricky

Tricky "9000; Eileen Flow Dojoer" Content Manager Eileen

I too have never witnessed the green thing not working properly outside of throw based combos.